✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know if there's a story behind space chickens, but speaking of chickens....

I feel like it's time for the band to recognise Coldplaying's rich, and often hilarious history.

Speaking it into existence, the new Coldplay album: Hen of Luxury.

71tj4y.jpg

if you have no idea what this is about, there used to be someone on the forum called Lory and her English wasn't very good. In fact she basically never managed to get her points across but she still kept posting. She used to call some women "hens of luxury" (from the French expression poule de luxe)

• Like 5

I don't know if there's a story behind space chickens, but speaking of chickens....

I feel like it's time for the band to recognise Coldplaying's rich, and often hilarious history.

71tj4y.jpg

if you have no idea what this is about, there used to be someone on the forum called Lory and her English wasn't very good. In fact she basically never managed to get her points across but she still kept posting. She used to call some women "hens of luxury" (from the French expression poule de luxe)

LOL. We had half an album title in Spanish language already, so how about this:

Poulet Rôti (Ceci N'est Pas Un)

• Like 2

71tj4y.jpg

YES i vote yes

• Like 1

the story is that i made it up and take every chance i can to promote it :p

this is the origin: https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/small-reminders-updates-the-coldplay-messenger-feat-roadie-42.45262/page-251#post-4741354

also i forgot about Lory, what a time to be alive :joy:

OMG

Hm, now again I wish I had been around earlier to witness Lory's posts :D

Speaking of which, does anyone remember Maaria (the one who posted under different accounts because she kept getting banned), back around 2015 ?

• Like 2

OMG

Hm, now again I wish I had been around earlier to witness Lory's posts :D

Speaking of which, does anyone remember Maaria (the one who posted under different accounts because she kept getting banned), back around 2015 ?

Yes! One of her accounts was also our 100,000th member!

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see them do something like U2 did with Songs of Innocence/Experience. Essentially 2 separate albums making one complete work.

Go back to their roots with the first then a couple of years later do something more electronic.. a duology of sorts. Especially considering in each era some great material gets relegated to b sides and ‘bonus tracks’

• Like 2

It would be interesting to see them do something like U2 did with Songs of Innocence/Experience. Essentially 2 separate albums making one complete work.

Go back to their roots with the first then a couple of years later do something more electronic.. a duology of sorts. Especially considering in each era some great material gets relegated to b sides and ‘bonus tracks’

Ghost stories and a head full of dreams also completes each other like Will said, they are opposites on the vibe, on the colors, but the sound is simmilar. They complete each other
  • Like 2

^true. I for one enjoyed the MX era. Those colorful wristbands worked out so well that they decided to keep them as part of the show. Sort of a souvenir for concert-goers too.

I don't know... maybe I missed more of their older stuff. No gimmicks, just quality music.

I know what you mean, the dark would set the atmosphere, as you can see in live 2003

Since we recently talked about fake Coldplay songs in Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_Coldplay), I just wanted to report there's more now:

"Walking for Always" 2009–2010 The song name comes of a verse of the B-side "Waiting to get to your face".

:joy: Damn, someone is really trolling hard.

• Like 2

Since we recently talked about fake Coldplay songs in Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_Coldplay), I just wanted to report there's more now:

"Walking for Always" 2009–2010 The song name comes of a verse of the B-side "Waiting to get to your face".

:joy: Damn, someone is really trolling hard.

Its a hobby at this point

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Dave Holmes and Phil Harvey came out today

They were asked about the future of Coldplay...

"We’ll be taking a moment to catch our breath. We won’t be touring again until 2021 at the earliest. We need to take a break and come back with something really special."

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/they-played-a-tiny-cafe-there-were-four-people-in-the-audience/

• Like 5

I can't see Coldplay not releasing another album for until 6 years after AHFOD, so my optimistic self would suggest they will do something similar to Ghost Stories in that they will release an album in the next couple years, not tour it, and then tour whatever album comes after that.

Or perhaps work really hard on an album that comes out ~2020, then tour after that.

• Like 4