What if...

Mark

dafunkmayfractureyournose
Coldplayer
There's talk of shorts and instrumentals.

This precedes Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall has a very ambient beginning. Like a short Violet Hill.

Anyone else think that the rest of that Violet Hill-esque intro is in fact MMIX?

I'd like to think it's around 30-40 seconds long with Eno synths, Johnny with echoey guitar and an alien-like vocoder (to fit the theme) repeating the letters "MMIX".

AmbroseCadwell

Future Reflector
Coldplayer
True. A lot of indie albums in the last few years have had tracks about 1.5 minutes long scattered throughout the tracklist. I guess one reason is that it gives a longer-looking tracklisting without boosting the runtime by too much. Very experimental if it's true!

RiotFever

Esteban David Espinoza
Coldplayer
I think It is probably the alien-esque intro they have used before ETIAW during the festivals

Mark

Coldplayer
I think It is probably the alien-esque intro they have used before ETIAW during the festivals
See I haven't heard an alien-esque intro, but that's the sort of thing I expect.

Megalomania

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What if people waited until the album came out instead of guessing what a song could sound like just based on the title?

O:

Mark

Coldplayer
What if people waited until the album came out instead of guessing what a song could sound like just based on the title?

O:
I'm not basing it on the title, I'm basing it on the track order.

JJB

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If this is seen as a concept album of two halfs, maybe the "Alien sounds" suggest the oncoming invasion. Almost like ETIAW is the last REAL happy chapter. They're allready on their way :shocked2:

P.S. Anyone else think someone will die at the end of the story? DLIBYH and UWTB to me suggest someone gets killed and then the last track is about hevaven, hence UP with the birds, like up above...

The Final Track

Prognissekongen!
Coldplayer
True. A lot of indie albums in the last few years have had tracks about 1.5 minutes long scattered throughout the tracklist. I guess one reason is that it gives a longer-looking tracklisting without boosting the runtime by too much. Very experimental if it's true!
Like what? I'm curious.

AmbroseCadwell

Future Reflector
Coldplayer
Like what? I'm curious.
Patrick Wolf's The Magic Position has about 4, Parklife has 3, though it's quite older now. Same with Writer's Block and Falling Out by Peter Bjorn and John. Bryn by Vampire Weekend on their debut is only 2 minutes long, and Shorter Shorter and Kingston are both songs by Field Music, both under two minutes and both near the middle of the album. 'Chinese Bombs', 'We've Got A File On You', 'Ernold Same', 'Intermission' and 'Interlude' are all on Blur albums. And then there's 'Parachutes', by a band called Coldplay. All of them are great albums!

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
I was thinking on the bus today, "what if a the end of the song before ETIAW the begining notes were maybe being played in the background. Or maybe even the character from the album could be listening to I go to Rio in the backround on a radio and it would eentually morpth into ETIAW, if you know what I mean. The Who did that on Quadrophenia, I think it would be really cool. Probally won't happen but yeah.

Tryptophan

Watch the orange glow
Coldplayer
My guess is a 1:00 or 1:30-ish instrumental track, that end with an ambient outtro which fluently leads into ETIAW.

Or the jazz thing. I'd go with the jazz thing.

AmbroseCadwell

Future Reflector
Coldplayer
I think it'll be the outro to UATW, leading into ambience (maybe the same as the live intro, maybe a little different) then into ETIAW's intro.

Cleggy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it'll be the outro to UATW, leading into ambience (maybe the same as the live intro, maybe a little different) then into ETIAW's intro.
This.

Although what I'd like to hear is Chris Martin farting into a microphone for 15 minutes, just so I could see the fangirls proclaim it as genius.

Mark

Coldplayer
This.

Although what I'd like to hear is Chris Martin farting into a microphone for 15 minutes, just so I could see the fangirls proclaim it as genius.
If Chris Martin got away with selling millions of records containing a fart-song, I'd call him a genius.

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
^ X&Y had The Hardest Fart, he is a genius.
:p

(No I love X&Y. And the piano version of THP is one of the most beautiful things ever.)

But from what we've heard, MMIX is indeed a short instrumental.