✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow

Coeurli

It sounds fantastic in high quality! It was probably my least favourite snippet too, mainly because of the everglow part. It won't be one of the standouts on the album I think but if that's one of the 'weaker' ones, the whole outlook for AHFOD is looking very good indeed :)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute rubbish. I've long accepted their drastic change in sound and even tried to pretend it's not a Coldplay song from my very first listen, and it's still horrible. A drab song further ruined by the production and fake drums. 3/10.

Since people are calling it a "ballad" and just for the sake of comparison I'd recommend listening to Hello before and after this. That song has horrendously boring lyrics and yet still manages to be haunting, beautiful and gut-wrenching. All because of her techniques and the superb melody, instrumentation and production.

IMHO Hello is an average songs, and so the whole new album. I find it very repetitive and bland, except for "I Miss You" and "Remedy" tht are good but not that great. "21" was waaaay better and more versatile in terms of rhythm and style (think of "Rumour Has It" and "Rolling In The Deep" for example).

I'm not saying it to defend CP (in fact I'm one of the most critic users of CPing), I really think it.

Maybe the production is very clean, but the songs are not only production, they're also creativity and 25 hasn't got it that much.

well this place is more positive and colorful than here lol

not sure if their always like that anyway i can't wait for the Media reviews after the album release to see if you guys are too much critical

We are, sadly. Because we love them too much maybe?

Well, i, for one love all that i have heard of the album except AOAL.

well this place is more positive and colorful than here lol

not sure if their always like that anyway i can't wait for the Media reviews after the album release to see if you guys are too much critical

Anyways, WOW. What an appreciative community. I really feel good about thr song after reading their comments. Thank you for this!

You're more likely to see praise on social networks like Reddit than you are on an internet forum. Same thing happens with Sports too. Go to a team's forum and most it will be moaning. It's more to do with expectation than anything else and I guess fans who use forums are more likely to have higher expectations.

I was pleased Gwneyth's voice was very subtle, sounding much like a Coldplay only track. Hope that's the case for all of them apart from 'Fun' which is bound to be more of a duet.

Anyone else feel the gut punch from this song? Coming from Chris' familiar voice it made my eyes moist... Had to curl up into a ball and hold myself for comfort. It is so bittersweet... Brought back feelings from Trouble but in a different way.

Sure, lyrics and production are uneven and cheesy in some places but that combination of emotional voice + warm piano lines + Jonny's signature 'soft wailing' guitar teasing out the emotion from the piano.. That's their chemistry right there! I really love the band when Jonny empathizes with Chris' turmoil on his guitar - it's like him throwing his arms around, giving him an all-encompassing hug and saying everything's gonna be alright when Chris is so emotionally exposed... It's one of the most beautiful things about this band!