✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this song is actually going to be the big hit of LP6. Just a feeling. Love the lyrics. Someone on Twitter said it has a sound similar to that of DLIBYH!

it sounds like any other avicii song

So the youtube video is getting not many views. TBH, i expected like a million by now. I hoping that the song gets a lot of exposure from the tv appearances. idk why im worried about youtube videos...

It's only the first day. The tv appearances and the iTunes release will get things going.

Amazing, amazing song.. It gets better with each listen. At first I was taken back by the whole EDM thing, and I was skeptical after reading some reviews on here. ( I was at work so I couldn't listen but I read a few comments on the song) But man, I love it! Yeah the lyrics are simple, but they fit the song well IMO. The music could sound generic at first listen, but now I hear so many layers a subtle beauties ( FYI I'm no musician so I don't know how complex it truly is, but it sounds complex to me) I know it's EDM or whatever, but to me it just sounds like a classic Coldplay pop song with a new twist. I love something my wife said ( She also loved it ) that it sounds like a mixture of everything they've done till now, and I agree with her. Also I think it's going to be even better in the context of the album!

I think this song could use a little less synths, but they are helpful to build up to the foot-stomping climax of the song. I am in love with the beginning piano (classic Coldplay combined with modern pop a la We Found Love) and the end guitar (a la Where The Streets Have No Name by U2, one of my all-time favorite songs), but the middle could use a bit less synths, a few more instrument complexities, and maybe a more complex beat ( I feel Will could do something incredible with this beat ) .

I don't really get the people who say 'POWERFUL DELIVERY 11/10', because I feel that way about Another's Arms but not this. It just kinda gets lost in everything that's going on around it.

People respond to different things. Personally, I love the energy of it and I think it will work in tandem with the other songs, but who knows. All I know is that it is a decent track that some people will love and others hate because of the genre it is. And also I don't like people saying this should be Avicii feat. Chris Martin. If it was made by Avicii, then Chris Martin wouldn't have used it in the album, let alone as the lead single. Avicii had a big impact on it, but this is a COLLAB and tbh, it feels Coldplay to me. It feels like the next step from ETDIAWF. And if hated that song, no doubt you'll hate this song.