✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Don't you think that they have also improved a lot as live performers as well?

Btw, I do agree with the sentiments expressed in the rest of your earlier post, particularly your comments on the individual songs... Sharply observed (although quite cutting too :P).

Yes, now that I think about it, yes very much so! Clocks live is so much better than the studio. Paradise as well. The piano parts on those two songs have been improved greatly in their 2012-present performances. Gosh, if only these performances remind the band of how good rock still is.

Others have touched on their reasoning for why/why not these last three albums will be regarded as classics, so I'll just say something brief about their live performances.

I have yet to go to a Coldplay concert (unfortunately), but it seems to me that if the guys come out with a 100% loud, bright, and booming performance, it's not going to be as good of an effort as one that's mixed in with a few slower moments. Chris seems to be hinting at the former of these (saying they finally have a setlist with no duds), and I worry that such performances will be nothing more than gigantic 90-minute walls of light and sound. That works great if done correctly, but you can't go doing that all the time. Some songs you just need the guys and some spotlights (think See You Soon on the Live 2003 DVD, very simple, very elegant, and very emotional).

Hopefully these new stage additions will address that and let the guys keep some of their slower moments intact while maintaining the pacing and energy given by the "big" songs.

Why all this unnecessary drama in this thread?

MARK! :awesome:

I'd like to get your guys' opinion on something. It'll help if you're completely honest too, don't hold anything back; cause I'd really like to know. Do you think in time, MX, GS and AHFOD together or separately could reach the levels that P, AROBTTH, X&Y and Viva soared to? I mean, Yellow, Politik, Square One and strawberry Swing are classics. No doubt about it. It got me thinking, in 10 years time I'll bet songs like Paradise, Magic and Amazing Day will have aged gracefully and we could place them among the best of the best Coldplay tracks. I mean, think about it! The new album lyrics have a way of sticking with you. If they stick with you, they must be good right!?

On to production. I love the production of the first 4 albums. It's perfect, maybe a few duds here and there but for the most part it's solid. Stargate's production on AHFOD isn't all that bad. It really shines through on Up & Up where Chris' vocals take center stage. That song Up & Up is up(pun intended) there with Amsterdam in terms of raw energy, sound and production. If you listen to the masterpiece that is X Marks The Spot, you'll hear the clean production mkxed with the "boo-boo boom" of the lyrics. It makes it as catchy as a song as say In My Place right?

What do you think the live shows will be like? Supposedly the stage setup is shaped like a giant male sperm. If they bring out more props they could seriously make this tour the best yet! Do you guys think more is better? Or simplicity at its core is best? Since the band only plays between 20-21 songs now, it is safe to say that AHFOD will take center stage at the concert in terms of how many new songs they perform. In My Place hasn't been played since 2012, Politik since 2011. Maybe those songs need a rest and the band can pull out some of that newer material to play. That way they can connect with the audience better.

Just some food for thought. Sorry for the long post guys! tl:dr= I love this thread! Can't wait to hear your opinions on this.

Maybe a few songs. I have no problems with Always In My Head, it's actually probably towards the top of my list. Most of them however, no.

Look on the bright side: they're performing with Beyoncé at the Super Bowl Halftime!! [emoji52]

Well the bright side is that it's less likely for them to play POC... Rihanna's not there.

(continues to worry about Beyoncé singing POC)

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Maybe a few songs. I have no problems with Always In My Head, it's actually probably towards the top of my list. Most of them however, no.

I love Always In My Head too, especially Jonny's guitar riff and Guy's bass riff. Will's drums just fits so well.!

I also like Chris's vocals(not that much).

• Like 1

I love Always In My Head too, especially Jonny's guitar riff and Guy's bass riff. Will's drums just fits so well.!

I also like Chris's vocals(not that much).

When they first performed it at the iTunes Festival (2014) I was blown away that they might actually make a comeback to something really great, the whole set made me feel like they were back on the X&Y/AROBTTH style, Albertus Medium and all.

• Like 2

When they first performed it at the iTunes Festival (2014) I was blown away that they might actually make a comeback to something really great, the whole set made me feel like they were back on the X&Y/AROBTTH style, Albertus Medium and all.

Yeah! It was almost 'completely' live. You know what I mean... Not that much recorded things in the background because it wasn't released yet.

• Like 1

If you were in charge of making the Super Bowl setlist, what would it be? Assuming it's 5-6 songs and the goal is to put on the best show, not particularly your personal list.

My Lists:

1. Politik

2. Lost! (Organ fades into Talk's opening synth)

3. Talk

4. Viva La Vida

5. Fix You

(Do you have time for one more song/We're gonna play one more and then we're gonna go)

6. Twisted Logic

ALTERNATIVELY

1. Square One (outro done on acoustic guitar like in the studio version)

2. Yellow

3. In My Place

4. Shiver

5. Viva La Vida

(Thanks for supporting us thanks everyone who helped thanks mom thanks dad thanks cameramen th-)

6. Fix You

Let's have fun with this :)

• Like 2

(Almost) everything will sound better/more alt rock when it's performed 100% live. Then I think immediately of Amazing Day. From the whole album A Head Full Of Dreams is Amazing Day the track which can be performed 100% live without any recorded background things (violins etc.). I do not dislike the violins, but I'm just saying that Amazing Day is a song that doesn't need recorded things!

(IMO)

• Like 2

Well the bright side is that it's less likely for them to play POC... Rihanna's not there.

(continues to worry about Beyoncé singing POC)

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

What if they changed plans and showed up on stage with Noel Gallagher and ripped into 12 full minutes of Champagne Supernova. That'd be awesome.

Or even Up & Up followed by Champagne Supernova. That'd be hella awesome!

• Like 3

What if they changed plans and showed up on stage with Noel Gallagher and ripped into 12 full minutes of Champagne Supernova. That'd be awesome.

Or even Up & Up followed by Champagne Supernova. That'd be hella awesome!

Don't do this to me

Now I'm gonna be disappointed :lol:

Are we doing dream setlists? Because . . .

1. Politik

2. Clocks

3. Viva la Vida

4. Violet Hill

5. Up&Up

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE. With added guests:

1. Politik

2. Bittersweet Symphony

3. Clocks

4. Champagne Supernova

5. Up&Up