The Positive ETIAW Thread

Technicolor Sparks

shake it out
Coldplayer
Because there are some of us out there who actually like it, and would like to have a positive discussion about the song.

Prospekt.

somewheretheyfoxtrotmadly
Coldplayer
Yah.

It is sooo good.

Lyrics are amazing.

I love the new pop style.

And they're outfits are so cool.

Coldplay are getting better with each album.

<3

MasoKnight

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer
I gave it a 5 or 6 earlier. But here's pretty much the best thing I can say about it. My day turned out to be pretty shitty, and listening to the song just now made it miles better. It does have that quality of making you feel good, if you can let go of your pretensions for four minutes and have fun.

Technicolor Sparks

shake it out
Coldplayer
I gave it a 7 this morning and it's really grown on me throughout the day!

I can see why some are disappointed, but I think we need to shift our focus back to the positive aspects rather than focusing on our past expectations.

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Thank you for making this thread :)
im gonna hang out here for a while now. Although I did make some criticism about the song, i still do like it and im listening to it to let it grow on me. I need to read a positive thread to help me focus on the positives :D

Technicolor Sparks

shake it out
Coldplayer
Exactly, this morning I was almost afraid to post that I liked it. :uhoh:

But I feel bad that Debs and whoever else is reading our posts are going to be put down by all the negativity, so we need to show them that there are many of us who are enjoying it!

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Don't be ashamed if you like it.

Honestly I like it less and less everytime I listen to it, so I'll save my positive comments for the rest of the songs. I still think the live version will be fun but that's all I can say about the song :blank:

Blue Room Safety

Tempo Tantrum
Coldplayer
I love the song! I don't care if people hate it, it's a very fun song to listen to and gives me such a happy feeling inside.

TimBou

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
:) This song is so UP it's fantastic. Perhaps it is affecting people in a similar way to one of those annoying guys who walks into the room when you're feeling down and says "Cheer up, it can't be that bad". I know that doesn't always work :)

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
Eeeehmm look at the rating results!

The GREAT majority give ETIAW 7-10 points and this is absolutely ok.

Or better: Look at the start page of coldplaying and this poll: The great majority give ETIAW 10 (!!!) points!

So the thread must be: The negative ETIAW - because its prooved, that the majority really like the song.

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Exactly, this morning I was almost afraid to post that I liked it. :uhoh:

But I feel bad that Debs and whoever else is reading our posts are going to be put down by all the negativity, so we need to show them that there are many of us who are enjoying it!
Well debs already read them :(

Which made me feel like crap! I was criticising the song too :( and I think I sounded like I hated the song which I dnt! I just think its ok song. Its growing on me though. Just that I was focusing on the negatives of the song a lot. And I was scared of the new era. But im going to give it a second chance :D

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
haha that's why I read the username next to the posts, because some people will praise the song even if it's just chris burping (haha just reminded someone said this a few days ago).

The opinions aren't really that positive. Lots of people disliked the song

i'maveryneatMonster.'

Torsades de pointes
Coldplayer
??? Look at the results!

This song is brilliant.
I enjoy every listen to it.

And its not important for me what others say.

If I like a song I like him...
haha yeah, numbers represent awesomeness. Rebecca Black then, must be awesome cos she got almost 160 million views right?

Like so many fans say CP are the biggest cos they got 1 billion fans on FB. BIG LOL.

Imke

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
The results still don't make it a good song.

And if you don't care that much what others say, then why do you keep trying to convert everyone and tell us we're wrong?

Reilly

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
From what I can see even the people who like it, it's like they want to like it, for example this is a thread that focuses on positive elements of the song and the only compliments so far is that it makes people feel good, nobody has mentioned lyrics, progression, the vocals, bass/guitar/drum parts, it's just made you feel good.

And the reason it's made you feel good is because it's Coldplay and it's familiarity.