✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

As someone who has the original video, they have edited it in such a way to not include the track name. It is not monkey's paw and I can't disclose the actual name of the song he confirmed. This video is supposed to be private lol

They must have mentioned one of the track names that showed up from the website code someone dug up some days ago. "Daddy" "Orphans" "Everyday Life" or "Trouble in Town"

What would be hilarious is if Chris had actually reacted like that to "Monkeys Paw" just to troll us himself lol. But seems like he isn't up to date with the supposed leaks we've been getting, judging by his reaction to whatever name they said.

• Like 4

Everyone, Jimmy Dushku just reacted on IG "it's true".

I dont know what to believe.

I dont believe the video was edited.

If you scroll a bit down to more answers, Jimmy himself said this:

...This video was a joke btw. I hope everyone knows that there is unfortunately no Monkey’s Paw.
  • Like 1

Hey guys! As we are getting closer to the album, I figured this thread is going to get messier and messier as we learn more and more about it.

One side of speculation that's often big is THE SETLIST. We don't even know how or even if they're going to tour the album, but this is likely to be a topic of discussion so I decided to create a dedicated thread over here : https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/everyday-life-tour-setlist-speculation.125448/

Please use that thread for all speculation regarding any EL era setlist. Of course we don't know the EL tracklist yet but speculation on what they will keep or drop from their usual setlist may start soon so at least we have a thread for that :)

• Like 3

I for one quite like the rumoured title of Everyday Life. The sunrise and sunset are part of every day, yet are so beautiful. In the same way that much of Coldplay is about finding happiness in darkness, I feel like this album could be finding beauty in the boring and mundane. If I had to guess about a style, I bet it'll be a bit like Elbow's music, which often takes sort of boring sounding stuff and elevating it in a slightly old-timey orchestral/art rock way but with a particular English melancholy but with a bit of uplift anyways. Speaking of everyday:

• Like 4

Been coming onto this forum for 15 years, and with leading up to each and every release I've come on here to check out the speculation and rumors surrounding the latest album drop AND IT'S NO DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND BABY! I all of a sudden feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. Judging by the aesthetic/style of the poster, teaser video, and typed note I'm HOPING it has a bit of an old world feel to it perhaps mixed in with some electronic edginess to it. Who honestly really knows but either way I'm so excited! Love the album names as well. Off to a promising start. Here's hoping a single is released this week. HAPPY COLDPLAYING MY BEAUTIFUL COLDPLAYERS! <3 LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!

• Like 14

They say in the letter that this is how they've been feeling. I could see an album with song titles like Daddy and Orphans having a political undertone, the same way Birds was a beautiful song about lovers in Israel and Palestine.

Absolutely. I’m psyched for what seems like a political undertone album-wide. They’ve slightly addressed this on occasion, but now it seems to be their *theme*. I love it.

But seems like he isn't up to date with the supposed leaks we've been getting, judging by his reaction to whatever name they said.

He couldn't be completely up to date with all the leaks two days ago when the video was made.

Whatever the name of the song somebody mentioned was, it seemed to be a real name. But Chris was not offended or angry about the leak, which means we'll soon have the setlist or at least the names of one or the other songs.

• Like 1

When the Tidal thing start?

10 mins

He couldn't be completely up to date with all the leaks two days ago when the video was made.

Whatever the name of the song somebody mentioned was, it seemed to be a real name. But Chris was not offended or angry about the leak, which means we'll soon have the setlist or at least the names of one or the other songs.

He definitely wasnt happy though. he seemed a little disappointed. How would you feel if something you worked on for 4 years got leaked by some clown on social media? He's obviously not gonna come out and say that especially at a charity event, but again i ask, how would you feel? Hes only human and supposedly we're his fans, so how is that a way to treat your idols? Basically taunting him to his face about how he knows the name already,

• Like 5

Anyone able to watch the Tidal event? Coldplay haven't officially been confirmed, right? We're just assuming they might be the "special guest" or whatever?

If you're desperate, you can sign up for a free trial and stream the event. Yes, only speculation so far they might be a special guest.

If you sign up, do remember to turn off auto-pay/subscribe so you dont get dinged for the next month.

edit, see two posts down

• Like 1

Fairly certain the band won't perform. Guy posted on Instagram from Amsterdam today and I feel like if you've got one of the biggest bands in the world lined up for a good cause, you'd advertise it. I'll stay tuned for the Star Wars trailer instead.

My two cents. Everyday Life sounds find to me, love that it's a double album and hope it's a long one closer to Arcade Fire's Reflektor , which is over 80 minutes long, vs. just a 50 minute album composed of two short ones.

I think its obvious that "Sunset" will be the darker album, perhaps referring to climate change, inequity, poverty, war, sadness, hopelessness etc while "Sunset" will be a more upbeat, colorful, optimistic record about hope and togetherness. Life Is Beautiful literally has a "old song on the radio" and a "new song on the radio" so maybe it will be in that vein. i'll be really curious to see how cohesive the two albums sound. Like will one be rock and the next pop? Will they both have middle-eastern/worldly influences? Truly we're in for a heck of an era!!!

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Got a tip from reddit: on top of having some youtube videos go black and white, the thumbnails also have the sun and moon emoji as well. I cant verify if that was new, this is the first time i noticed it or took a closer look.

[MEDIA=reddit]Coldplay/comments/dl9upq[/MEDIA]

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/dl9upq/the_thumbnail_for_yellow_has_been_updated_with/

• Like 5