'40"

theorgman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Dear good people, "42" could be a "heads-up" to one of Coldplay's alleged greatest influences-U2. U2 recorded a song titled "40" for their third studio album, titled "War". "40" alluded to the psalms and contained pieces of it. The song was of longing and desperation, and simply not measuring up. By the way, Moses and those who went on the Exodus spent 40 years in the wilderness. Refer to the Book of Exodus in the Bible, if your heart so desires.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
Interesting observations. Although Coldplay has already said 42 was a shout-out to the song 40, I never thought of the whole Moses thing.

Welcome to the forum by the way!:cool:

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Yeah, Chris already said that ever truly great band needs a song title that's a number and that it was a shout-out to u2's 40. In turn, 40 is a very common number in the old testament although U2 titled that song "40", because the first verse comes from psalm 40...and the moses comment isn't a particularly profound coincidence.

alexman331

Open Up Your Eyes...
Coldplayer
Actually, 42 reminds ME of the B-Side to the Beatle's Album Abbey Road... The way songs transition into each other... But that's j ust me