✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha money can always be worked hard for but if there's no actual tickets to buy without selling my kidney for a scalper ticket....

Have you asked grids? She (he?) bought a hospitality ticket by mistake for the July 1st and wants to sell it on as she cannot really afford it.

Have you asked grids? She (he?) bought a hospitality ticket by mistake for the July 1st and wants to sell it on as she cannot really afford it.

Yeah, i've been aware but apparently, the name can't be changed but i'm sure Grids is in contact with Gigsandtours to see if it can be.

I'm back home, absolutely shattered and drained, so gutted. Got up with not much sleep, was very excited and was ready for the sale at 9.30am. Frustration with the 20 second refresh and I tried everything including the mobile app, couldn't even get through to the ticket sale page. Then I considered the hospitality packages which were sold out too then the announcement of the 2nd gig happened so nervously went through work until I got my lunch just before 4pm, had my laptop with me so got everything set up, took helpful tips from people on here about the set up and refreshing 20 secs before the tickets go on sale etc.. was even been filmed by my colleagues haha but it was more frustration, tried over and over, still, website crashes, waiting screen, nothing happening at all then on the mobile app, it looked like I got some luck and multiple tickets were showing and clicked as fast as I could but they were gone :/ Then staying on my lunch extra when I should be work (for like an hour), I kept trying including hospitality tickets which I cant afford but I have to go to this, I couldn't bare to miss out, especially how gutted I would feel not been a part of it and writing articles when it happens knowing I could be there. Hospitality tickets would pop up for £300 or £400 in 1 or 2 tickets but every single time, every single time, it would say tickets aren't available when going to buy them or they have already been allocated :/ I had to stop in the end and since I work in customer service, I had to keep a straight face which was hard, so so gutted about it all and that I couldn't even get hospitality tickets. I tried the number too, every single trick and tip, every bit of logic but seems like there was no luck, the sites were not letting me reach anything.

I will keep trying and refreshing every single minute of every hour I can possibly do and hope that something comes up, anything. If anyone does have a spare ticket, I will be so grateful to be able to buy it and be part of the gig, I really would. I'm shocked at how hard it was to buy tickets, I have done this many times but not on gigsandtours before but to see a lot of people miss out on here and having an absolute nightmare on my side, its very disheartening and i'm really not happy at this setup, gigsandtours should be cancelling the scalpers tickets they are trying to sell for ££££'s and put them back on the market, i'm hoping this is not a lost cause and if someone is determined enough they can get a ticket, I see the odd few are still popping up so I hope it does for me eventually :/

I'm so sorry you didn't get a ticket :(

The second sale was even worse than the first one with the page keep showing error.

I would love to help out but I only managed to get one ticket for the first show...

My suggestion is, keep refreshing, as much as possible. There were tickets available for all the previous shows even later, randomly. So hope never dies!

Thank you :) I have 4 pages in my browser, a mixture of see tickets and gigsandtours, 2 for July 1st normal and hospitality and July 2nd normal and hospitality and the phone app too. Is it worth calling them anymore, (not that I could get through in the first place anyway) Anyone had any success with that?

Thank you :) I have 4 pages in my browser, a mixture of see tickets and gigsandtours, 2 for July 1st normal and hospitality and July 2nd normal and hospitality and the phone app too. Is it worth calling them anymore, (not that I could get through in the first place anyway) Anyone had any success with that?

Not me personally, but apparently loads of people did. It makes a change from constantly refreshing 4 tabs at any rate :)

So I was really lucky and managed to get a ticket for the second date after I had all but given up hope. This was a bit of a shambles; but then it always would be for that little seating with that many people... Can't help but feel there might have been better ways to have done it though! (Like for a start not having other tickets also go on sale at 9.30am too!)

My advice to people who are still after one: keep checking back and oddly refreshing. When I got on to buy the second date this afternoon, there were a handful of tickets up for grabs for the first show as well.

And they also seem to be the odd ticket filtering back through the system. I definitely was really lucky and got one of those. I thought I had used up all my Coldplay Karma when, in the second sale, I only got greeted with 'error' pages until they announced it was sold out. For some reason (be it fate or probably more likely denial that I hadn't got one) I stayed there and refreshed the pages for half hour more. And just as I decided it was my last refresh, the box seats and circle seats popped back up. So nabbed myself one... Over 90 minutes after the original sale started.

Never give up hope guys! I have my fingers crossed for more of you to get them

I've just joined up after being a bit of a lurker, and of course being a massive Coldplay fan!

I can't begin to say how this event has made me feel! excited, stressed, nervous, i think I even felt adrenaline at one point when I thought I was going to get some tickets!

This morning I tried with my laptop with two different browsers and several tabs open. Constantly refreshing every 2 seconds, all I got was the queue from 9.20 onwards, never managed to get onto the booking page.

