โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

:awesome:ย hi

So this has been wild!

Stephen thanks so much for the playlist!

I'm still wondering what exactly is the point of the Alien Radio, the theme of the era seems to be numbers radio but in the context of space so the most logical explanation is : they're going to drop some teasers and actual song bitsย of the new album in those frequencies. I feel like we're going to have to check for them every dayย :laugh3:

Also could they may be update the lyric at the top of the page? I feel like we should pay attention.

Oh and I assume that there are posters everywhere already, they may post a couple more pics in the coming days but i think that the point was to tell us to go look for them ourselves lol

Anyway this is exciting :dance:

:dazzled:

• Like 6

Any live dates will surely start in 2022. It makes absolutely no sense to try anything this year due to increased chance of covid cases in the Fall. My guess is touring is a no go at the moment. But they will keep us entertained anyhow I'm sure ?ย 

• Like 1

^True Miha, I also recall they seemed serious about their touring habits in regards to the environment. Its clearly still on their minds too due to the recent social media posts. Or maybe because it was Earth Day this week!? But maybe they'll do something else totally outside the box thats earth conscious while reaching out to the fans and make them feel connected.ย 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Coeurli said:

:awesome:ย hi

So this has been wild!

Stephen thanks so much for the playlist!

I'm still wondering what exactly is the point of the Alien Radio, the theme of the era seems to be numbers radio but in the context of space so the most logical explanation is : they're going to drop some teasers and actual song bitsย of the new album in those frequencies. I feel like we're going to have to check for them every dayย :laugh3:

Also could they may be update the lyric at the top of the page? I feel like we should pay attention.

Oh and I assume that there are posters everywhere already, they may post a couple more pics in the coming days but i think that the point was to tell us to go look for them ourselves lol

Anyway this is exciting :dance:

:dazzled:

I'm hoping that this is just the beginning of an extravagant release. I want my album dropped from space thanksย :daisy:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, #AnotherColdplayFan said:

Hey guys, please delete this if inappropriate but we're putting all theories in a Google Doc since last night.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fpj1-mEXKxeQpm5GBrtL8wdIR4bDHOGRVCOsOxFoBvs/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to contribute! We need the biggest minds ?

Here the transcription of the Italian signal:

Nasce il 15 Febbraio 1564 vicino a Pisa. Suo padre era un musicista e quando andรฒ allโ€™Universitร  studiรฒ medicina, per poi passare alla filosofia e alla matematica. Dopo lโ€™universitร  divenne professore di matematica ed iniziรฒ a lavorare su esperimenti che includevano la velocitร  con la quale degli oggetti differenti cadono al suolo. Nel 1609 seppe che qualcuno, in Olanda, aveva inventato un telescopio. Nonostante ciรฒ, non riuscรฌ mai a vederlo di persona ma seppe comunque costruirne una versione migliore ed iniziรฒ quindi a fare molte scoperte astronomiche, come ad esempio il trovare montagne e valli sulla superficie della Luna e delle lune di Venere, e tutte queste scoperte lo resero ovviamente famoso. Nel 1614 fu accusato di eresia per aver sostenuto la teoria copernicana, e cioรจ che il Sole fosse al centro del sistema solare. A quel tempo, la maggior parte delle persone credeva che la Terra fosse in posizione centrale e quindi gli fu proibito dalla Chiesa di insegnare queste sue nuove teorie. Nel 1632 fu nuovamente condannato per eresia dopo aver pubblicato un libro sulla teoria copernicana e per questo fu condannato allโ€™ergastolo, che in seguito fu poi ridotto agli arresti domiciliari e tutto ciรฒ lo costrinse a ritirare il suo sostegno verso la teoria copernicana. Continuรฒ a scrivere, anche se stava diventando cieco, e nel 1638 pubblicรฒ un libro delle sue idee sulle leggi del moto e sui principi della meccanica. Morรฌ nel gennaio del 1642 ed รจ ancora oggi considerato il padre della scienza e dellโ€™astronomia moderne. Viene inoltre menzionato piรน volte in una famosa canzone della band Queen.

