✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank The Songs From A Head Full of Dreams!

mayrn43

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First ranking:

01 - A Head Full of Dreams

02 - Birds

03 - Adventure of a Lifetime

04 - Fun

05 - Up & Up

06 - Amazing Day

07 - Army of One

08 - Everglow

09 - Hymn for the Weekend

10 - X Marks the Spot

11 - Colour Spectrum

12 - Kaleidoscope

Hype-based rating (and supposed 'bad' production aside):

1. Birds

2. AOAL

3. AHFOD

4. Up&Up

5. Everglow

6. HFTW

7. Fun

8. Army of One

9. Amazing Day

10. X

No rate: The transition songs (nice transitions)

Tbh I love almost all the tracks (Well, almost, X..). Sure it's overproduced, but a nice production nonetheless. Kaleidoscope reminds me of indie Hatsune Miku songs that have weird choices of choosing sounds. This era might the one era where the studio and live versions are distinctly different, so I can't wait to hear the live versions!

EDIT: X has really, really grown on me, but it's still on the bottom though, it just means that I love all of them.

For the full songs:

1. Birds (this song is amazing!!!)

2. Army of one (this will be big played in the stadiums)

3. Fun (surprisingly beautiful)

4. Everglow (still good)

5. Adventure of a lifetime (still good too)

6. Hymn for the weekend (better than expected)

7. X marks the spot (cool song!)

8. Up&up (better live)

9. A head full of dreams (better live)

10. Amazing day (never been fan of this one)

Currently it looks like this. (You know things change over time)

1. Up&Up

2. Everglow

3. Birds

4. AHFOD

5. AOAL

6. Amazing Day

7. Fun

8. Army of One

9. HFTW

10. X

From 1-6, I am really happy with the quality, but I don't like those last three songs.

1. A Head Full of Dreams

2. Everglow

3. Up&Up

4. Amazing Day

5. Birds

6. Adventure of a Lifetime

-------------------------------------------

7. Fun

8. Army of One

-------------------------------------------

9. Hymn for the Weekend

10. X Marks the Spot

(Kaleidoscope)

(Colour Spectrum)

1-6: good, i like them

7-8: not bad but boring, skip

9-10: really bad

1. Hymn For The Weekend
  2. Birds
  3. A Head Full Of Dreams
  4. Adventure Of A Lifetime
  5. Up&Up
  6. Fun
  7. Army Of One
  8. Amazing Day
  9. X Marks The Spot
  10. Everglow
  11. Colour Spectrum
  12. Kaleidoscope

I love all the songs and interludes and the hidden track.

The album as a whole is better than the summation of its parts. There's nothing epochal and revolutionary about it, it's just good and entertaining and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

9/10

This album is interesting to say the least. Here is my list in reverse order.

12: X Marks the Spot: I wasn't sure why people were really disliking this song at first. However after listening to it I get it. Man this is up there with "True Love" "Us against the World" and "Up in Flames" as one of their bad ones. 3.5/10

11: A Head Full of Dreams: Weird to say that this one was very very boring to listen to. Which is not how you want to start your album. (4.5/10)

10: Everglow: Much like "True Love" this one is too melodramatic and whiny. I liked it at first and at least it has the right music to make it work somewhat. Still only average. (5.5/10)

9: Colour Spectrum: Honestly l wanted to see more out of it but it is a transition piece so at least it is atmospheric. (6/10)

8: Amazing Day: A very nice sounding song. It is simple and Johnny's guitar riffs are fantastic but it has little else going for it. Still good though. (7/10)

7: Kaleidoscope: The best of the two transition pieces. It has some great atmosphere and sounds calm and soothing. Also cool Obama cameo at the end. (7.5/10)

6: Hymn for the Weekend: Much like "Midnight" was this is a very experimental track for Coldplay. "POC" still sounded very Coldplay-esque and this doesn't. However that is the issue. It feels more like a Beyonce song featuring Coldplay. Despite that it has a brilliant beat and is catchy as hell. (7.5/10)

5: Adventure of a Lifetime: Also very experimental but unlike "Hymn" it has the advantage of being very upbeat and with a lot of punch to it. It is also a sound that is truly Coldplay which makes it more impressive. (8/10)