Then I got upset because I thought that was it, THEN they announce another one, and so the whole emotional rollercoaster started again. Thinking this will be less known as it was a sudden announcement.

Well of course Coldplay announced it to the world. So i'm ready for the second battle. Rang up gigsandtours who said that you can only book online. Gave up with the idea of ringing to book (if only i had seen the number on this thread 6 hours ago!)

3.45 I start hitting f5 constantly... i didn't get a queue page, still coming up with the ticket listing, 3.59 i'm thinking OMG i might be in with a chance here, refreshed it again a second before it got to 4, what does it do? Fecking crashes and says there's an error!

So now i'm panicking thinking noooo (it was the end of the world at the time!), still refreshing, 10 mins later i'm into a queue, i'm cursing and all sorts now.

Then after 30 mins more of this i get onto the booking page, see some tickets, think yay i can pick some and i pick 2 and go to book, doesn't let me just says they're unavailable. Keep refreshing, this happens several times.

I dunno what the hell that was all about, thought it was a bit of a head fuck!

I gave up at 5, i had enough. I've wasted a whole day being an emotional wreck trying to get these tickets. I'm soo sad and disappointed and infuriated. I understand Coldplay wanted an intimate gig and of course that'd be a once in a life time thing to go to but I think the backlash from all the fans now will more than tarnish this.

I hope they will cater for the masses again in future, it might not be as up close and personal and you may not see them as well but at the end of the day you've got a hell of a lot more chance when there's 50,000 on sale!

Rant over! Back to being sad now!

Welcome to Coldplaying :) a lot of us are in the same boat, I had the same tickets appearing multiple times for hospitality but were impossible to buy :( , very sad, its been emotionally draining. The demand is expected but the way the tickets were handled on Gigsandtours was shocking!

I phoned seetickets + gigsandtours and was told to watch Twitter and look online (like I didn't know how to already) and it seems they have been asked to tell everyone that and not actually look, anyone had anything different from them?

Sorry to hear that so many fans missed out today... I tried for about 2 hours before finally getting a ticket and I'll keep my fingers crossed that more tickets will pop up as it was the case for the shows in Cologne and Paris. :)

Does anybody know which way the band will be facing on the stage? Will it be towards the "Stage" seats and the organ or will it be the other way round (http://www.gigsandtours.com/event/coldplay/royal-albert-hall-london/785800)? I got an Arena ticket in section F and am wondering if I'll mostly be seeing the guys' back.

I'm so so sorry for everyone who missed out :( But as everyone says, don't give up and keep trying!

I got a ticket thanks to 2 amazing Coldplay fans, they made my year :heart: I can't believe I'm finally going to see them; I waited more than 3 years.

The website was absolute shit. I was able to select 2 tickets twice but when I clicked 'buy tickets' the page just reloaded and they were gone, for the rest I only saw "service busy". I can't believe Coldplay uses this kind of sites...

THIS IS MY BOOKING STORY!!

i was on this morning, spamming for about 1 hour, no luck....

this afternoon i was on for 70 minutes, doing about 35 phonecalls to that number, got through and only £310 hospi´tickets. so naah

keep going and them "well fuck it". got 2 £410 tickets, and as i was gonna pay they was gone :o

kept trying, even though even ANCHORMAN said they were sold out... 5:10pm UK-time all categories light up, and i got for Arena x2, no luck so BAAM on the stalls, change the section and 2 ticks.

I GOT THEM!! NOW WHAT?!? my heart started pumping super fast and i almost died!! did everything and then "Your booking is now complete. Your payment card has been cha..." :shocked3: :anxious: :bliss:

2 tickets, Stalls, for me and my girlfriend. (she doesn't know yet if she can attend due to work, otherwise i'll sell it for £100 to anyone who want's it!)

Linus! :awesome: see you there!

I've just joined up after being a bit of a lurker, and of course being a massive Coldplay fan!

I can't begin to say how this event has made me feel! excited, stressed, nervous, i think I even felt adrenaline at one point when I thought I was going to get some tickets!

This morning I tried with my laptop with two different browsers and several tabs open. Constantly refreshing every 2 seconds, all I got was the queue from 9.20 onwards, never managed to get onto the booking page.

Then I got upset because I thought that was it, THEN they announce another one, and so the whole emotional rollercoaster started again. Thinking this will be less known as it was a sudden announcement.

Well of course Coldplay announced it to the world. So i'm ready for the second battle. Rang up gigsandtours who said that you can only book online. Gave up with the idea of ringing to book (if only i had seen the number on this thread 6 hours ago!)

