✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

As disappointed I am in Big Sean being in Miracles (Someone Special), and at the inclusion of SJLT, AICTAIY and Hypnotised are both AMAZING tracks. Better than anything on AHFOD, in my opinion. So hopefully A L I E N S will be as good (or better) than those two.

• Like 1

Okay. Coldplay has officially sealed itself as the strangest band to ever exist. PEOPLE. We have a CD coming out with a track featuring Big Sean going into a track featuring Brian Eno.............................................

Go ahead and listen to Big Sean's Bounce Back and then Eno's album Small Craft on a Milk Sea. Talk about polar opposites.

I defended Big Sean a month or so again, to a degree, but now I am not excited about him being on the EP. Give and take I guess. We're getting a better version of SJLT and possibly an ambient space odyssey with A L I E N S, but then likely a corny R&B pop piano ballad with Big Sean.....so....confused.

In an interview in Feb. Big Sean said that Chris Martin was going to be on his album but that got pushed to something else. I doubt Miracles is an all out rap song, maybe its something pretty and acoustic with a rap verse? Hard to imagine...

• Like 5

^ Yeah, I literally have no idea what to expect on Miracles . . . I'm imagining something similar to Lost+ but that came out almost 10 years ago, so who knows? You would think they would have opted to release that as the second single rather than Hypnotised with a collab like that.

Worst case scenario, it's some weird hip-hop thing with more Big Sean and less Coldplay . . . and best case scenario I have no clue :joy:

• Like 2

Wait what happened there???:joy: I just saw this, I can't believe they changed some things from the EP.

Hypnotised is perfect you better not ruin it, Coldplay :mad::p

and what if Miracles (Someone Special) is a different brand new song with a similar name?

AICTAIY is beautiful, definitely Coldplay's long-awaited return to form.

As for the Big Sean collab, I am not exactly excited for that, but the SJLT remix could be the rock version we've all been waiting for, and they'll probably keep Hypnotised the same.

So far, so good. As for AICTAIY and Hypnotised, I'm baffled why they were never chosen for AHFOD!

• Like 2

AICTAIY is beautiful, definitely Coldplay's long-awaited return to form.

As for the Big Sean collab, I am not exactly excited for that, but the SJLT remix could be the rock version we've all been waiting for, and they'll probably keep Hypnotised the same.

So far, so good. As for AICTAIY and Hypnotised, I'm baffled why they were never chosen for AHFOD!

Because they're written recently. These songs are not from Ahfod era they're new.

• Like 1

oh yeah, i remember hearing about that not too long ago

how did we come across this information? i only ask because i don't remember it being known when MX came out (of course i could be wrong) so just wondering if maybe this is newer information that i missed... or still older information that i missed back then [emoji14]

but anyway, it's very exciting!

I knew it from an "insider", I can't say more than this :)

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

I might be a little late but how fuckin good is All I can think about is you? Like halfway through it really starts picking up and is amazing, I kinda wished they carried that kinda power throughout the whole thing but it is still amazing nonetheless :D

I think Chris just enjoys memeing with coldplay's fans and probably even the rest of the band, when he tries to do collaborations ahahaha.

I'm hoping Big Sean's involvement will be nothing more than say, Jay-Z on Lost+. I actually liked his addition to Lost and I'm hoping it's something along those lines. It's gonna be at least somewhat different than the current Miracles, and I don't think it'll be a + of Miracles, but at the same time, I'm hoping BS' involvement is limited. We'll see. How does the Tokyo live version of SJLT sound?

But I agree, like originally I never gave Lost+ a chance and just thought it would be crap but when I actually listened to it, it is actually really well-done. So yeah, I'll reserve judgement for much later lol.

• Like 1

been thinking about this this morning...

so we have:

• a dystopian love story
  • aliens
  • hypnosis

hmmm, this feels more like a relation to MX than AHFOD :joy: :heart_eyes:

Where are you seeing there will be a different version of Hypnotised??

this is what i was thinking, too. unless people think they might have continued to work on it? but i wouldn't think so since they released the song already... obviously SJLT will be a different version but that is clearly marked in both the announcement and tracklisting.

I knew it from an "insider", I can't say more than this :)

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

that works for me! thank you :D

I might be a little late but how fuckin good is All I can think about is you? Like halfway through it really starts picking up and is amazing, I kinda wished they carried that kinda power throughout the whole thing but it is still amazing nonetheless :D

i love that slow build, in both this and Hypnotised. to me, i think the difference is that in Hypnotised the highest point of the song is at the very end, whereas in AICTAIY that climax comes when J's riff aligns with Chris singing "All I can think about is you" and really at that moment it's like the whole band is playing the same song. before that, it feels like they are playing in a way that meshes well but is still somehow separate from one another. then at that part i mentioned and afterward, it's one cohesive unit.

• Like 2

Where are you seeing there will be a different version of Hypnotised??

this is what i was thinking, too. unless people think they might have continued to work on it? but i wouldn't think so since they released the song already... obviously SJLT will be a different version but that is clearly marked in both the announcement and tracklisting.

iTunes lists the song as Hypnotised (EP Mix), so that seems to imply it'll be a version different from the one we know.

• Like 4

iTunes lists the song as Hypnotised (EP Mix), so that seems to imply it'll be a version different from the one we know.

It's probably just a shorter version. The song is pretty long. Maybe it'll be like a radio edit. Which kinda sucks but if this is going to be their next single, at least it's a good one.

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

oh, ok, i see it now. it seems all the digital options have it listed as EP Mix, but the tracklisting for anything on the Coldplay site (aka the announcement and the physical releases in the store) don't have that. interesting...

It's probably just a shorter version. The song is pretty long. Maybe it'll be like a radio edit. Which kinda sucks but if this is going to be their next single, at least it's a good one.

I was thinking more the opposite. The version we have right now I would consider the "single"

Whatever it is, we already have a version that's really good, so I don't really mind however they decide to change it (if they're changing it at all)

• Like 1

After reading the lyrics on the artwork, I get the feeling that A L I E N S is a refugee song, like Moving to Mars. That would explain the title as well. Damn hyped for this one. *fingers crossed it's 6 min plus*

I haven't heard anything by Big Sean but I'm keeping an open mind because I remember initially prejudicing Lost+ simply because Jay-Z is a 'rapper' (I did not know about his greatness then) but when I gave it a genuine chance I was rewarded because his verse takes the song to a new level. However, not a big fan of the "my father told me" line because it's there in literally every mainstream EDM song but the rest of the lyrics seem intriguing, it's curious how he refers to Cassius as 'great' however, and not Caesar.

About AICTAIY, I do believe the live version was better but that's only expected given the fact that it's an absolute rocker and there's nothing like watching Will smash those drums to death! Video deserves just as much praise. Also, I'm impressed with the comment section on YouTube as all the top comments seem to comprise of genuine coldplay/oldplay fans, with a great comment dissecting each part of the song into diff eras and another one even mentioning I Ran Away!

Though of course I'd prefer a Coldplay-only version of SJLT, let's be honest - it's a pretty mediocre track and turning it 'more rock' isn't gonna save the other areas where it's lacking (e.g.- lyrics, IMO).

Also, could someone please tell me more about Brian Eno's work on MX? I did not know he left it halfway. That actually explains a lot, as to why there are songs like Princess of China on one side and HLH and DLIBYH on the other. I understand if information on the matter cannot be revealed for whatever might be the reason however.

• Like 4

I highly doubt that. They would do that on singles, not album versions (they said it wasnt going to be a single). The song felt a bit muddy and cluttered to me, so Im glad that they kept working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk