Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is Ghost Stories About Nutella?

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
So I was just listening to Ghost Stories, waiting to take a break from work so I could go get something to eat then I heard "So my mouth waters to be fed. You're always in my mind." That's when it clicked, Ghost Stories is not about a break up, it's not about realizing how lucky you are to have the people you love around you, bla bla bla, etc... Ghost Stories is about food, it's about the delicious hazelnut spread Nutella.
That's when I tweeted this brilliant epiphany and all my twitter friends agreed.
As I kept listening to the record, it became obvious that this is about Nutella (or any of your favorite food).

--"I think of you, I haven't slept.
My mouth waters to be fed. You're always in my head" Im always thinking about Nutella. Once you have some Nutella, you will not stop thinking about it. Yes it's that delicious.

--"call it magic when I'm with you" is there anything more magical than being with a spoonful of Nutella? No? Yep that's what I thought. It's magic in your mouth.

--"got a tattoo that says Together Through Life. Carved in your name with my pocket knife." A relationship with Nutella is a lifetime relationship. Have you ever met anyone who used to love Nutella? No? Exactly. It's a lifetime love affair. Oh and what do you need to spread Nutella? A knife! This couldn't have been any more clear.

--"All I know is that I love you so, so much that it hurts" Can you love anything other than Nutella this much? Impossible.

--"call it true, call it true love" Nutella is what true love is and it's what true love tastes like.

--"in the darkness before the dawn" This is when you're out of Nutella. I know, it's hard to even think about. This is what darkness is my friends. That awful moment when you're separated from your true love.

--"late night watching tv" Nutella is the perfect snack for tv watching. No debate here.

--"when the world means nothing to me" Feeling sad or depressed? Eat some Nutella. I promise you, you'll feel much much much better. This is scientifically proven.

--"you've got to find yourself alone in this world" Yes you do...with a jar of Nutella!

--"you're such a heavenly view" is there anything more heavenly than the sight of Nutella? It's the most beautiful/amazing/delicious thing in the world.

--"look up to the sky, pray before the dawn" This is for when you're in the darkness and you're praying that you'll have some Nutella very soon. It's a sad moment that we all go through.

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
I actually think this isn't a new evolution in Coldplay's lyrics and subject matter...

'Got to spread it around' from Brothers & Sisters??? Nutella is a what??? A SPREAD!

Ouch

Candy Shop ♥ Sugar ♥ Me
Coldplayer
This is the only explanation of Ghost Stories I will accept. Nothing more.

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
I actually think this isn't a new evolution in Coldplay's lyrics and subject matter...

'Got to spread it around' from Brothers & Sisters??? Nutella is a what??? A SPREAD!
Is the entire Coldplay discography about Nutella? It could explain a lot. We might be onto something.

felinegurl

♡ 5.5.14 ♡
Coldplayer
I should mention that when you play ASFoS backwards at around 2:29 you can just BARELY hear Will sing "We give our lives to Nutella" and a bunch of other satanic-sounding chants about Nutella.......really creepy....I can't really listen to that song anymore.

BeACartoonHeart

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thank you for opening my eyes.

And I could write it down
Or spread it all around
Get lost and then get found
Or swallowed in the sea

My God.

Lodova

Hate is blind.
Coldplayer
Nutella is overrated :angry:
Ghost Stories is about pizza :charming:

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I thought this was common knowledge/obvious. Oh well, carry on

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;Vwf5iRBbilM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwf5iRBbilM[/video]

"Thanks to all of you who have stayed with us through thick and thin...please eat more chocolate and please listen more Coldplay." Clearly, Amsterdam is about the time the boys went to the Netherlands for legal marijuana and got some very aggressive Nutella-related munchies.

The Nutella agenda has been in front of us this whole time! How jarring.

Mackplay

Coldslay
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;Vwf5iRBbilM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwf5iRBbilM[/video]

"Thanks to all of you who have stayed with us through thick and thin...please eat more chocolate and please listen more Coldplay." Clearly, Amsterdam is about the time the boys went to the Netherlands for legal marijuana and got some very aggressive Nutella-related munchies.

The Nutella agenda has been in front of us this whole time! How jarring.
You just blew my mind.

BookLover715

omg i've missed it here
Coldplayer
"all winter we got carried away over all the rooftops; let's get married"

World Nutella Day is February 4th.

in winter

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
THE SENSE

IT MAKES

SO MUCH!

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
omg

wasn't there a new 'Thread of the Month' thing? because this totally has to win!

never going to be able to unlink Ghost Stories from nutella, thanks very much

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I KNEW IT

I knew that it reminded me something. Thank you!!! :awesome: