✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So another fandom im a part of is Super Smash Bros. There was a very real sounding leak known infamously now as the Grinch Leak. Give the link a read for details, but damn, this guy made all the images himself, found someone on LinkedIn, made a backstory with him, nearly got the guy fired from his professional game production company because of how high quality it was. It fooled EVERYONE. In the end, it was fake. People really have nothing better to do than to troll others. Don't just buy an anonymous tip because it makes you feel good and it sounds like it could be real. Why spend time just to troll people? Because they can, and they will. The more people falling for it, the more they're gonna continue to do it.

That being said, while I never bought that discord thing for a second, the fact that we have photos and Greg James tweeting does bode very well. For me, im happy enough with that as confirmation, and any other rumour, speculation, leak is just noise at that point. It'd be especially easy to throw fake news out there now that we kinda do know from photos and Greg that something is happening. I mean, the hardest leak to leak is the first one. But then you have all these 'insiders' come out of nowhere. If they were so connected, why didnt they leak it BEFORE the phots and shit came out?

I made that connection too! This is all seeming VERY similiar to the Grinch leak to me, and that "leak" was even higher-quality and had even more "proof". It got me super pumped up leading up to the release of SSB Ultimate, and I guess it's part of the reason I'm skeptical of this "leaked" tracklist now.

I made that connection too! This is all seeming VERY similiar to the Grinch leak to me, and that "leak" was even higher-quality and had even more "proof". It got me super pumped up leading up to the release of SSB Ultimate, and I guess it's part of the reason I'm skeptical of this "leaked" tracklist now.

Yo lets play online!

But yeah, I think we're seriously underestimating how much free time some people on the internet have to mess with us for the sake of it :laughing:

• Like 1

I don't go on here for a few days and...wow..:) it's hard to keep everything straight. Exciting to see the music video pictures-honestly I wasn't 100% sure they're ever do anything again until I saw them. Also so many rumors! I was so excited when I saw the thing about Guy having a bigger role I didn't even notice the "no tour" rumor right below rip...so those could still be true and it's the song titles that someone made up?

Back to attempting to study for my two midterms next week (this isn't going to help)

• Like 4

So another fandom im a part of is Super Smash Bros. There was a very real sounding leak known infamously now as the Grinch Leak. Give the link a read for details, but damn, this guy made all the images himself, found someone on LinkedIn, made a backstory with him, nearly got the guy fired from his professional game production company because of how high quality it was. It fooled EVERYONE. In the end, it was fake. People really have nothing better to do than to troll others. Don't just buy an anonymous tip because it makes you feel good and it sounds like it could be real. Why spend time just to troll people? Because they can, and they will. The more people falling for it, the more they're gonna continue to do it.

That being said, while I never bought that discord thing for a second, the fact that we have photos and Greg James tweeting does bode very well. For me, im happy enough with that as confirmation, and any other rumour, speculation, leak is just noise at that point. It'd be especially easy to throw fake news out there now that we kinda do know from photos and Greg that something is happening. I mean, the hardest leak to leak is the first one. But then you have all these 'insiders' come out of nowhere. If they were so connected, why didnt they leak it BEFORE the phots and shit came out?

I imagine this guy laughing at us like Joker, if all this is made up o_O

Where is @Batman when we need her?

• Like 4

I don't go on here for a few days and...wow..:) it's hard to keep everything straight. Exciting to see the music video pictures-honestly I wasn't 100% sure they're ever do anything again until I saw them. Also so many rumors! I was so excited when I saw the thing about Guy having a bigger role I didn't even notice the "no tour" rumor right below rip...so those could still be true and it's the song titles that someone made up?

Back to attempting to study for my two midterms next week (this isn't going to help)

Well the only thing we know for sure is that they are shooting a MV in Malibu. Then there is this promising response to a ColdplayXtra tweet from Greg James, a BBC radio1 show host.

• Like 5

I wonder whether the location of the shooting has got something to do with the content of the song. There are rocks and a beautiful beach. It is probably a happy song

That's what I thought as well. I instantly got 'The Hardest Part' vibes from those pictures (a happy sounding song with a very sad story hehe).

Oh and... Good to be back Coldplay ers! First post in over a year I think

• Like 4

Was just thinking. If there is no tour for this album (like DailyStar and Kirboh rumoured) then maybe it is Los Unidades related and not Coldplay.

It bugs me why Greg James did an upside down smiley instead of just a normal one about Coldplay coming back...maybe because it is Coldplay but just in the form of Los Unidades?

Los Unidades would not sell tour tickets like Coldplay would. Because the music would be different, and they may not even play Coldplay songs hence why it may be appropriate to not go on tour.

It would also explain why songs like Conscious Pilot don’t feature Chris because LU is for all of them to try their own different things but still together.

But they are certainly doing music videos that are 100% to be released within the next 6 months. And I don’t know if they would do music videos for LU.

I was sure this was Coldplay but I am suddenly very conflicted.

^ As far as I could remember, the band didn't shoot music videos for LU tracks so it's quite safe to say that this is all Coldplay stuff. Also, They didn't officially tour Ghost Stories. Yeah, maybe they did perform the album on selected countries/venues but it's not really a full-blown tour.

• Like 1

^ As far as I could remember, the band didn't shoot music videos for LU tracks so it's quite safe to say that this is all Coldplay stuff.

I think you are right.

I have the impression that perhaps for the upcoming album/EP/Single or whatever the three non-Chris members will be more in the foreground with Jonny and Will performing Conscious Pilot on their own and perhaps a guitar solo by Jonny or one by Guy or an acoustic performance without singing etc.

• Like 3

As someone who is also part of the SSBU fandom... I had made that connection as well :laughing: People are bored and will do anything to get others riled up.

At the very least, if the leaker is claiming they are going to start teasing things this week then our waiting is almost over. Either they are telling the truth and a new album is coming much sooner than we all thought, or they are lying and we are still probably getting an album at some point in the next year or so. After a hiatus this long, I'll take either one!

• Like 1

As someone who is also part of the SSBU fandom... I had made that connection as well :laughing: People are bored and will do anything to get others riled up.

At the very least, if the leaker is claiming they are going to start teasing things this week then our waiting is almost over. Either they are telling the truth and a new album is coming much sooner than we all thought, or they are lying and we are still probably getting an album at some point in the next year or so. After a hiatus this long, I'll take either one!

Man, im tempted to make a Smash thread. I didnt expect any in a Coldplay forum of all places. Would be fun to play, maybe have a tourney.

But yeah, I mean, thats how I view it as well. But im already over the moon about Nov 2020 (from an actual, reliable source). I dont view these rumours as anything but potential cherries on top. Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

This also happens with Adele which is also rumored to release new music soon. I tried with other bands and singers but Adele and Coldplay are the only one to have this mysterious item...

Good catch this one. It also appears to happen with Arcade Fire, and the band is to reissue their Tunnels 7" single for RSD in late November. https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=arcade+fire&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

We may be onto something.

• Like 1

I think even if teasers don't begin next week it doesn't completely disprove everything Kirboh, "the leaker", said (I still doubt them).

So many things can happen that can affect a marketing teams decision on when to post teasers etc.

If Kirboh is legit, and teasers don't happen next week, it could very simply be because the marketing team decided it was better to do it later (e.g. competing artists start posting teasers for something etc.).

• Like 4

Good catch this one. It also appears to happen with Arcade Fire, and the band is to reissue their Tunnels 7" single for RSD in late November. https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=arcade+fire&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

We may be onto something.

Not sure if this actually means anything though. I just searched a couple different artists and the same thing popped up. So idk, but it's definitely interesting though.

• Like 1