4: Bird: People will like this one because it is more like "Old" Coldplay. While I like this song I don't think it is as good as the top 3 on the album. However this song has great speed and rhythm. It is let down however by a weak climax. (8/10)

3: Army of One: Now we get to the strawberry on top of the cake. A fantastic anthem of both solidarity and promise with a great beat and power to the theme. (8.5/10)

2: Up&Up: Another great anthem song with the theme of stopping at nothing to achieve your goals but this time with the great chorus with a fantastic group of backing singers. Much like "Fly On" this was a great closing track. (9/10)

1: Fun (feat. Tove Lo): I am surprised that the best song on this album is a song about essentially seeing the joy in things. What makes it brilliant is that it is also about reminiscing about the good times. Tove Lo also really helps sell it and the combination of her and Chris is what a collaboration really is. A brilliant song. (9/10)

Overall this album has a lot of strong points. It combines a lot of the strongest aspects of Coldplay despite some failed experimentations. Definitely a worthwhile Album.

12: X Marks the Spot: I wasn't sure why people were really disliking this song at first. However after listening to it I get it. Man this is up there with "True Love" "Us against the World" and "Up in Flames" as one of their bad ones. 3.5/10

11: A Head Full of Dreams: Weird to say that this one was very very boring to listen to. Which is not how you want to start your album. (4.5/10)

10: Everglow: Much like "True Love" this one is too melodramatic and whiny. I liked it at first and at least it has the right music to make it work somewhat. Still only average. (5.5/10)

9: Colour Spectrum: Honestly l wanted to see more out of it but it is a transition piece so at least it is atmospheric. (6/10)

8: Amazing Day: A very nice sounding song. It is simple and Johnny's guitar riffs are fantastic but it has little else going for it. Still good though. (7/10)

7: Kaleidoscope: The best of the two transition pieces. It has some great atmosphere and sounds calm and soothing. Also cool Obama cameo at the end. (7.5/10)

6: Hymn for the Weekend: Much like "Midnight" was this is a very experimental track for Coldplay. "POC" still sounded very Coldplay-esque and this doesn't. However that is the issue. It feels more like a Beyonce song featuring Coldplay. Despite that it has a brilliant beat and is catchy as hell. (7.5/10)

5: Adventure of a Lifetime: Also very experimental but unlike "Hymn" it has the advantage of being very upbeat and with a lot of punch to it. It is also a sound that is truly Coldplay which makes it more impressive. (8/10)

4: Bird: People will like this one because it is more like "Old" Coldplay. While I like this song I don't think it is as good as the top 3 on the album. However this song has great speed and rhythm. It is let down however by a weak climax. (8/10)

3: Army of One: Now we get to the strawberry on top of the cake. A fantastic anthem of both solidarity and promise with a great beat and power to the theme. (8.5/10)

2: Up&Up: Another great anthem song with the theme of stopping at nothing to achieve your goals but this time with the great chorus with a fantastic group of backing singers. Much like "Fly On" this was a great closing track. (9/10)

1: Fun (feat. Tove Lo): I am surprised that the best song on this album is a song about essentially seeing the joy in things. What makes it brilliant is that it is also about reminiscing about the good times. Tove Lo also really helps sell it and the combination of her and Chris is what a collaboration really is. A brilliant song. (9/10)

Overall this album has a lot of strong points. It combines a lot of the strongest aspects of Coldplay despite some failed experimentations. Definitely a worthwhile Album.

1. a head full of dreams- very beast, sounds good- can dance to it, straight up tune.

2. Kaleidoscope and Color spectrum- my bois, lots of barry Obama in them and - take it from Michelle- thats no bad thing..

3. UP AND UP -GREAT SONG, SAD CONTEXT - will probably be their last, rip cplay, take comfort in the thought that you're last ever song is basically arousing by around 4:55 !!11

4. birds..,,,, So chill, i thought i was gonna die at one point, coldplay just tried to murder me, nice

5. Hym for weekend- pretty gucci at times to be fair, good dance one but needs more drops and stuff, cool tune though fo show

6. adventure of a life time- simple, these guys are artist, these guys are picassos, mucho bueno song, sounds good i guess???

