✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Speaking of horns, I think there are neat ways to use them that are unconventional and surprisingly atmospheric. Noel Gallagher and Bon Iver are good examples of this:

Dat Slide Away. The look Gem gives at 0:30

Title and artwork guesses?

wayyy too early im afraid. we've got zero clues.

• Like 1

Dat Slide Away. The look Gem gives at 0:30

wayyy too early im afraid. we've got zero clues.

Whoa never noticed that look Gem is so charming. <3

I feel like there's been kind of a swing in the art. VLV was pretty classy/focused despite the splatterpaint, MX was very loud and colourful, GS was maximally subdued and VERY classy, and then AHFOD is once again pretty eclectic and colourful.

--> Will we return to another simplistic album cover? Maybe something like X&Y? That's where I'll put my money. :p Or perhaps something black and white but VERY intricate like the recent Bon Iver cover:

220px-22%2C_A_Million_cover.jpg

Or the recent Radiohead cover

A_Moon_Shaped_Pool.jpg

Or now that I've gone and said this perhaps it will be very colourful and not at all intricate. :p

TITLE: Coldplay (Self-Titled)

ALBUM COVER: A plain color or shade, very minimal, with COLDPLAY centered in their original band font. OR maybe there is a simple doodle Chris throws on there.

The last 3 eras have had such detailed, eye-popping artwork. AHFOD was especially crazy, so I feel like they'll step away from that. Especially if their next LP is stripped down, (which is my prediction), it would be a clear statement of their intentions and would stand out among all their albums.

I could also see the album cover being a photograph, which they've never really done before (save parachtues). Maybe a photo of children, or nature, or something uplifting and sunny.

Prediction #2: They release a Christmas themed album out of nowhere this week hahahahaha

• Like 1

Hope Chris' visit to Rome is a good start for his inspiration to write the best damn thing ever for LP8.

I stumbled across one of those dumb Perez Hilton or TMZ articles about how Chris and that chick from 50 Shades of Grey were at a restaurant in Rome recently, and Chris was humming a song to run by her in seek of her approval. Could be nothing, could just be TMZ making something up.

But if it truly is a song Chris wrote and he's humming it for his date, he must be excited about it.

I guess we're really reaching for news here in this dead period :joy:

• Like 3

You know what I recently thought ? I wonder if the LP8 Era will give us a new Coldplay font.

I see the font as an important part of eras, because it often corresponds to the feeling or theme of the music. A classical font for Viva, a blown-up comic font for MX, a dark subdued one for GS, colourful letters for AHFOD....

You know what I recently thought ? I wonder if the LP8 Era will give us a new Coldplay font.

I see the font as an important part of eras, because it often corresponds to the feeling or theme of the music. A classical font for Viva, a blown-up comic font for MX, a dark subdued one for GS, colourful letters for AHFOD....

I don't know why but I have a feeling that the new font will be this one

005e1b3812f50ae56ea9593292424a54.jpg

As we got a hint in GS era for the AHFOD font

5a39095e8aa30f283e0de9979c0bbce5.jpg

• Like 3

I stumbled across one of those dumb Perez Hilton or TMZ articles about how Chris and that chick from 50 Shades of Grey were at a restaurant in Rome recently, and Chris was humming a song to run by her in seek of her approval. Could be nothing, could just be TMZ making something up.

But if it truly is a song Chris wrote and he's humming it for his date, he must be excited about it.

I guess we're really reaching for news here in this dead period :joy:

How loud would he have to hum that song in order for someone other than his date to hear it? :p

• Like 2

b9350095548d18218a4d8d36bcf386f1.jpg

Maybe the new font could be akin to the Believe In Love font that has been on the love buttons and at the Super Bowl??? Would fit well with a stripped back, psychedelic album theme as previously discussed... Keep the speculation going!

Just some thoughts in line with these - one thing I noticed that is intriguing is that Believe in Love is capitalized in the text below the Believe In Love video, which is posted by the Coldplay Official account on YouTube as shown here (underlined by me):

"Our friends. This is the end of A Head Full Of Dreams Tour, back where it all began, Buenos Aires. Thankyou everybody all around the world, at home and abroad, for being the best part of our show. For being the music and for keeping your and our heads full of dreams. This was our first chapter. From now on we’ll only be full of surprises. We love you. We’re grateful for all of you, with all of our hearts. We exist for and because of you. Goodnight, good afternoon, good morning wherever you are in the world. God bless you all. Be kind to each other. We’re in this together. We’re one big band. Everything is possible, if you never give up. And if you Believe in Love."

I don't see any reason as to why this should be capitalized, other than for the fact that it might represent a future song or title for an album possibly? It definitely fits with the message the band has been helping to spread throughout the entire AHFOD tour, and it also seems to fit with a lot of the songs on Kaleidoscope.

