✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I got a question. Is this first single gonna be Audio/Lyric Video for YouTube? Or a Music Video?

I got a question. Is this first single gonna be Audio/Lyric Video for YouTube? Or a Music Video?

well the music video being recording in malibu a few days ago was reportedly the song “one way train” that’s supposedly on their new album, but I don’t think that it would be the first thing released considering it was only a few days ago, so only time will tell on this one

• Like 1

So does Fool's Gold = A Fool's Errand?

Or are Coldplay about to break with their tradition of naming an album after one of its tracks?

Ah, speculation. My favorite part of the album release cycle!

EDIT: Looks like Reddit dug up some more photos

Ghost Stories didn’t have a title track (EP doesn’t count!!)

Idk I kinda believe the dude now. I dig the tracklist and fools gold is growing on me...

He also said on the discord that the hidden track is in the 7 min daft punk song and is called Declaration of Nations.

I’m just happy we’ve got so much activity haha I can’t wait for the new album

• Like 8

I was skeptical up until now, trying not to get my hopes up only to be disappointed. But the photos prove it... Coldplay are back!

I still feel like the album won't release until next year, though, the rumours of it coming out in the next few weeks seem too good to be true (though I'd love to be wrong!) And if it's true that the album is radio-unfriendly with weird time signatures, what a breath of fresh air that would be after AHFOD. I'm hoping for something in the style of King Crimson's Discipline album..... there I go getting my hopes up!

• Like 6

This may be a bit off topic, but what kind of music do you think will be on here? If it's there most experimental, could we expect something kind of like Dream Theater (obviously not that complex, almost nobody can play, or even more write like them) in terms of having solos or guitar riffs that are a bit more complex? Or maybe a Guy/Will solo?

I'm just wondering, because one of my friends hates Coldplay, they're more into the electronic and Rock fusion/Progressive rock kind of thing.

If Coldplay makes a song with a prog. rock sound, I'd love it as well!

Well I hope the experimental tracks are going towards what they did with A L I E N S or something like that. But for the single who knows, If it's going to the radio it cant be too crazy/weird. Just think that the single wont be much of a clue as to what else awaits. Then again remember seeing the artwork for AHFOD and thinking it be a bit psychedelic and it was anything but haha. Who is this person claiming to know so much about the new album?

• Like 3

The amount of info coming in is wackyyy!

Gotta say that at first glance the supposed tracklisting seemed like fan fiction -- and maybe it is -- but boy I love Daft Punk and all of these song titles definitely seem like they'll sound alternative, maybe prog-rocky as some suggest (X&Y was influenced by prog and I felt like Kaleidoscope EP had proggy flavors too). I also get the feeling that if these titles are true, it could be a "political" album.

Question: Who's saying that the beach video shoot was One Way Train? Because at this point if any of these "leaked" titles are confirmed then I'll start actually believing it.

• Like 3

It's great to see this forum so active! I remember when Coldplay were filming in India to start off the AHFOD hype, a couple of weeks later they played Amazing Day at the Global Citizen festival. Although HFTW was their second single and was released almost five months after being filmed! Maybe they've already shot a music video for the first single? I hope something does drop out of nowhere soon, maybe even today. I expect their Facebook profile picture to change soon, that always seems to be the first "official confirmation" something is going to drop.

• Like 7

I'm really waiting for their website to change... And their profile pictures...

My thoughts on the discord guy:

Nobody believed him at first, but after some morr rumours and photo's we started believing him and he was right...

Now he gives us a tracklist and album name and nobody believes him again... But what if the first single being dropped really is called after one of these tracks?

It's hard to believe someone on discord who says has "sources", but he's proven us wrong before.

• Like 6

I'm really waiting for their website to change... And their profile pictures...

My thoughts on the discord guy:

Nobody believed him at first, but after some morr rumours and photo's we started believing him and he was right...

Now he gives us a tracklist and album name and nobody believes him again... But what if the first single being dropped really is called after one of these tracks?

It's hard to believe someone on discord who says has "sources", but he's proven us wrong before.

Same I keep checking their profiles and that too

I guess the album will sound X&Y/Vivaish but i definitely get a sense of ghost stories minus the depression. These tracklist names if they are real sound so incredible, I am especially interested in metamorphosis if it’s anything like midnight and the daft punk one with the hidden track.

Looking forward to seeing artwork and new looks

• Like 5

FYI GREG JAMES would not be posting this if he didn't know about new music coming soon. Tomorrow or next friday likely. Harry Styles also returns tomorrow.

Greg James is the man Coldplay wrote a song for, for his breakfast show.

That confirms new things are coming very soon!!!! =D

• Like 3

Kirboh said their tracklist they gave isn’t in the order it will be on the final version of Fools Gold.

They have so many people convinced (I’m even starting to believe) but they have shown no evidence. They didn’t predict the music video, in fact they were surprised to learn about the Malibu MV.

Either it’s all 100% true or the guy is a grade-A liar

• Like 4

Kirboh said their tracklist they gave isn’t in the order it will be on the final version of Fools Gold.

They have so many people convinced (I’m even starting to believe) but they have shown no evidence. They didn’t predict the music video, in fact they were surprised to learn about the Malibu MV.

Either it’s all 100% true or the guy is a grade-A liar

Yeah not sure if I buy it but it's still very exciting. The false rumors are always a part of the process! At the very least we know for sure they shot a music video a few days ago and Greg James cryptic tweet also confirms something is coming very soon.

If they are to play the Tidal event in 10 days, would we most likely see a release before then? Possibly next Friday the 18th?

• Like 4