โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐ŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music ๐ŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Not necessarily, we got Higher Power around 6 months before the MOTS release. It's possible they'll release a single to coincide with the tour dates in Jan/Feb.ย 

March/April/May is more likely as they have a gap in the diary, probably to do promo etc.ย 

I reckon we'll see the first single in March. Saw some rumours saying the album has been pushed back to September, so we could be waiting a while!

To push the album back to September, touring all summer with some of the new songs (which by the way, is it too naive to expect the new songs live right now? Probably it is...) wouldnยดt make any sense, with only the Oceania concerts taking place with the album published...ย 

Well hi !!ย 
in my opinion, maybe Iโ€™m wrong but, we could see or hear something new this new leg jan-feb. Chris actually said that theyโ€™re gonna start playing new song/songs with with some new stuff that their adding to the show in terms of visuals screens lights and all of that.ย 
Iโ€™m thinking, new stuff or hints in the start of this leg, and a single in February. Then the gap with no shows (feb-jun) would leave them free to do promoย 

Edited by amazingnico

On 1/11/2024 at 4:21 AM, amazingnico said:

Well hi !!ย 
in my opinion, maybe Iโ€™m wrong but, we could see or hear something new this new leg jan-feb. Chris actually said that theyโ€™re gonna start playing new song/songs with with some new stuff that their adding to the show in terms of visuals screens lights and all of that.ย 
Iโ€™m thinking, new stuff or hints in the start of this leg, and a single in February. Then the gap with no shows (feb-jun) would leave them free to do promoย 

Letยดs hope youยดre right! Weยดll find out real soon...

• Like 1

Yesterday in Manila: are there any changes? For sure no new songs at all...

1. Higher Power

2. Adventure of a lifetime

3. Paradise

4. the Scientist

5. Viva la Vida

6. Hymn for the weekend

7. Everglow

8. Charlie Brown

9. Yellow

10. Human Heart

11. People of the Pride

12. Clocks

13. Infinity Sign

14. Something Just like this

15. Midnight

16. My Universe

17. A sky full of stars

18. Sparks

19. Raining in Manila

20. Fix You

21. Biutyful

4 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I assume Raining in Manila is one of those songs they write for shows in different places?

It seems to be a 2023ยดs song by Lola Amour, whoever she is, that Coldplay covered with her last night.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:36 AM, edupoint said:

It seems to be a 2023ยดs song by Lola Amour, whoever she is, that Coldplay covered with her last night.

Lola Amour is a very well known Filipino rock band. They performed on the first night. The band Dilaw (which actually translates to Yellow) sang on the second night.ย 

Seems like they keep delaying Moon Music. Weren't there rumours about it being released in September now? For me it doesn't look like they are finishing with it, because they keep writing and recording new songs forever.ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย I think at best we can expect a single in May maybe, not the album.

2 hours ago, CP-EST said:

Seems like they keep delaying Moon Music. Weren't there rumours about it being released in September now? For me it doesn't look like they are finishing with it, because they keep writing and recording new songs forever.ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย I think at best we can expect a single in May maybe, not the album.

I donยดt think it makes any sense to put out the album in September... Are they gonna tour with it again on 2025?

I don't think a short build-up before release is out of the question. If we look back, the announcements for Music of the Spheres and A Head Full of Dreams were made well in advance, but Everyday Life and Ghost Stories both had about a month between announcement and release.

- Ghost Stories had midnight release in februari, without any album reveal. This was followed by magic in april. Ghost Stories released in May.

- Everyday Life got announced in October, released November.

I think we all agree that when something gots delayed it becomes better. If we look at AHFOD it feels so uncomplete and rushed after Ghost Stories. But Kaleidoscope EP is very well written and produced. It's delayed once if i remember correct.

Edited by Xyloband_99
  • Like 1

Yes and no, I generally agree though. I prefer the band takes its time on putting something out but I'm having a hard time guessing whether Moon Music will be more of a Ghost Stories/Everyday Life release or if they have some big singles they want to advertise before September. If Nile Rodgers is on board then maybe they'll have some disco song for the summer to drop in May before they start the June European leg.ย 

I'd definitely prefer they drop the album as a whole with maybe one short tease, espescially if it's much more of an ALBUM vs. the mish mash playlist that is MOTS. I felt the reception for MOTS was a bit mixed partially because the singles painted a picture of a journey between Higher Power and Coloratura that ended up not really materializing in the final product. As a fan it really screwed up my expectations.ย 

However idk if waiting longer means better. The band delayed X&Y and was not satisfied with the outcome, though I personally love that album I can understand how maybe it's a bit overlong and could have used a few lyrical adjustments. I love Everyday Life and some of those songs sounded like they came together really fast versus having tons of iterations. Sometimes the first take and its rawness is all you need. Good point on Kaleidoscope EP which does have some really good production compared to some of the tracks on AHFOD, but that might have to do with having Stargate on production. I'm hoping Max Martin takes a more backseat role on this next one, he was great in producing tracks like Orphans and Higher Power but I think the band is always better when it collaborate and tries something more ambitious than just pop rock.ย 

I donยดt share the thought of that delaying and working more and more in an album makes it necessarily better. Sometimes the songs or the lyrics, or both, need I little more work (and with six more weeks it can be developed and improved), but sometimes theyยดre just not good enough. And also, usually more time spent means walking in circles around different versions and, often, overproducing songs, which is what, in my opinion, Coldplay should run away from right now.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, edupoint said:

I donยดt think it makes any sense to put out the album in September... Are they gonna tour with it again on 2025?

At this point I'm thinking it's very possible the tour goes into 2025, whether the album is released in May or September.

I hope it's released in May of course, like Chris said on the ColdplayXtra fan meetup, but with the new ideas still being recorded and written I somehow get the feeling of further delay. Initially Chris had said they would play some new material on 2023 US dates, but that didn't happen and somehow fans even thought the album is released at the beginning of 2023 - that's a long time ago now. So that's why I'm quite pessimistic and don't trust what Chris says in interviews.ย ๐Ÿ˜†

On 1/22/2024 at 7:16 AM, CP-EST said:

Seems like they keep delaying Moon Music. Weren't there rumours about it being released in September now?

It's not a rumour, Guy told a fan in one of his Applied Art Forms meet ups.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:42 AM, edupoint said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

And I remember when we were predicting the album would be coming out in 2022 or early 2023...ย ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Everything that is not officially confirmed is a rumour. Now we know that we can't trust Chris, but Guy is innocent until proven quilty.ย ๐Ÿ˜†

13 minutes ago, amazingnico said:

The new song they played at soundcheck today WOW itโ€™s amazingย 

For sure we can say it is something new, whether it's an idea still in development or an actual finished new song ready to be released and played, when the time is right. Nevertheless it's making me excited for Moon Music. It sounds really epic and beautiful, with great long instrumentals. Some hints of Death and All His Friends and the heaviness of Politik in the end. Seems like it's a full band song, where they all go all in on their instruments, which I absolutely love. Jonny is absolutely shredding it beautifully and Will is smashing!

Iยดm trying to find in on Youtube, where can I hear it?

51 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

For sure we can say it is something new, whether it's an idea still in development or an actual finished new song ready to be released and played, when the time is right. Nevertheless it's making me excited for Moon Music. It sounds really epic and beautiful, with great long instrumentals. Some hints of Death and All His Friends and the heaviness of Politik in the end. Seems like it's a full band song, where they all go all in on their instruments, which I absolutely love. Jonny is absolutely shredding it beautifully and Will is smashing!

ย