3.45 I start hitting f5 constantly... i didn't get a queue page, still coming up with the ticket listing, 3.59 i'm thinking OMG i might be in with a chance here, refreshed it again a second before it got to 4, what does it do? Fecking crashes and says there's an error!

So now i'm panicking thinking noooo (it was the end of the world at the time!), still refreshing, 10 mins later i'm into a queue, i'm cursing and all sorts now.

Then after 30 mins more of this i get onto the booking page, see some tickets, think yay i can pick some and i pick 2 and go to book, doesn't let me just says they're unavailable. Keep refreshing, this happens several times.

I dunno what the hell that was all about, thought it was a bit of a head fuck!

I gave up at 5, i had enough. I've wasted a whole day being an emotional wreck trying to get these tickets. I'm soo sad and disappointed and infuriated. I understand Coldplay wanted an intimate gig and of course that'd be a once in a life time thing to go to but I think the backlash from all the fans now will more than tarnish this.

I hope they will cater for the masses again in future, it might not be as up close and personal and you may not see them as well but at the end of the day you've got a hell of a lot more chance when there's 50,000 on sale!

Rant over! Back to being sad now!

oh dear..same experience here...need someone to fix me ...

I feel like I should write out how I got 4 tickets. I'm a web developer so I had a trick up my sleeve, but maybe other people in here will have the skills to make use of it too. I never tried it before so I didn't know for sure how it would work beforehand. Therefore I haven't shared it yet but will post tomorrow.

We need to beat these bastards stealing our tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Coldplaying :) a lot of us are in the same boat, I had the same tickets appearing multiple times for hospitality but were impossible to buy :( , very sad, its been emotionally draining. The demand is expected but the way the tickets were handled on Gigsandtours was shocking!

I phoned seetickets + gigsandtours and was told to watch Twitter and look online (like I didn't know how to already) and it seems they have been asked to tell everyone that and not actually look, anyone had anything different from them?

DID THE SAME !!! :/

I did exactly the same - but did sing along - only to get home at 4.15 to the news of the second concert !!! How on earth was this kept a secret until the other seats were sold out ? Weird happenings afoot, methinks......

Apparently it's easy to book the RAH last minute for a :D when they can easily announce a 2nd gig, why not a third? They did it 2012 as well when the Emirates show was sold out almost immediately. And they added 2 extra shows... nahhhh. I wouldn't be that upset if it wasn't the Royal Albert Hall. That's kind of a dream of me seeing a concert there - Coldplay preferred of course. Now they play there and it's actually easier to win the lottery as getting a bloody ticket for a concert... arrrrrrgh!

And oldiefan, although I was a bit mad at Coldplay (or management) I wanted to try to genuinely ignore them. Normally I sing every Coldplay song on the radio/ CD. I couldn't be mad very long XD first song, AIMH, started to sing almost immediately. I think I am already addicted and there is no cure... ;D

Apparently it's easy to book the RAH last minute for a :D when they can easily announce a 2nd gig, why not a third? They did it 2012 as well when the Emirates show was sold out almost immediately. And they added 2 extra shows...

Sadly, the Royal Albert Hall is booked out for the dates around it so I doubt there will be another date. It's not like the Emirates where the next event is weeks away, the RAH is booked out most days. July 7th-July 9th is available, so they could potentially do gigs then, but don't get your hopes up.

Sadly, the Royal Albert Hall is booked out for the dates around it so I doubt there will be another date. It's not like the Emirates where the next event is weeks away, the RAH is booked out most days. July 7th-July 9th is available, so they could potentially do gigs then, but don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, I was kind of sarcastically speaking because they came up with the 2nd gig surprisingly (although I hoped for that considering the demand which could be expected beforehand)... I hope they play the RAH again though. If they'd play in some other venue in London I would be more okay with missing out. I saw them in Paris, which was fantastic enough, and I also would feel a bit bad when I'd see them more than once on this tour, while others don't get the chance. So I am actually okay. I got my piece of the Coldplay GS tour cake. More than I could have expected actually (read my review if your interested :D). But there is still a light feeling of dissapointment because they play RAH...that's like the cherry on top of my piece of cake, to stay in this picture ;) and I am happy that many of this forum got tickets. I truly think this shw will be special and epic (round stage, home ground, soundchecked songs which mostly haven't been played on this tour yet - highly suspicious :wink3: so everyone with a ticket: enjoy it! :)

Three years ago, everyone want coldplay play only in small area. Now they play gig in this area nobody is happy. It was predictable that if they play only in some area everybody can't have ticket. Now we have to enjoy finaly coldplay do this kind of gig and play no more in the stadium.

I guess that's because we all think we'd be lucky enough to get that ticket... Ah well... I just hope for next year :-)

I want to meet them and actually speak to them, but those chances are even slimmer than the chance I had of getting one of the 5000 tickets!