It's a biography of Galileo Galilei. The most important thing is the last sentence: he's mentioned several times in a famous song of the band Queen. So, it's Bohemian Rhapsody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, #AnotherColdplayFan said:

Hey guys, please delete this if inappropriate but we're putting all theories in a Google Doc since last night.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fpj1-mEXKxeQpm5GBrtL8wdIR4bDHOGRVCOsOxFoBvs/edit?usp=sharing

Please feel free to contribute! We need the biggest minds ?

here's a translation of the Dutch audio (station 81/audio 27):

There was a table set out under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it: a Dormouse was sitting between them, fast asleep, and the other two were using it as a cushion, resting their elbows on it, and talking over its head. 'Very uncomfortable for the Dormouse,' thought Alice; 'only, as it's asleep, I suppose it doesn't mind.'
The table was a large one, but the three were all crowded together at one corner of it: 'No room! No room!' they cried out when they saw Alice coming. 'There's PLENTY of room!' said Alice indignantly, and she sat down in a large arm-chair at one end of the table.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I wonder if there are hidden meanings behind clips like this one... some of the audio clips are obviously about space, spheres, planets, the music of the spheres, etc. but then there are ones like this that seem completely unrelated.

The "don't let go" and "don't ever let go under any circumstances" bits remind me of lyrics from O and Us Against The World. Obviously "don't let go" is reminiscent of "don't ever let go" from O and "don't ever let go under any circumstances" is reminiscent of "whatever you do, don't let go" from Us Against The World. The moral of the story is to hold on tight, lest you end up like the poor child who fell off the carousel. I wonder if the similarity is a coincidence, or if it's entirely on purpose.

This is a nice theory. I've always figured that ALIENS and Moving to Mars are meant to tie into one another. Both could be interpreted as songs about refugees, and the title Moving to Mars is literally named after a documentary that Mat Whitecross made about refugees. The ALIENS video tells a story about refugee aliens escaping their home planet and the lyrics of the song include lines that could reference communication across outer space ("all the ETs are phoning home," "call me," "call this line").

I do wonder if more songs like this are on the way, and if Alien Radio is indeed a song on MOTS, it could share those themes.

Oh, and remember one of Chris's Instagram live streams last year when he played a bit of David Bowie's Life On Mars? I wonder if that was on purpose and meant to tie in with the songs he was working on for MOTS... he's definitely a Bowie fan and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the band is the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have played Heroes at a bunch of AHFOD tour shows.

And, of course, this happened:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/coldplay-discuss-the-time-david-bowie-shot-down-their-collaboration-request-its-not-a-very-good-song-11848

Chris also said on an Instagram live that there is another song called UFO, and that Us Against the World is an unfinished song... if Iโ€™m not mistaken?

Think about it. Say we are the aliens listening into radio signals from Earth. Earth would be lightyears away so we would be listening to old signals. Thats probably why the audio on Alien Radio is old audio. We are hearing as if we are aliens.ย 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Suhit said:

Just spotted this on Rik Simpson's insta. It was posted two days ago!

Alien Radio.jpg

I wasn't aware Colin and Cuthbert were going to have cameo appearances on the new album! Maybe they'll be in the leaked track, War Of The Werther's?

• Like 2

Quietly hoping that Alien Radio is a slightly different thing from Music of the Spheres. Full version of Legends appeared this morning on You Tube as part of Alien Radio. Possibly a different track released in this format everyday in the run up to the release of new album. This would involve songs we already know or have heard of and be an updated version or as in the case of Legends and Adventure of a Lifetime the songs sound in it's infancy. We already know about us against the world and u.f.o. and they also registered ode to deodorant onย  ASCAP recently, so tomorrow might be interesting and to see if Alien Radio puts out something else...?

• Like 1

There is also a Portuguese signal, but it's mostly "just" a sequence of numbers:

"Receiving transmission, number 3, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 1205, 1215, 1235, 127, 128, 129."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _josemarcelo said:

There is also a Portuguese signal, but it's mostly "just" a sequence of numbers:

"Receiving transmission, number 3, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 1205, 1215, 1235, 127, 128, 129."

That's interesting!

I read about number stations on wikipedia last night (:laugh3:ย ) and the messages transmitted through these stations were often some sequences of numbers.

There are a few elements on alien radio fm that really seem to be taking inspiration from number stations so i wonder how this is going to translate into the launching campaign.ย 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pepperfish said:

Quietly hoping that Alien Radio is a slightly different thing from Music of the Spheres. Full version of Legends appeared this morning on You Tube as part of Alien Radio. Possibly a different track released in this format everyday in the run up to the release of new album. This would involve songs we already know or have heard of and be an updated version or as in the case of Legends and Adventure of a Lifetime the songs sound in it's infancy. We already know about us against the world and u.f.o. and they also registered ode to deodorant onย  ASCAP recently, so tomorrow might be interesting and to see if Alien Radio puts out something else...?

Let me debunk this. The Legends leak had nothing to do with Alien Radio. Legends has been around for over a year now and was only widely leaked today. Ode to Deodorant was registered because it featured in the AHFOD documentary a few years back.ย 

• Like 7

• Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021