✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a problem! Incredibly excited for this new track (to no surprise--who isn't?)!

I have my apprehensions about this.

(Has anybody entertained the [albeit unlikely] possibility of this being a one-off single with nothing more going after that? The signs point to no, still a possibility though. Just playing devil's advocate.)

This is one of the reasons why the "we might split after this" rumor carries much more weight than it ever has before.

I don't see it at all. I think they genuinely love making music. Otherwise- they wouldn't be putting out albums every 2 years.

It's just...in their blood.

And if I'm not mistaken...it's 5:20am in UK now, right? So we're talking in ...2 hours?

(Has anybody entertained the [albeit unlikely] possibility of this being a one-off single with nothing more going after that? The signs point to no, still a possibility though. Just playing devil's advocate.)

Well, they are using the hashtag #AHFOD in the teasing, so I think it's safe to assume this is for an album. ;)

Well, they are using the hashtag #AHFOD in the teasing, so I think it's safe to assume this is for an album. ;)

Like I mentioned previously, signs pointed to no. (then again, keane did something similar a few years back, and proved everyone wrong by pulling a best-of album [essentially a combination of all their singles except two] out of the back pocket.)

This is one of the reasons why the "we might split after this" rumor carries much more weight than it ever has before.

Also, Chris has earlier said in interviews that he doesn't want to be a rockstar when he reaches age 40 (he said at that age he might take up classical composition :D), and he is 38 now...

Also, Chris has earlier said in interviews that he doesn't want to be a rockstar when he reaches age 40 (he said at that age he might take up classical composition :D), and he is 38 now...

I could see this being the last big thing they do for a while. Who knows what they will do next, but it will definitely be a while before we experience this pre release build up. So enjoy Coldplayers! :D I'm off to bed and can't wait to hear the song, as well as read everyone's thoughts on it in the morning. Enjoy everybody!

In the ~10 years of being a fan I've heard the split rumor so many times. It's the same case as people predicting the end of the world- it will happen, just not anytime soon more than likely. :nod:

As for if it's attached to an album, it fits the new era designs and even sounds like it has cultural influences just from the clip we've heard. Also, the single design is draped around the rings which are presumably the album cover. I know you said unlikely but just some reassurances. :)

He also said more recently that everything he does is a Bono move and Bono's still going strong in his mid-50s so I think Chris can do it. :D

I would honestly bet money they are not breaking up after this album. Aside from the fact they say this every album release, of all the times to possibly end it -- now would the the worst. They've been closer than before since MX ended and I see no signs of that fading.

I could see this being the last big thing they do for a while. Who knows what they will do next, but it will definitely be a while before we experience this pre release build up. So enjoy Coldplayers! :D I'm off to bed and can't wait to hear the song, as well as read everyone's thoughts on it in the morning. Enjoy everybody!

I'm off to bed as well, I may wake up in 2 hours to listen but I won't be back on the forum til tomorrow so good night everyone. :) I hope you all enjoy the song, I'll surely have it on repeat all day long tomorrow! Take care, I have a feeling good things are coming our way. :)

I don't think it would make very much sense for the band to be tying all of this in so tightly to the new record and then go and say, "Hey, guys. This actually is completely unrelated to AHFOD. Enjoy, nonetheless!" Coldplay has been pretty solidly consistent about their releases and indicating where they belong, so I think the odds of it being one-off are next to none. I can't reconcile it being anything other than a single off the new record, not to mention how the band have been promoting it recently. The last time they put any effort into teasing a non-album track that I can recall was with Christmas Lights, and that was a big deal because they had finally written their own Christmas track (I remember Chris being very excited about that. Lol!). If this is a one-off recording, then it must be one heck of a song to require so much teasing and promotion!

So, I don't think there is any possibility of this being unrelated to AHFOD. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll shave my beard (thus igniting the fury of my fiancée) and eat my favourite shirt. :(;)

Since there's no telling what the site will look like after the song in officially unveiled, I'm gonna go ahead and take a few screencaps of the current site for memory's sake! Seeing the evolution of their website is always fun to watch.

Since there's no telling what the site will look like after the song in officially unveiled, I'm gonna go ahead and take a few screencaps of the current site for memory's sake! Seeing the evolution of their website is always fun to watch.

I think they'll keep the timeline up actually, for viewing. Just have a tab on the new site for it or something like that.