โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

19 minutes ago, Everyday life said:

ยฟQuรฉ significa esto exactamente ? ยฟ Puede ser el nuevo contenido de MOTS o algoย 

Probably, it would not make much sense to make changes now and change it again if they release lp9 in a few months

Edited by Shiver98
  • Love 1

Random thought I've been mulling over after listening to EL in full a few times this week: One of the reason's I think coldplay has struggled to have the same amount of critical success over the past 5 years is a lack of focus. I love AHFOD, Kaleidoscope EP and EL but all of them are just so unfocused. The genres are all over the place, the themes and lyrics are incrediblyย generalized.ย 

Go back to MX and GS -- at least a story is being told. Sure, i'd argue those stories are vague and the lyrics are a major step down from earlier Coldplay, but at least there's a theme that's stuck to.ย The only thing keeping EL from potentially being my fave Coldplay album is it's lack of focus. We jump from somber classical music, to alt-rock lite about loving someone, to a song about systemic racism, to bombs over Syria to best friends of past. I'm a defender of the album but man it's hard to explain what it's about and why.ย 

My hope for LP9 is that thematically, lyrically and musically its tighter and more focused. Perhaps a space theme is the way to go, especially if tells stories about characters from beginning to end, like MX but I'd hope more obvious and poetic.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

yeah, the warner guy said q4 2020 or q1 2021

3 minutes ago, amazingnico said:

Remember that Australian interview that in Q4 there were gonna be realises (Warner brand), and that Q4 has already started. So it wouldnโ€™t be strange if we get something newย 

ย 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:23 PM, lennyrott1 said:

Random thought I've been mulling over after listening to EL in full a few times this week: One of the reason's I think coldplay has struggled to have the same amount of critical success over the past 5 years is a lack of focus. I love AHFOD, Kaleidoscope EP and EL but all of them are just so unfocused. The genres are all over the place, the themes and lyrics are incrediblyย generalized.ย 

Go back to MX and GS -- at least a story is being told. Sure, i'd argue those stories are vague and the lyrics are a major step down from earlier Coldplay, but at least there's a theme that's stuck to.ย The only thing keeping EL from potentially being my fave Coldplay album is it's lack of focus. We jump from somber classical music, to alt-rock lite about loving someone, to a song about systemic racism, to bombs over Syria to best friends of past. I'm a defender of the album but man it's hard to explain what it's about and why.ย 

My hope for LP9 is that thematically, lyrically and musically its tighter and more focused. Perhaps a space theme is the way to go, especially if tells stories about characters from beginning to end, like MX but I'd hope more obvious and poetic.

I know what you mean, but EL has a theme that it follows: the world and how it feels these times... love, war, racism... the album is like getting on a plane and visit different places on this planet.ย 

A great example for a real scifi themed album is an album called "Dimensionaut" from Sound of Contact. Strong themes, great drums and goosebumps all over. Get a listen to it on Youtube.ย 

^totally agree. They usually do a great job weaving in singles into their albums in way that's not to jarring. Like the transition from Birds to HFTW is amazing despite those songs having totally different feels. Orphans was maybe a little to upbeat for EL, but nonetheless I wish it was more successful on the radio. Almost 1 year later I still think it's an amazingly good pop single, but it likely will never get much recognition.ย 

• Like 5

On 9/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, Admirice said:

M(agic) U(p&Up) S(hiver) I(n My Place) C(locks) O(rphans) F(ix You) The S(cientist) P(aradise) H(ymn For The Weekend) E(verglow) R(ainy Day) E(very Tear Is A Waterfall) S(ee You Soon) - Music Of The Spheres.

Looks nearly like a best-of compilation to me now.^^

• Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic