✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So Chris just told Qmusic Belgium that they will probably tour in about 18 months or two years!

https://qmusic.be/nieuws/chris-martin-verklapt-aan-maarten-dorothee-over-anderhalf-jaar-kom-ik-naar-belgie

Exacrly like Dave Holmes said in the interview at the end of the AHFOD Tour. The boys really have planned all of this far ahead !

• Like 7

Silly question but does anyone recall where the big Coldplay mural and room where you can listen to the album is? I vaguely thought it was shoreditch but now can’t find info online.

The mural was/maybe still is in Shoreditch but the room was in Soho, Greek St. Only was there for 2 days though !

• Like 1

Well, the interviewer, Jann Wenner, is the founder of Rolling Stone magazine.

First issue of the magazine was in the late 1960s. So, apparently he's from the generation where artists released two albums per year.

Boomer needs to keep up with the times and realize "productive" artists who release music that much (or even once a year) are often manufactured pop artists that make garbage.

Wasn't COTW supposed to get a video? I swear I heard something about it

I could have sworn I heard something about every single song getting a video or something.....

So Chris just told Qmusic Belgium that they will probably tour in about 18 months or two years!

https://qmusic.be/nieuws/chris-martin-verklapt-aan-maarten-dorothee-over-anderhalf-jaar-kom-ik-naar-belgie

Which means another album in a year or so????? grin.gif.d3bb2f75637a8ca439fa590b149891d7.gif

Also "privacy" settings..... LMAO

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Almost two months on, I have to say I haven't been replaying EL very much. Which is funny, because I think it's a much stronger album than AHFOD - but AHFOD i've played a million times over.

I think that says something about the album's structure and tone. It's def not the upbeat explosive sounds you want to listen to over and over and over. This one just needs more time and lots of time to sit and absorb, which I love about it but who has time nowadays ;)

• Like 3

Almost two months on, I have to say I haven't been replaying EL very much. Which is funny, because I think it's a much stronger album than AHFOD - but AHFOD i've played a million times over.

I think that says something about the album's structure and tone. It's def not the upbeat explosive sounds you want to listen to over and over and over. This one just needs more time and lots of time to sit and absorb, which I love about it but who has time nowadays ;)

but we need The Race on it instead of Orphans

Musically, I think this might be their strongest album since Viva la Vida. There aren't many artists who can pull off this kind of variety in musical styles the way that Coldplay do.

I was very surprised about some of the songs, for example I really wasn't expecting a gospel song. It's something I wouldn't normally listen to but I actually really like that about this album.

I also like the topics that they've covered and the messages in the songs.

Overall, it's refreshing and inspiring, and it really shows off how talented they are.

My personal favourites are Champion of the world, Broken, Guns and Trouble in Town.

• Like 9

I've been really liking Cry Cry Cry. Usually I agree with the general opinion of what their weaker songs are (especially for the newer songs), so I'm honestly surprised I like it so much. It's just a very calming but interesting song in my opinion.

• Like 7

Still playing this album a lot, especially Trouble in Town, Arabesque, COTW and Everyday Life.

But sadly I have to say that Champion of the World, which I loved so much in the beginning, has begun to feel a little stale for me. i don't know why. Same with Flags :(

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1

Still playing this album a lot, especially Trouble in Town, Arabesque, COTW and Everyday Life.

But sadly I have to say that Champion of the World, which I loved so much in the beginning, has begun to feel a little stale for me. i don't know why. Same with Flags :(

With me it's the opposite. I love Flags and Champion of the World more and more.

• Like 5

I wish it was like that for me, loved them so much at first...I don't know what happened

Don't worry. I also have songs, not only Coldplay songs, which I first liked and then disliked and then liked again. It just happens. Just stop listening to those songs for a while. I think whether you like a Coldplay song often depends on the mood you are in. And if you permanently lose Interest in a song, well, stick to the songs you adore.

• Like 7

Don't worry. I also have songs, not only Coldplay songs, which I first liked and then disliked and then liked again. It just happens. Just stop listening to those songs for a while. I think whether you like a Coldplay song often depends on the mood you are in. And if you permanently lose Interest in a song, well, stick to the songs you adore.

Thanks. I don't dislike them by any means, it's just that I don't feel as strongly about them anymore as I used to. At the moment they just don't manage to hold my attention anymore throughout the song.

• Like 1