✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I have a theory that the FFTF 2024 is the date of the lead single release and not the album release (April 2, 2020) the FFTF is an acronym for the title of the lead single

I agree 100 %. The new era will begin April 2 :)

Edited by sa_spurs_tx
  • Like 5

If that's the case then Trouble In Town MV has to come out this month, and hoping Church gets one too before the new era. IF it is indeed starting April 2

Β 

The only one that's left now is Trouble In Town, so don't expect to see any other music video.

Hello, it was I who uploaded this image .. I originally uploaded it to the Facebook group ... The album cover is probably totally different from what is shown in the Everyday Life booklet

Β 

Here I leave the image in good quality:

Β 

[ATTACH=full]11226[/ATTACH]

Yay!! I saw it on reddit and could find your name!! Thank you!!

• Wow 1

I don’t know guys, I want to believe that something is going to happen this April, but maybe it’s going to be later on, it’s just so close! And they haven’t even released the Tiny desk concert they recorded!!! But there’s still time! I wish we could gather more info to speculate and theorize :p:laughing:!!

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love new music as soon as possible. But next month seems a little too soon for me. I’m not sure if I’m ready to spend hours a day reading up on articles and trying to keep up with all the messages on the forum. It’s super difficult to try and not miss any interviews as well. The release of a new album can be incredibly stressful, and I’m not sure if I’m ready for it again so soon. When EL was released, I read every single message about it and Coldplay was all I could ever focus on. It was really starting to affect my sleep and concentration. Plus, I’m still broke from the last album release, and I’d hate it if I had to miss out on a bunch of new things for my collection. I’d be heartbroken if they performed by me but I couldn’t afford the tickets. New music is always great, but I don’t mind if they take things slow. Hopefully this time it won’t be as slow as EL’s release, but I have a feeling it’ll be released before I’m ready and I’ll miss out on a lot. :undecided:

Edited by Guest
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love new music as soon as possible. But next month seems a little too soon for me. I’m not sure if I’m ready to spend hours a day reading up on articles and trying to keep up with all the messages on the forum. It’s super difficult to try and not miss any interviews as well. The release of a new album can be incredibly stressful, and I’m not sure if I’m ready for it again so soon. When EL was released, I read every single message about it and Coldplay was all I could ever focus on. It was really starting to affect my sleep and concentration. Plus, I’m still broke from the last album release, and I’d hate it if I had to miss out on a bunch of new things for my collection. I’d be heartbroken if they performed by me but I couldn’t afford the tickets. New music is always great, but I don’t mind if they take things slow. Hopefully this time it won’t be as slow as EL’s release, but I have a feeling it’ll be released before I’m ready and I’ll miss out on a lot. :undecided:

Β 

I agree, the build-up and speculation is the most exciting part of a new album launch!

• Like 3

*slowly enters conversation with a walker.

Β 

Back in the June of 2011 I was wrapping up my jr. year of high school and they dropped ETIAW, my fricken song of the summer. MX then didn't drop until October and in between we got live performances and lots of teasing.

Β 

I think we are getting a tease or a single very soon and then there will be a more open timeline of when we'll actually get the full album. I'm feeling optimistic April 2nd or April 4th will be the day.

• Like 3

Back in the June of 2011 I was wrapping up my jr. year of high school and they dropped ETIAW, my fricken song of the summer.

Are you me? I literally had the same experience haha. Graduated in 2012.

Edited by Guest
  • Angry 1

Now we have a COTW Lyric Video which ONCE AGAIN heavily emphasizes planets and space.....

Β 

I mean, it fits the theme of the song and the message, so again it could be coincidence. But this really seems like a tease to me given everything.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 6

Now we have a COTW Lyric Video which ONCE AGAIN heavily emphasizes planets and space.....

Β 

I mean, it fits the theme of the song and the message, so again it could be coincidence. But this really seems like a tease to me given everything.

