✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Some more gems from the same person who edited Wikipedia:

"Nobody Will Understand" 1996–1998 Safety EP Originally performed under the name "Pectoralz". Later would included in Safety EP, but not was recorded. Was played only once more in 2000.

"One Day" 2015 A Head Full of Dreams Was composed during the recordings of the album, but considering it was a bad song, was not recorded. Was played during the recordings of Kaleidoscope, although without be recorded

"The Blue Room" 1998–1999 The Blue Room Some parts of the song would later in "Square One".

"To Likely You" 1999 The Blue Room

:rolleyes:

Some more gems from the same person who edited Wikipedia:

"Nobody Will Understand" 1996–1998 Safety EP Originally performed under the name "Pectoralz". Later would included in Safety EP, but not was recorded. Was played only once more in 2000.

"One Day" 2015 A Head Full of Dreams Was composed during the recordings of the album, but considering it was a bad song, was not recorded. Was played during the recordings of Kaleidoscope, although without be recorded

"The Blue Room" 1998–1999 The Blue Room Some parts of the song would later in "Square One".

"To Likely You" 1999 The Blue Room

:rolleyes:

Any idea where these might come from? It would be hard to just make that up.

Whether it's true or not, it must have come from somewhere.

• Like 1

I think I've actually heard of that "One Day" one

Really ? Now I'm curious, where ?

I only know that the Blue Room was once indeed rumoured to have been a track, but The Oracle busted is as a myth years ago.

It would be hard to just make that up.

I respectfully disagree :p

I could easily come up with 5 fake unreleased tracks and their respective stories if you want. Actually ones with names that sound like Coldplay would use, and more believable stories than those posted here. Maybe I have too much imagination :D

(I wanna emphasize that it wasn't me who invented these, though ! I'm not a troll.)

• Like 1

Since a return to AROBTTH/X&Y style is out of the question, I'd love it if Coldplay would explore psychedelic rock/dreampop more, with slide guitars like throughout Hypnotised, or the dreamy production of the guitar at the beginning of Fun.

Dreampop is certainly a possibility! Chris loves the band Beach House which is totally dreampop. It's one of my favorite styles so I would be in heaven if they did that and did it well....

• Like 2

Dreampop is certainly a possibility! Chris loves the band Beach House which is totally dreampop. It's one of my favorite styles so I would be in heaven if they did that and did it well....

Chris loves Beach House? I love them too but I had no idea

There is going to be another poll and this time it will be acoustic vs. electronic music. I know some of you might argue that there are a lot of good/bad quality acoustic/electronic music. Assuming that both ways the album will be of great quality which of the two would you like the band to follow in the making of the next LP?

The poll is up! Please vote!

Mylo was a conglomeration of ideas from both an acoustic album and a pop rock album.

Some of their best of both of those genres come out in that album. There's no reason they can't follow a similar approach. How about some psychedelic shoegaze dream pop rock with some stripped acoustic tracks.

Call the album Starfish.

• Like 7

Mylo was a conglomeration of ideas from both an acoustic album and a pop rock album.

Some of their best of both of those genres come out in that album. There's no reason they can't follow a similar approach. How about some psychedelic shoegaze dream pop rock with some stripped acoustic tracks.

Call the album Starfish.

Oh man that would be awesome lol.

Call the album Starfish.

An album called starfish would be so cool
  • Like 3

While Americana/folk and/or psychadelic/dreampop is a cool and likely possibility, here's another idea to entertain while we have nothing to talk about: Another possibility that came to mind as I was listening to various music - what if Coldplay did a triphop/jazzy album? AICTAIY has been compared to Massive Attack because the first half of the song centers around a very hypnotic drumbeat and bassline, and the drumbeat is almost identical to Teardrop by Massive Attack. Other music that I think of from the 1990s that has this style is Zero-7 and Moby. Coldplay has in one interview said one of the albums they always listened to during their beginnings was Moon Safari by Air.

Turns out there already is a psychedelic dream pop album called Starfish by The Church.

Which has one of the most amazing songs of all time, Under the Milky Way (featured on Donnie Darko) complete with acoustic guitar and a guitar/"bagpipe" solo made with electric guitar + ebow + running the guitar through a synthesizer. There's a VERY moving fanmade video that because of copyright reasons doesn't have the studio audio anymore, but I promise you your mind will be blown if you listen to THIS AUDIO over the SECOND VIDEO:

over THIS VIDEO (but MUTE THE AUDIO HERE):

• Like 2

While Americana/folk and/or psychadelic/dreampop is a cool and likely possibility, here's another idea to entertain while we have nothing to talk about: Another possibility that came to mind as I was listening to various music - what if Coldplay did a triphop/jazzy album? AICTAIY has been compared to Massive Attack because the first half of the song centers around a very hypnotic drumbeat and bassline, and the drumbeat is almost identical to Teardrop by Massive Attack. Other music that I think of from the 1990s that has this style is Zero-7 and Moby. Coldplay has in one interview said one of the albums they always listened to during their beginnings was Moon Safari by Air.

Which has one of the most amazing songs of all time, Under the Milky Way (featured on Donnie Darko) complete with acoustic guitar and a guitar/"bagpipe" solo made with electric guitar + ebow + running the guitar through a synthesizer. There's a VERY moving fanmade video that because of copyright reasons doesn't have the studio audio anymore, but I promise you your mind will be blown if you listen to THIS AUDIO over the SECOND VIDEO:

over THIS VIDEO (but MUTE THE AUDIO HERE):

So like everything you've listed here are like my favorite things so if they go that way, I may just die.

• Like 2