✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow

Coeurli

I'm still a little unsure about this one. I like it, I do absolutely love the piano! But for the first verse and chorus I was like "what the hell is Chris saying?" And I know that is him and he semi mumbles but usually I can understand but this time was quite difficult. The lyrics are sweet and it prgresses nicely, my main concern is, how on earth is this going to flow into adventure of a lifetime? Such a nice sweet emotional track to *cue guitar intro to AOAL with de ba das* it just doesn't seem to work if anyone else gets me?

This is a radio edit as it seems.

The original may have a build up or something that sort.

With VLV, MX and GS stories having a smooth flow, i expect this album to have one too. They will work it out.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great... until I played Clocks after. I better end here :)

Though I love our guys evolves and trying something different each time. But probably smooth multimillionaire life made them less dramatic.

If you're gonna compare every song to Clocks, you're gonna have a bad time

It was great... until I played Clocks after. I better end here :)

Though I love our guys evolves and trying something different each time. But probably smooth multimillionaire life made them less dramatic.

not fair for everglow, man clocks is one in a lifetime song

Initial review would be 7/10

Really torn. I love the piano and guitar. It is really Oldplay. The piano melody sounds between MX and Viva eras. The production though is so so so sappy. The chorus just feels like an American Idol performance with that cheesy generic drumbeat... Mixed feelings. Like parts of it tremendously, other parts not so much. Some lyrics great, others cringeworthy. I love Coldplay slowjams, but this song sounds like it could be performed by Rihanna or Beyonce, not Chris. I blame that on the clean pop production. Other than that, the song is great.

Amazing song. Best ballad of the year? Very likely. And as always Oldplayers being pessimistic and Goldplayers loving the song. Nothing has changed...

First we got Coldplayers, then Oldplayers, followed by Newplayers, and now Goldplayers

what a time to be alive :wacko:

Absolute rubbish. I've long accepted their drastic change in sound and even tried to pretend it's not a Coldplay song from my very first listen, and it's still horrible. A drab song further ruined by the production and fake drums. 3/10.

Since people are calling it a "ballad" and just for the sake of comparison I'd recommend listening to Hello before and after this. That song has horrendously boring lyrics and yet still manages to be haunting, beautiful and gut-wrenching. All because of her techniques and the superb melody, instrumentation and production.

Since people are calling it a "ballad" and just for the sake of comparison I'd recommend listening to Hello before and after this. That song has horrendously boring lyrics and yet still manages to be haunting, beautiful and gut-wrenching. All because of her techniques and the superb melody, instrumentation and production.

He has a point...Why couldn't they make it sound as clean as Hello?

Goldplayers are the ultimate Coldplay fan. They LOVE everything Coldplay does.

:gorgeous:

I only listened to Everglow once as I was incredibly tired, and from my phone speakers, and the production didn't sound as good as on AOAL for instance, but given the circumstances i'll give them the benefit of the doubt :lol: Everglow was probably my least favourite snippet so I didn't expect too much from it. I was pleasantly surprised, it honesty felt really genuine to me. When you hear Chris' explanation, and compare it to the song, I think you do find what he's talking about. I need to listen to it again and in better condition but I think it'll grow on me quite fast, as some parts did touch me somehow.

Absolute rubbish. I've long accepted their drastic change in sound and even tried to pretend it's not a Coldplay song from my very first listen, and it's still horrible. A drab song further ruined by the production and fake drums. 3/10.

I haven't even heard the song yet but I believe I'll share your opinion (because we had mostly the same opinion about the new songs) because of Coldplay's fondness of over production and these goddamn fake drums.