I agree! Besides, it shows us what’s in their minds, what they are thinking about: planets, space, travel....so exiting!

• Like 1

It's so weird how fast this era was. The AHFOD era felt like an eternity as a relatively new Coldplay fan...

Β 

To me the MYLOXYLOTO and AHFOD eras were a bit like one and the same thing (a pretty long era),

while Ghost Stories was something like a little break between that. Like, hibernation before going back to the colorful things.^^

• Like 1

My prediction of Music Of The Spheres (such a cool name btw) will sound very electronic, maybe with X&Y atmospherics but better, mixed in with some of the more modern touches such as the vocal editing and sampling of Chris’s voice (Stargate seems to be all about it). Jonny will bring some new ambient out-of-world sounds and maybe some killer riffs, while Will experiments with beats (think A L I E N S). There will be at least 2 radio-worthy hits that may come out of this album, with some popular collaborations perhaps, kind of like what Los Unidades did. I also think there will be a return to shoegaze as demonstrated in Viva to MX, as well as some fantastic grooves, kind of like a danceable Arabesque.

Β 

that would be perfect thanks Coldplay!

• Like 6
  • Wow 3

I also think there will be a return to shoegaze as demonstrated in Viva to MX

Β 

Holy Shiver, I'd love that so much! Jonny used to look so happy whenever he played Chinese Sleep Chant. His bandmates would always look at him and smile, like it was his special song. He's normally so shy and reserved, playing far away from the other guys. But that song helped him let loose. He played like there's no tomorrow and always looked like he was having the time of his life. He seemed like he wasn't worried what people thought about him at all. He was so into the music and had a ton of fun with his best friends. I'd love to see my favorite person in the world be as happy as Guy is when he plays EL songs. I've been getting into My Bloody Valentine lately, because all their songs sound like Chinese Sleep Chant. I'd really love to hear some songs like that written by my guitar hero. I need to see the most talented musician in the world do what he's best at. And that's playing songs he feels passionate about. Jonny's not one of those guitarists who started playing to impress people. He always plays in the corner alone, hidden in the shadows with his guitar. That is, unless he gets so into the music that he starts running around the stage shredding his heart out and pouring every ounce of talent he has into his playing. He doesn't play to get noticed, he plays to create art. Like Debs Wild once said, "He prefers to let his guitar do all the talking."

Β 

And I guess that's why I love him so much. It would be nice to see Jonny come out of his shell again and relax with some shoegaze.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 6

Well, for me, the MOTS poster looks like some retro-futuristic artwork from the 60s or 70s. Imagine if they use some retro sounds (old keyboards, synthesizers and so on) to recreate and experiment with sounds! I'm begging for some old Giorgio Moroder-ish sounding songs from Coldplay! That'd be awsome!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

These suggestions sound pretty good actually ! However, I'm not a fan of distorted voice samples (or that "Angelina" voice). I hope they keep that to a minimum.

Β 

I really hope they go back to a more AROBTTH kind of β€˜clean’ production just with beautiful instrumentation, ideally with the producer mixing the album as well.

• Like 7

My prediction of Music Of The Spheres (such a cool name btw) will sound very electronic, maybe with X&Y atmospherics but better, mixed in with some of the more modern touches such as the vocal editing and sampling of Chris’s voice (Stargate seems to be all about it). Jonny will bring some new ambient out-of-world sounds and maybe some killer riffs, while Will experiments with beats (think A L I E N S). There will be at least 2 radio-worthy hits that may come out of this album, with some popular collaborations perhaps, kind of like what Los Unidades did. I also think there will be a return to shoegaze as demonstrated in Viva to MX, as well as some fantastic grooves, kind of like a danceable Arabesque.

Β 

that would be perfect thanks Coldplay!

This would be a dream come true!!! Chinese Sleep Chant is one of my all time favorite Coldplay songs...I’ve always believed they have such a huge potential in this genre!!!!! Arabesque and ALIENS are the best!!!! Please let this come true!!!

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic