✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Miracles" new original song by Coldplay for movie "Unbroken"

gai

It actually sounds like Chris in the beginning. And the song sounds very coldplay. I for one am really hoping it is. It sounds great!

Didn't Sky Channel use a snippet of Coldplay's Charlie Brown before the studio version was officially released? I can't seem to find it on youtube. Does anyone else remember that?

I recall that. I believe it aired in July, if I am remembering that correctly.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually sounds like Chris in the beginning. And the song sounds very coldplay. I for one am really hoping it is. It sounds great!

Didn't Sky Channel use a snippet of Coldplay's Charlie Brown before the studio version was officially released? I can't seem to find it on youtube. Does anyone else remember that?

Yeah, that was after we heard the live version, a month or two before the release of MX I believe.

I have an idea! That song heard On Sky ad could be do they know it's Christmas from BandAid30?

No it was only recorded yesterday and plus the song doesn't sound like that (the original) but i like your thinking!! I think it is Coldplay because the ooohs are definitley Chris and the shimmering guitar sounds like Johnny whether it is Miracles or not who knows??

Oh...true, i've just heard it and it's a totally different song...anyway that song is stunnig!wish is a Coldplay's new one!!

do you mean that you have heard miracles before and this is not the same song?? the only place it was supposedly played at was the universal studios gig.

Can I just say that if this is Coldplay... Im so happy they are going back to real strings and real instruments. It's a Coldplay-esque melody. I compared the ooohs in this song to the ooohs in Iris (Hold Me Close) and its so similar its bizarre. Hard to imagine this not as Coldplay.

Also, maybe this is off LP7?

I downloaded the advert and removed the vocals in Audacity so the music was a bit clearer. Not the best quality, but there is no talking over it. What do you think?

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/177234373&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe>

I am really excited about this potentially being Coldplay, Miracles or not. Those strings sound great in particular, really beautiful and Christmasy, almost sounding like the recent surge of folk-pop music. I will admit I am bit tired of all the oooo ooooing thought. Pretty much feels like a Chris Martin impulse every time they write a pop track, it has gotten way too cheesy for me and tiresome...like too much of a good thing, you know? Chris is the king of the killer sing-along-hook, but their albums sometimes feel like you are having 9 pieces of chocolate cake for supper...if that makes sense. I like epic, chanting songs... but how they write?

"While I REALLY love Atlas, I'm aware that it was a little too simple, musically and lyrically, so maybe that was the reason of it not being nominated."

Sorry to be disagreeable, but at least with regards to pop music, the circle of fifths, major or minor keys, and just basic western music theory, Atlas is not simple musically. It's complex. Maybe the vocal melody sounds simple and it is. But I'll take back my comment that it's complex if you could tell me what key the song is in. The best coldplay songs are typically very simple. Yellow...the Scientist...to name two. Atlas...no. It's the work of someone who knows all the rules and has chosen to break them (the verses) and the fact that it comes across as simple means it's accesibke despite its complexity. I think it's kind of genius