✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Sorry but this isn't the most accurate, picking the worst song from the newest album on purpose to make Coldplay seem worse then they overall actually are isn't a accurate comparison. Unless Coldplay go full blown hip hop XMTS will remain a one time thing. It was something they tried just for fun. Should it have made the album? No. Maybe a B side? I'd be okay with that (oh wait... No one seems to believe in that anymore :() I agree that it isn't the best of songs they've done and it really ruins the flow of the album (to be honest the track list choice is questionable before that even, but putting it before Amazing Day makes zero sense whatsoever) it's one I skip and don't have on my favorites list. But it simply isn't what Coldplay are today. I know it wouldn't make sense to attempt to make fun of the band by comparing the other song with Birds since that is a better choice but I guess the title track represents very well who they actually are now unlike XMTS. Just my opinion here, on your comparison.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Coldplaying mobile app

XMTS is catchy to me though.

• Like 3

I'm holding on to the minuscule hope that we get a reworked version of Up&Up on the EP :D We just want more piano! And fewer fake drums! And a louder solo at the end!

Also, it's totally not fair to compare Chinese Sleep Chant with any other song produced after Viva. It's just too good :P

That would be wonderful! Hopefully we do!

• Like 1

It was interesting to read the Obama comments here. While I agree with the criticism on some of his political actions when it comes to war, I also predominantly see the inclusion of Amazing Grace in its context of the Charleston shooting. The supposedly "most powerful man in the world" singing in this church to the families of the victims, the community in a voice somewhere between fragile and reassuring, about grace and hopefulness of all things - not hate, even though that is what such a vile attack is making people feel so often. It goes along with the message of the families when they publicly forgave the attacker. What a strong thing to do! I only learned back then that this maybe most known gospel was written by a white captain of a slavery ship who was saved from distress at sea along with his crew by a power he attributed to the grace of God. He later became a supporter of abolitionism. Maybe it makes this even more poignant in the context of the sad events.

I'm not a fan of him (politically) but I liked his voice, I don't think they (band) were looking to make any statements.

Does somebody know, when the EP Kalaydoscope will come out? When do Coldplay record the song new? Have a nice day! Sabine

We don't know when exactly it will come out, but we do know that it will come out some time in 2017 (with a high likelihood before the next tour leg in March, because the band will almost certainly include new songs in their 2017 tour) and that according to a tweet by the band, they are currently working on it.

• Like 1

On the subject of CSC, I'd like an entire album of it from Coldplay.

Please guys, pick up some Only By The Night and take your ideas from that album.

(currently working on a re-produced version of AHFOD now actually)

a shoegaze/dreampop autoproduced CP album on indipendent label is one of my wildest dreams (it will never happen anyway :lol:)

• Like 2

On the subject of CSC, I'd like an entire album of it from Coldplay.

a shoegaze/dreampop autoproduced CP album on independent label is one of my wildest dreams

Amen. Even a short EP would be a dream come true. And also let's include Will and Guy backing vocals on some of those songs like they did with CSC.

• Like 3

^ I eventually want a song each for Guy, Jonny, and Will to take lead vocals. A mini EP! :D

Especially Guy, since his voice is gorgeous on that Apparatjik song (plus Will has the live version of Death Will Never Conquer and I think Jonny got a verse in The Goldrush). A girl can dream . . .

Those are all such great ideas...

Too bad they'll likely never happen :(

Bit late to reply to follow-ups on my last post, but wasn't trying to call out anyone individual or imply anyone was saying unreasonable things about Obama. I'm just really defensive about AHFOD because I think it's a perfectly decent album, and as the US plunges into Trumpmania I do want to be positive about Obama. :)

I too would love to see the other three get lead vocals! They all have such unique voices that do work well together on songs like Fix You and Violet Hill. Up&Up would've been nicer if it didn't have all the kids and Beyonce and it could just be the 4 of them going at it. The song Gone But Not F. Cotton is great because you can really hear Chris and the other 3 sing out loud. Will's voice is amazing and in some ways technically better than Chris's so I would love to hear that in particular. I'd also love to hear a song that's a duet between Chris and Jonny again, like Politik, Daylight, or Don't Panic. (or similarly, Chris and Guy) That's one thing I miss about the X&Y era, which is that in many live performances, it's Will AND Guy providing a lot of backup vocals - most evidently in Speed of Sound.

One thing I'll throw out there is that it wasn't until Muse's 6th studio album that they put Chris (the bassist) on lead vocals for two songs. I did a quick search and I think the first song that features the Edge on lead vocals was on Rattle & Hum, the 6th U2 LP. So Coldplay would only be 2 LPs behind that mark to get him in there. :p

I would die if they release something like "the nappies"

The Nappies oddly has a really similar synthesizer part to Talk, so.... :D :D :D

• Like 2

The lack of news about this EP is so frustrating. I would've been great if they had released a single on Christmas Day as a gift for all of us. But for now, we will have to wait even longer I guess...

Well, if we're banking on the EP not releasing until just before their second tour leg (which starts in what, March or April?), then I'm guessing we may not hear anything until a month or so before. Plus, if the guys are in the final stages of finishing it up, there may not be anything to report at the moment.

And Chris spilled the beans during a radio interview. Was he supposed to do that? Maybe the guys meant to wait a little longer to officially announce it lol

• Like 1

Well, if we're banking on the EP not releasing until just before their second tour leg (which starts in what, March or April?), then I'm guessing we may not hear anything until a month or so before. Plus, if the guys are in the final stages of finishing it up, there may not be anything to report at the moment.

And Chris spilled the beans during a radio interview. Was he supposed to do that? Maybe the guys meant to wait a little longer to officially announce it lol

I do hope they have a strict deadline.

And the longer the boys are working on it, the less time Stargate would have to r**n it.

• Like 4

you know how hard it is for the boys to finish anything until their label tells them they have to be done :p

Honestly, that's the one thing that makes me hesitant whenever people say they should form their own label or go indie. We would never actually get any albums! The guys will fiddle and fiddle until everything is perfect lol. That's definitely not a bad thing, but it could make for some long gaps between releases if that were to ever happen!

My official guess for the EP: reveal of the art/tracklisting around the end of January or beginning of February, then the actual release around the first week of March, or maybe a little earlier. That way people have time to get acquainted with any new songs and sing along at the concerts :D

• Like 1

Honestly, that's the one thing that makes me hesitant whenever people say they should form their own label or go indie. We would never actually get any albums! The guys will fiddle and fiddle until everything is perfect lol. That's definitely not a bad thing, but it could make for some long gaps between releases if that were to ever happen!

i feel like in that case, maybe at least Phil would be there to kick them into gear. or else you're right, we'd never get another Coldplay album because they'd never finish it :lol:

• Like 3