A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, but at the Kansas City concert last night Chris announced that they were currently in the process of recording a live album that they plan to release in November.

He mentioned it because he told us they wanted to use the KC version of Us Against the World on it :p

Anyway--has there been any news of this yet? Am I late to the party or is this as much news to the rest of you as it was to me?

IsabelStreetz

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is news to me, even though I saw it first on Instagram and Reddit first yesterday.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It was kinda expected so, in a sense it isn't news. But this was the first time someone directly related to the band actually said it.

Probably means the concert DVD/BluRay along with it :D

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
Oh that's great news! Let's hope they release all the rarer c-stage songs as bonus/extras :D

OdysseasTS

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Chris also mentioned it in one of the Paris dates that they were filming again all the 3 concerts for a dvd

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
There've been rumours of a live album for quite a while especially since this album is so driven by its liver performances. But this is probably the first "official" news we've heard of it!

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
Unless someone comes up with another title for it, it's basically Live 2017 obviously. :p
I know exactly what you mean! Hahaha but I have a feeling it might not be as the tour did heavily run through 2016 as well. I know (most likely) none of the concerts from 2016 were recorded for anything but it might just be A Head Full Of Dreams Tour Live or something like that. They might even come up with an actual name for it! But yes, you're right. More than likely Live 2017 :p

Thaarmin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
What do you guys think the album art will look like? (Assuming its gonna be called Live 2017)

1) The flower of life but with live 2017 in the middle (like Live from Spotify)

2) A whole new Kaleidoscope with Live 2017 at the top left (like everglow single version)

3) A fusion of both 1 and 2 (like the Kaleidoscope EP album art)

Sent from my SM-J111F using Coldplaying mobile app

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Maybe it'll be similar to the 'scopes' R42 took for the Boston show? Or a live shot of the stage but Kaleidoscoped!

ARushOfDreamsToMyHead

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Maybe it'll be a shot of the stage being colorful with the fireworks and variety of colors going off while it's scoped.

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
I'm a big fan of the Live from Spotify cover, so I hope it will be something close to that. It has a similar feel to the artwork of Coldplay's earlier albums (i.e. a plain color background with a single image in the middle)

The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
Coldplayer
Personally I'm hoping it would be something like the front of the tour book- I always thought it would make a good album or EP cover.

The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
Coldplayer
I'm also hoping that the album is a double-disc so they can include the whole show and not cut out songs like they did for Live 2012.

Xyloband_99

Graphic Designer
Coldplayer
I think the cover art won't be a real picture. Because Coldplay never used real pictures in their cover arts (at least not so realistic like Parachutes or Safety EP)

Magic_2000

My heart beats at the beat of the drum
Coldplayer
I'm also hoping that the album is a double-disc so they can include the whole show and not cut out songs like they did for Live 2012.
That would be really appreciated, altough since it will probably be a CD+DVD combo they won't add another CD.