7. Army of one- so bueno.

8. Everglow- not a bad tune, good melody and stuff but otherwise pretty boring

9. Amazing Day- these guys are snooze men, so boring, nothing to it but about 10 000 shades of grey

10. Fun- verdicts still out on this one, no wait here it is- life imprisonment for crimes against actual fun- sooooo sappy it hurts physically.

11. x marks the spot- wow a real hate crime.

Overall probably their best album, i enjoyed it. more than a rollercoaster ride- a train journey.

1. a head full of dreams- very beast, sounds good- can dance to it, straight up tune.

2. Kaleidoscope and Color spectrum- my bois, lots of barry Obama in them and - take it from Michelle- thats no bad thing..

3. UP AND UP -GREAT SONG, SAD CONTEXT - will probably be their last, rip cplay, take comfort in the thought that you're last ever song is basically arousing by around 4:55 !!11

4. birds..,,,, So chill, i thought i was gonna die at one point, coldplay just tried to murder me, nice

5. Hym for weekend- pretty gucci at times to be fair, good dance one but needs more drops and stuff, cool tune though fo show

6. adventure of a life time- simple, these guys are artist, these guys are picassos, mucho bueno song, sounds good i guess???

9. Amazing Day- these guys are snooze men, so boring, nothing to it but about 10 000 shades of grey

10. Fun- verdicts still out on this one, no wait here it is- life imprisonment for crimes against actual fun- sooooo sappy it hurts physically.

Overall probably their best album, i enjoyed it. more than a rollercoaster ride- a train journey.

Difficult to judge at the first hearing.Most of the songs hit me .I consider myself one of their best albums that have done stylistically hard to find something like.

Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian....Thank you

1.Fun

2.Birds

3.Army Of One

4.Up&Up

5.Everglow

6. A Head Full Of Dreams

7.Adventure Of A Lifetime

8.Hymn For The Weekend

9.Amazing Day

10. X Marks The Spot

Kaleidoscope

Colour Spectrum

Last 2 songs not rated. I listened this album 3 times. Fun is the only song that I listened more than 3. Simply beatiful. I thought it will be the worst in the album but I am glad I am wrong.

AHFOD (7.7) Changed a little

1. Birds (10/10)

2. AHFOD (9.5/10)

3. Everglow (9.5/10)

4. Up&Up (8.5/10)

5. Amazing Day (8.0/10)

6. Adventure of a Lifetime (8.0/10)

7. Kaleidescope (7.5/10)

8. Fun (7.5/10)

9. Colour Spectrum (7.0/10)

10. Army of One (7.0/10)

11. Hymn for the Weekend (5.5/10)

12. X Marks the Spot (2.5/10)

GS (6.4) for comparison :thinking:

1. O (10/10)

2. Midnight (9.0/10)

3. AiMH (7.5/10)

4. Oceans (7.0/10)

5. Ink (6.5/10)

6. Another's Arms (6.5/10)

6. ASFOS (5.0/10)

7. True Love (3.5/10)

8. Magic (3.5/10)

MX (9.0) for comparison :thinking:

1. Us Against the World (10/10)

2. Up with the Birds (10/10)

3. U.F.O. (10/10)

4. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (9.5/10)

5. Major Minus (9.5/10)

6. Charlie Brown 9.0/10)

7. Don't Let it Break Your Heart (9.0/10)

8. Hurts Like Heaven (9.0/10)

9. Up in Flames (8.5/10)

10. Paradise (8.0/10)

11. Princess of China (4.5/10)

Never ranked the interludes but they're all great/see them more as apart of the song they lead into since that's what they kind of are.

1.Everglow 9.5/10

2.Army of One 9/10

3. Fun 9.5

4.Up & Up 8.5

5. Birds 8.5

6.A Head Full of Dreams 7

7.Adventure Of A Lifetime 7

8.Amazing day 7

9.Hymn for the Weekend 5.5

10. X marks the spot... where it should have been tossed in the trash 1/10

I love the intrumentals kaleidoscope (brilliant) 10/10 and colour spectrum 9/10 :)

all in all good album, but it's hard to imagine they haven't made better songs than hymn and Xmarksthespot since Ghost Stories that could have made the album, which is painfull.