Proposing A Track Listing For The Combination Of AHFOD and Kaleidoscope EP

Josh F.

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ayyy, friends! Wassup? My name is Josh, and this is gonna be my very first thread.

Today, Kaleidoscope EP got released on Spotify. I listened to it, and it sounded great!

Also today, I asked myself what would happen if Coldplay instead made an even bigger album that combines both A Head Full Of Dreams and Kaleidoscope EP.

This is what I came up with. I split it up into different sections so you can see different "sets" that can be used:

01. A Head Full Of Dreams
02. Miracles (Someone Special) ft. Big Sean
03. Hymn For The Weekend
04. All I Can Think About Is You
05. Everglow (Single Version)

06. Birds
07. Adventure Of A Lifetime
08. Hypnotised (EP Mix)

09. Kaleidoscope
10. Army Of One
11. A L I E N S
12. Fun ft. Tove Lo
13. Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix) ft. The Chainsmokers

14. Amazing Day
15. Miracles (From the motion picture "Unbroken" -- I watched this back in 2014 and... just the feels, man.)
16. Colour Spectrum
17. Up & Up

I actually got so excited when I listened to each track in sequence in my head.
What do you guys think? If you have any other suggestions, reply them here!

BTW Greetings from Vancouver, BC, Canada! I wanna attend the concert this September, but no money. :'(

Last edited:

strawberrytom

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I've been thinking about this since they announced the EP. Now it's been released, I'm kinda unsure.

I'd probably only add in AICTAIY, Aliens and Hypnotised, but I can't decide on a tracklist that works.

1. A Head Full Of Dreams (Wonderful Adventure version)
2. Birds
3. Hymn For The Weekend
4. Aliens
5. Fun
6. Everglow (Probably add rain sounds, like someone here did to the single version)
7. Adventure Of A Lifetime
8. Hypnotised
9. Kaleidoscope
10. All I Can Think About Is You
11. Amazing Day
12. Colour Spectrum
13. Up&Up

This is my current one but I feel like AICTAIY works best as an opener but I can't bare to swap it with AHFOD, and I also feel like the jump from AICTAIY to Amazing Day is a bit weird too but there's nothing I could really put in there other than Army Of One (which I'm not a massive fan of) that would make it better.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
I've been thinking about this since they announced the EP. Now it's been released, I'm kinda unsure.

I'd probably only add in AICTAIY, Aliens and Hypnotised, but I can't decide on a tracklist that works.

1. A Head Full Of Dreams (Wonderful Adventure version)
2. Birds
3. Hymn For The Weekend
4. Aliens
5. Fun
6. Everglow (Probably add rain sounds, like someone here did to the single version)
7. Adventure Of A Lifetime
8. Hypnotised
9. Kaleidoscope
10. All I Can Think About Is You
11. Amazing Day
12. Colour Spectrum
13. Up&Up

This is my current one but I feel like AICTAIY works best as an opener but I can't bare to swap it with AHFOD, and I also feel like the jump from AICTAIY to Amazing Day is a bit weird too but there's nothing I could really put in there other than Army Of One (which I'm not a massive fan of) that would make it better.
Place the Army Of One (Extended Version) between Kaleidoscope and All I Can Think About Is You. Miracles (Someone Special) can be placed between AICTAIY and Amazing Day (as MSS fades out, AD intro fades in) I think this is the ideal placement of AHFOD and Kaleidoscope E.P. tracks.

LambreXMusic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
1. A Head Full of Dreams
2. Birds
3. Hypnotised (EP Mix)
4. Adventure of a Lifetime
5. Army of One
6. Hymn for the Weekend
7. All I Can Think About is You
8. Everglow
9. A L I E N S
10. Kaleidoscope
11. Up&Up (with live style crescendo)

I wanted to keep the first two tracks cus they are amazing together, then slow it down into Hypnotised, 4,5,6 keep the energy high with a real positive feeling. I would have a small ambient interlude into AICTAIY to flow the songs better. Everglow starts to turn the album a little sadder, then the abruptness of A L I E N S brings home a real hard hitting message that whilst life might be wonderful for us, we aren't all so lucky. Kaleidoscope is perfect next because it has The Guest House and Barack Obama singing, two real hopeful things, before the hymnal Up&Up ending with a live style crescendo.

Hope You Like It :)