Why is Major Minus so underrated?

Strawberry Swinger

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I am sad that the song is getting so much hatred here... It's more Coldplay than many of the tracks on the album, and it is dark, mysterious, full of tension and some great guitars... Sad that some don't get its quality,really...

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
I am sad that the song is getting so much hatred here... It's more Coldplay than many of the tracks on the album, and it is dark, mysterious, full of tension and some great guitars... Sad that some don't get its quality,really...
I think the same. For me the problem is that we firstly heard it live. The magic of such a dark song comes with the live performance which is more raw and unclean. And this fits perfectly into the atmosphere.

Nevertheless I fucking love this song, one of the many highlights on the record for me.

amir.mohit

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
at first I started to love MM but I just couldn't stop the strange feeling in my heart that guided me to hate it...
and now MM is died for me,
song itself is not bad but the dark concept behind it is like a old black owl

ethan06

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I avoided the live versions, and loved Major Minus anyway when it came out with the ETIAW EP. It hasn't changed in the slightest in the transition to Mylo Xyloto (except for balancing the guitars out a bit more in the chorus, which actually improves it a ton), but even though I've probably listened to it in excess of 100 times, I still love it to bits. It's a refreshing diversion from what Coldplay usually does. ^_^

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
THIS ^

MM deserved to be a single of MX (and a EPIC videoclip too), have the most different vibe of all. but i think Coldplay released it with ETIAW to test the public responce to the new songs...

The Philosopher

Science and progress
Coldplayer
Yeah I don't understand why there are so many people that don't like this song, when I think that is one of their best, from Mylo Xyloto and from all times.

icecoldplay

Buckland's Hat Merchant
Coldplayer
Great song, and it's probably one of my least favorite Coldplay songs.

Jakeyboygen

Jakeyboygen
Coldplayer
that guitar solo in major minus gives me a shiver (excuse the pun :p) down my spine every time i hear it, its one of the best songs they have done in my opinion it reminds me of a rush of blood to the head. :D

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
It really is an excellent song. Undoubtedly one of the best on the album . . . I would say the best, but it has DLIBYH, UWtB, and U.F.O. as competition :D

But yeah, great song :nod:

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
i have been thinking a lot lately about how underrated Major Minus is. I just really love it!
and it reminds me of spies for some reason. not how it sounds but like the feeling or...i dont know how to explain it lol.

sirajlyons

Mylo Xyloto
Coldplayer
I actually love Major Minus. And i also love paradise :elephant: and etiaw. Idk why no one is talking about the greatness of Major Minus
and corkus :shocked:

Last edited:

Dan 6N

Dreaming of the Osaka sun
Coldplayer
I think Major Minus is great too :). I love Jonny's guitar on it!

LauCH

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah I don't understand why there are so many people that don't like this song, when I think that is one of their best, from Mylo Xyloto and from all times.
:nod:

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Really, I would like people to explain why they hate it...

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
In general, the song feels like a way weaker version of "Cemeteries of London" (one of the few tracks on VLV that I feels really stands out).
sudden realisation of great truth

As much as I love it, I will now always think of Major Minus as a weak CoL