✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

This also happens with Adele which is also rumored to release new music soon. I tried with other bands and singers but Adele and Coldplay are the only one to have this mysterious item...

Good catch this one. It also appears to happen with Arcade Fire, and the band is to reissue their Tunnels 7" single for RSD in late November. https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=arcade+fire&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

We may be onto something.

• Like 1

I think even if teasers don't begin next week it doesn't completely disprove everything Kirboh, "the leaker", said (I still doubt them).

So many things can happen that can affect a marketing teams decision on when to post teasers etc.

If Kirboh is legit, and teasers don't happen next week, it could very simply be because the marketing team decided it was better to do it later (e.g. competing artists start posting teasers for something etc.).

• Like 4

Good catch this one. It also appears to happen with Arcade Fire, and the band is to reissue their Tunnels 7" single for RSD in late November. https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=arcade+fire&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

We may be onto something.

Not sure if this actually means anything though. I just searched a couple different artists and the same thing popped up. So idk, but it's definitely interesting though.

• Like 1

Kirboh is back on the discord server and is claiming there is "a good chance" that the teasers start on Columbus Day (Monday).

Edit:

On another note...who remembers when this teaser came out?

I remember it as if it were yesterday. When the teaser came out, I immediately thought we were getting some heavier Coldplay stuff. The guitar part reminded me of Guns 'n Roses' Sweet Child of Mine and I fully expected a Coldplay take on that. Then the full song came and Jonny was playing this funky Get Lucky/Nile Rodgers-esque riff during the verses and I was amazed how wrong I was. Fun fact: I had a buddy of mine rip the audio from that teaser so I could use it as my ringtone, and it still is my ringtone today.

I highly doubt that we will get new Coldplay single this week as on the 18th October the new single form Adele is coming.

Wait, that's not confirmed yet, is it? As far as I know there are only rumors (quite similar to Coldplay's) about Adele releasing a new album in November and that the first single could come as early as next Friday.

• Like 6

I remember it as if it were yesterday. When the teaser came out, I immediately thought we were getting some heavier Coldplay stuff. The guitar part reminded me of Guns 'n Roses' Sweet Child of Mine and I fully expected a Coldplay take on that. Then the full song came and Jonny was playing this funky Get Lucky/Nile Rodgers-esque riff during the verses and I was amazed how wrong I was. Fun fact: I had a buddy of mine rip the audio from that teaser so I could use it as my ringtone, and it still is my ringtone today.

Wait, that's not confirmed yet, is it? As far as I know there are only rumors (quite similar to Coldplay's) about Adele releasing a new album in November and that the first single could come as early as next Friday.

Adele fans are in the same spiral as we are... Just hoping to get some teasers next week...

We also spoke in the Discord about possible teasing times monday... All AHFOD teasers came out between 4pm and 4:30pm London time. So if we don't have anything around that time, we might want to put our faith in the next week or some other day...

(And in a different discord "leaker") :confused:

• Like 5

So if what Kirboh is saying is true and teasing starts on Monday, it fits with how AHFOD was advertised:

Week of Nov 2nd 2015:

Monday 4:00PM BST - AHFOD Teaser #1

Tuesday 4:30PM BST - AHFOD Teaser #2

Wednesday 4:30PM BST - AOAL Teaser #1

Friday Morning - AOAL Single Release & Tracklist Details Revealed

So if Kirboh is saying teasing starts Monday (Colombus Day)...it's not totally unbelievable.

But then somebody also said a new Adele single comes out Friday 18th. That would be tough for Coldplay.

But...Parlophone was surely aware Adele was releasing her Album '25' and it would compete against AHFOD. If they were really concerned about competing against her, they would have released AHFOD later.

So I don't think it'll matter too much if Adele releases a single the same day.

• Like 8

So if what Kirboh is saying is true and teasing starts on Monday, it fits with how AHFOD was advertised:

Week of Nov 2nd 2015:

Monday 4:00PM BST - AHFOD Teaser #1

Tuesday 4:30PM BST - AHFOD Teaser #2

Wednesday 4:30PM BST - AOAL Teaser #1

Friday Morning - AOAL Single Release & Tracklist Details Revealed

So if Kirboh is saying teasing starts Monday (Colombus Day)...it's not totally unbelievable.

But then somebody also said a new Adele single comes out Friday 18th. That would be tough for Coldplay.

But...Parlophone was surely aware Adele was releasing her Album '25' and it would compete against AHFOD. If they were really concerned about competing against her, they would have released AHFOD later.

So I don't think it'll matter too much if Adele releases a single the same day.

Haha we literally typed the same thing at the same moment :joy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

Kirboh is back on the discord server and is claiming there is "a good chance" that the teasers start on Columbus Day (Monday).

Edit:

On another note...who remembers when this teaser came out?

I remember going for a walk and running home to check out the teaser! I have never been so excited in my whole life

• Like 6

I haven't been on here in a LONG time. But I have seen the rumors of LP8 spreading on Twitter and reddit so I decided to come back and join the discussion. Theres some discord screenshots being spread around with a track listing...I want to believe, but it could easily be a troll. That being said, when there's smoke theres (usually) fire. Hopefully its all real, I can't wait for LP8!

• Like 7

I haven't been on here in a LONG time. But I have seen the rumors of LP8 spreading on Twitter and reddit so I decided to come back and join the discussion. Theres some discord screenshots being spread around with a track listing...I want to believe, but it could easily be a troll. That being said, when there's smoke theres (usually) fire. Hopefully its all real, I can't wait for LP8!

Welcome back! we're hoping for some sort of teaser tomorrow but don't hold your breath. Could also come anytime this week so who knows...

• Like 2

I find these times very strange, you know something's coming but have absolutely no idea how it will sound and look (as in album art). And with just the click of a button by someone (or even a computer) somewhere in the world, all that wondering is shattered by the release of a teaser or a single. And if it's eventually there, you can't really remember how hard you were wondering/thinking/dreaming about this. It's just there now.

I hope I'm not the only one with this feeling.

• Like 14

I find it strange that a lot of people are saying the stuff Kirboh is saying is "too specific to be fake". I could make up my own tracklist with timings, album name, release strategy, etc.... with no evidence or basis in fact at all! I'd love to be wrong but I fear a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

I find these times very strange, you know something's coming but have absolutely no idea how it will sound and look (as in album art). And with just the click of a button by someone (or even a computer) somewhere in the world, all that wondering is shattered by the release of a teaser or a single. And if it's eventually there, you can't really remember how hard you were wondering/thinking/dreaming about this. It's just there now.

I hope I'm not the only one with this feeling.

hahah. Thats a very woke way to think about this stuff. But I agree with you completely -- it really is beautiful. Today, the album can be pop, rock, alternative, progressive, acoustic, electronic, oldplay, newplay or whatever you want it to be; but when the first stuff drops, its all decided -- that is it.

That's why I guess, frustrating as they are, I like these pre-release times a lot! :D

• Like 6

I find it strange that a lot of people are saying the stuff Kirboh is saying is "too specific to be fake". I could make up my own tracklist with timings, album name, release strategy, etc.... with no evidence or basis in fact at all! I'd love to be wrong but I fear a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Yeah. You are right... :( I had the exact same feeling this morning -- looked over the tracklist again and was like -- man this is cool! But then the immediate thought was that some stuff is just a little too convenient: dunno how to explain it, but Metamorphosis specially seems like the kind of name everyone will immediately put down on their dream album. :/ hope i'm wrong.

• Like 4