✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Really? Only Chris’ expression looks slightly different.

Will still looks stern as hell. Haha.

That 6.th song with no name must be Sunset. There s no other way in my opinion.

That’s what I’m thinking too.

• Like 4

Someone was early to the party, LOL

[ATTACH=full]9407[/ATTACH]

And indeed, Arabesque was seen next to Aiko and a song called Sex & Violence on the TV show 60 minutes back in the MX days.

Courtesy of Reddit:

[ATTACH=full]9408[/ATTACH]

Makes SO much sense now with how Matt posted (well, not much later making an account private, unfortunately) about dusting off Jon's Les Paul giving it a proper runout and fans spotted Chris' No Me Llores acoustic guitar much later in one of the videos!

• Like 3

Really? Only Chris’ expression looks slightly different.

Will still looks stern as hell. Haha.

That’s what I’m thinking too.

Jon's expression looks different and posture isn't the same though. He was the only one who actually made me notice the difference in photos at all lol

• Like 7

Someone was early to the party, LOL

[ATTACH=full]9407[/ATTACH]

And indeed, Arabesque was seen next to Aiko and a song called Sex & Violence on the TV show 60 minutes back in the MX days.

Courtesy of Reddit:

[ATTACH=full]9408[/ATTACH]

Interesting!!! I think the show was during the VIVA era actually... it came on right before the Grammys where they won Album of the Year :) Either way, good find!!

• Like 3

The cover does not suit the whole concept of the album - or what we know so far.

And the fact that we have the band on the album for the very first time...the pattern is broken and I’m disappointed. :(

Embrace change and stay positive. This album will be great :)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Quickly popping in here to say, I'm a little bit disappointed with the album art. For 20 years now Coldplay had something abstract on their album covers and now having band images imho doesn't make sense. Especially this image which isn't the best one...

Also I agree, with the image being (kind of) mirrored and the colourful writing in another language it comes off as an AHFOD copy LOL. I was hoping for a new font/style.

About the tracklist, it's hard to tell what to expect - in the past we all thought AICTAIY is some cheesy pop song for example but then it turned out to be the exact opposite. The title certainly look strange though.

Also, anyone remember "Drunks and Guns" from the MX Era ?

• Like 6

Embrace change and stay positive. This album will be great :)

Oh I’m sure the album will be awesome - even with a song call Daddy in it. Lol.

But one thing I love about Coldplay, no matter how much their sound has changed, they still kept their faces out of the album art - let the music speak for itself.

Now....

• Like 6

Quickly popping in here to say, I'm a little bit disappointed with the album art. For 20 years now Coldplay had something abstract on their album covers and now having band images imho doesn't make sense. Especially this image which isn't the best one...

Also I agree, with the image being (kind of) mirrored and the colourful writing in another language it comes off as an AHFOD copy LOL. I was hoping for a new font/style.

About the tracklist, it's hard to tell what to expect - in the past we all thought AICTAIY is some cheesy pop song for example but then it turned out to be the exact opposite. The title certainly look strange though.

Also, anyone remember "Drunks and Guns" from the MX Era ?

Pilar Zeta.... Made it... so it was clear that the new album artwork will be similar to AHFOD artwork...

• Like 7

Maaaan, I can't believe we learned that Coldplay are likely coming back with a politically themed double album with a historical cover and a narrative concept and the mood in this thread is disappointed. This is a (heh) amazing day! I'm much more intrigued for this album than I was for their last two.

• Like 10
  • Wow 1

Maaaan, I can't believe we learned that Coldplay are likely coming back with a politically themed double album with a historical cover and a narrative concept and the mood in this thread is disappointed. This is a (heh) amazing day! I'm much more intrigued for this album than I was for their last two.

I know! We all have high expectations for this band so when something doesn’t fulfill what we were hoping for it can be easy to whinge about that. I think we should all not judge books by its covers for now and wait till we hear the album in it’s entirety before making judgements

• Like 5

Pilar Zeta.... Made it... so it was clear that the new album artwork will be similar to AHFOD artwork...

I see your point but it's not like artists are limited to doing near enough the same thing.

OT: I can't decide if I think it's really pretty or like others have said, dissapointing with it being so similar to the previous. If it wasn't for their expressions, I'd be slightly inclined to believe this could be fake. I don't know how it's done but I'm sure I've seen fakes uploaded to Amazon before so who knows

• Like 1

I see your point but it's not like artists are limited to doing near enough the same thing.

OT: I can't decide if I think it's really pretty or like others have said, dissapointing with it being so similar to the previous. If it wasn't for their expressions, I'd be slightly inclined to believe this could be fake. I don't know how it's done but I'm sure I've seen fakes uploaded to Amazon before so who knows

I doubt this one being a fake, especially with the facial expressions being different on both sides of the artwork.

• Like 5

I know! We all have high expectations for this band so when something doesn’t fulfill what we were hoping for it can be easy to whinge about that. I think we should all not judge books by its covers for now and wait till we hear the album in it’s entirety before making judgements

I agree with both of you... We are so lucky to be living in this lifetime with Coldplay around... I trust the ideas of the band 100%. I am ready to take in whatever they come up with! It;s a great time to be alive ! :) :)

• Like 4