What are you eating?

Coldplay or Chocolate?

• Total voters

Kamili

Leave your broken windows open
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I've just eaten a couple of tamales. We're celebrating the Candelaria's Day, which is a religious tradition. This day we eat tamales, they're very delicious and are made of smashed corn.
We also celebrate it here, but don`t eat anything special, just go to church and light the candles :)

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
This is celebrated in many places around the world, both as part of common religions (christianity) and other denominations (paganism). In the USA its celebrated as Groundhog Day, in Italy as Calendaria (similar to the one you mention here, from candles= light), in neo-paganism its Imbolc (midwinter =half way between the winter solstice and spring equinox).

Religion has adopted it from ancient paganism, but I think its all very fitting as all of this is a celebration of the light (in paganism its the light of the Sun, in Christianity its Jesus as the light of the world, Groundhog day is about the advent of Spring). I do like it how traditions like this can be celebrated by different groups but under similar meanings :)

I also like how you eat those tamales made of corn, corn being of golden colour...like the Sun/Light :)

Apologise if this sounded geeky...I do have a passion for these things and I like to share /exchange :D
It's good, we always learn something new every day. What led me to read more about this tradition. In Mexico people take their baby Jesus figurine to church the same way Virgin Mary presented him. We eat tamales because they're related to pre-Hispanic celebrations when Mayans believed people were made of corn and they offered this kind of dishes to their gods.
And I've just read China is celebrating the New Chinese Year which can be related with light I guess.
15 minutes ago I learned that it is national pancake day today.
And the origin is also religious: Maria Lichtmis.
Well, too late, I'm not hungry anymore.
You can eat it the next day it doesn't matter if it isn't a special day.
We also celebrate it here, but don`t eat anything special, just go to church and light the candles :)
We eat something special because during the Epiphany Day or the Three Kings' Day we eat a rosca (a kind of cake/bread that has a donut form but bigger) and it contains a small baby Jesus figurine (el niño). If you get el niño you have to invite the tamales in the Candelaria celebration. I'm not sure about the origin I think it is related with the fact that we love parties and food!

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Im eating a big fat nothing....though I should be eating something, i.e. dinner time past overdue

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
I am about to sleep why should I even eat?

Nie

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I just ate curry soup and I burned my mouth because I wasn't patient enough to let it cool down. ::rolleyes:

alisbe

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I'm eating a delicious chocolate cake
1458711976679.jpg

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
I'm sorry, I forgot that (almost) no one can't resist the delicious taste of chocolate!
Haha LOL, it seems like I'm the only one around here who can resist it ;) Everyone is so crazy for chocolate, I never knew...

alisbe

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Haha LOL, it seems like I'm the only one around here who can resist it ;) Everyone is so crazy for chocolate, I never knew...
Chocolate is one of the best things on earth! I could eat a whole chocolate cake or a bag of kisses or ferreros! Well, not that much, but if someone wants to makes me happy all I need is chocolate!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's not so much the chocolate, but I am craving cakes :D

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
Chocolate is one of the best things on earth! I could eat a whole chocolate cake or a bag of kisses or ferreros! Well, not that much, but if someone wants to makes me happy all I need is chocolate!
Haha, doesn't it make you nauseated eating so much sweets? :eek:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's not so much the chocolate, but I am craving cakes :D
to explain...I am currently on a diet. Actually i overate again today :( but it is somewhat working and I have lost some weight. Cakes are difficult to fit into my diet plan... :(

alisbe

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Haha, doesn't it make you nauseated eating so much sweets? :eek:
Yes, it does. I was overreacting because I do love chocolate <3
to explain...I am currently on a diet. Actually i overate again today :( but it is somewhat working and I have lost some weight. Cakes are difficult to fit into my diet plan... :(
I know what your talking about. I stopped eating some delicious food because I was gaining weight. Today someone in my family decided to eat cake and as we don't eat it that often I thought it was good to eat a slide :)