The other thing is the background music the band is playing throughout Chris's entire speech sounds somewhat similar to the first 30 seconds of Hypnotised (EP Mix), which might be foreshadowing something new... If one were to somehow put those small bell-type sounds in with this background music the band is playing, I can see it as being those first 30 seconds from Hypnotised (EP Mix)... The more I listen, the more I can kind of hear those actual bell sounds in the actual video, unless its just all in my head...

I also think Believe in Love could actually fit as a theme for a type of new psychedelic album if they were to be planning one...

Anyway, sad to see AFHOD at the end of its era but happy that Coldplay still isn't done!!!! Can't wait for the new additions to their amazing music!!!

• Like 1

I remember how fun and simultaneously frustrating following the LP7 thread was... funny times.

I said it two years ago and I'll say it again now; I'd love an Oldplay album. Back then I really wanted a darker album with a rock edge and an experimental vibe. A perfect marriage between LP2 and LP4, but nowadays I think I'd prefer a more stripped back acoustic album like Parachutes, self titled (as their titles have been really poor since Mylo Xyloto) This would be a fantastic way to cement their identity as a band who produces the pinnacle of soft rock music and showcase them going back to their roots.

Probably unlikely to happen but a man can dream!

• Like 5

I remember how fun and simultaneously frustrating following the LP7 thread was... funny times.

I said it two years ago and I'll say it again now; I'd love an Oldplay album. Back then I really wanted a darker album with a rock edge and an experimental vibe. A perfect marriage between LP2 and LP4, but nowadays I think I'd prefer a more stripped back acoustic album like Parachutes, self titled (as their titles have been really poor since Mylo Xyloto) This would be a fantastic way to cement their identity as a band who produces the pinnacle of soft rock music and showcase them going back to their roots.

Probably unlikely to happen but a man can dream!

please, no self-titled albums, that's so tacky :no_mouth:

• Like 2

^agreed, I mean, do it for your first album maybe, but to do one in the middle of your discography is a bit odd.

but then again, name it anything, just make good music plz kthx

It happens more often than you think, Metallica did it for their fifth album and it went on to become their most successful effort.

But agree on the sentiment, call it anything once it's decent!

• Like 1

It happens more often than you think, Metallica did it for their fifth album and it went on to become their most successful effort.

But agree on the sentiment, call it anything once it's decent!

As I can remember some musicians even name more than one album from their discography after themselves. I'll give you an example. Britney Spears did it for her third and eighth studio album.

I've just come to realize that the Coldplay name their full albums after a song contained in each of them. So it could be either miss or hit. Maybe it's simple to give an album a name after a song which was recorded for it because it requires less work to come up with a proper title that describes the atmosphere and the concept of the whole album. On the other hand, this might be dangerous and suicidal (I'm sorry for using this word but I think it suits this context well.) because it could sound totally wrong and give a bad impression of the record and potentially damage or even destroy the campaign and everything connected with it due to a possible misunderstanding.

^ I actually like the method they have going of naming the album after an individual song--I don't know of any other band that has done that for all of their albums. Plus it provides a sort of anchor-point around the rest of the album revolves, if that makes sense. On an album called X&Y, if there is a song called "X&Y," you can guess that song will carry some pretty heavy symbolism and themes which you can then look for in the other songs on the album.

(That being said . . . No, I don't know why the guys decided to name Mylo Xyloto after an instrumental track :laughing: I suppose since Mylo is meant to be a specific character, the intro is his theme song??)

Plus, looking at Coldplay's track record, I think they've done perfectly so far in capturing the essences of each album in their respective title songs. I would be surprised if they had a misstep in that regard this late in their career.

• Like 4

^ I actually like the method they have going of naming the album after an individual song--I don't know of any other band that has done that for all of their albums. Plus it provides a sort of anchor-point around the rest of the album revolves, if that makes sense. On an album called X&Y, if there is a song called "X&Y," you can guess that song will carry some pretty heavy symbolism and themes which you can then look for in the other songs on the album.

(That being said . . . No, I don't know why the guys decided to name Mylo Xyloto after an instrumental track :laughing: I suppose since Mylo is meant to be a specific character, the intro is his theme song??)

Plus, looking at Coldplay's track record, I think they've done perfectly so far in capturing the essences of each album in their respective title songs. I would be surprised if they had a misstep in that regard this late in their career.

I definitely agree. The title's to their albums have been perfect and I think they do sum up each album perfectly. Like parachutes just makes me think of something calm, mellow but also free and powerful. I think that connects well with the album, the same goes for their other albums.

• Like 3