✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

3 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

Yall, the dots on the side in ARFM have some that are solid and some that are open. Yesterday there were 3 solid and 7 open. Now its 4 solid and 6 open.

So it could be a countdown. With 6 days remaining until something happens on the site?

• Like 2

Hey all! Been lurking this topic every day (no joke haha) but since the new era I should say: HI ALL! SO HYPED!!! I'm trying to find some answers to things that haven't been answered yet. Let's see if I can contribute.Β 

Love y'all!Β 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

Yall, the dots on the side in ARFM have some that are solid and some that are open. Yesterday there were 3 solid and 7 open. Now its 4 solid and 6 open.

Hey! If you refresh the website. It always changes.

• Administrators
Just now, Koleybolen said:

Hey! If you refresh the website. It always changes.

I looked into this and the javascript code looks to just be a random generator so that theΒ dots change randomly. Don't quote me on that though because I am by no means an expert!

I changed my system time to the 21st April and used the wayback machine to see the website on that same date and there was still 4 dots filled.

5 minutes ago, stephen said:

I looked into this and the javascript code looks to just be a random generator so that theΒ dots change randomly. Don't quote me on that though because I am by no means an expert!

I changed my system time to the 21st April and used the wayback machine to see the website on that same date and there was still 4 dots filled.

Awesome! This is good! I'm giddy!

16 minutes ago, stephen said:

Can confirm, I've looked through all of the js code and the dots on the side are indeed random.

There's a lot of code to support video footage, let's hope they unlock it in the near future ?
Β 

Alright, this might be an extreme reach, but hey. In this snippet (https://alienradio.fm/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ARFM-26.mp3) they're talking about Isomorphism, I'm not at all familiar with isomorphism, but they use graphs with squares and circles aswell.

David Meyer on Twitter: ".@nithinitzme & Vasić, Trapping Sets of Quantum  LDPC Codes https://t.co/ruxBCOlER3 "Conventional definition of a TS from  classical error correction is generalized to address the syndrome decoding  scenario for

Graph Theory with Applications to Engineering and Computer Science -  PDFDrive.com

Edited by LelieJens
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, stephen said:

If one of them plays The Fall of Man then I wonder what the others play?Β 

Signals:

https://alienradio.fm/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ARFM-23.mp3

Gustav Holst composer of The Planets linked to Musica Universalis. Premiered 29th September 1918 at Queens Hall, London

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets

the signal talks about him being born in 21st September 1874.

he died in May 25th 1934

Β 

https://alienradio.fm/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ARFM-16.mp3

This is signal is about Stephenson’s rocket.Β 

The signal about Scotland being a great place for a launch May have something to do with this...

image.thumb.png.8b98860b2c13408ff30f71851669558b.pngThe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, #AnotherColdplayFan said:

Hey guys, just want to let you know that the gdoc has made a lot of progress with the data and I don't want you guys to make an effort on something that's already found, so you can see what we have so far here -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fpj1-mEXKxeQpm5GBrtL8wdIR4bDHOGRVCOsOxFoBvs/edit?usp=sharing

I'm bad with notifications on this forum, so if you want to add something, please feel free to request edit access. ?

so the ARFM-16.mp3 is in german language and this is what he says in it:

"But what i don't understand is that StephensonΒ called it "The Rocket". Yes i know this was one of the first steam engines... oh yeah, but why the roocket. I mean, have there been rockets in 1829? Yes maybe.. wait I'll google it (keyboard typing sounds). Give me a second. ah ok I've foundΒ an article here. Yes, I'm reading it right now.Β It say's, the rocket could be for the drive. They had fireworks in china in the 10th century and guns that look like rockets in the 14th century. yes, but here it say's, that Stephensons named it after a british military gun fromΒ 1804. They have been super fast and covered long distances. So it's a bit like a train. Apparently in York, yes in England. I would really like to see it"

Β 

So it's aboutΒ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephenson's_RocketΒ 

-->Β The locomotive was preserved and displayed in theΒ Science MuseumΒ in London until 2018. It is now on display at theΒ National Railway MuseumΒ in York.

Β 

Whatever that means according to the music?

(i dont have acces yet to the doc, so i will copy it later to it)

Edited by b3ar
found more information

1 hour ago, Clocks9615 said:

Am I the only person who's excited at the prospect of LP9 being a Mylo Xyloto sequel?

I've been excited about this possibility for months. I just wonder if it's going to continue the MX storyline, or if it's going to have entirely different themes. I'm thinking it'll be the latter, just because MX wasn't anywhere near as focused on outer space as these teasers have been... though it's worth noting that the MX comics state that the story doesn't take place on Earth, Silencia is a different world and its inhabitants are similar to humans but look noticeably different.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

I've been excited about this possibility for months. I just wonder if it's going to continue the MX storyline, or if it's going to have entirely different themes. I'm thinking it'll be the latter, just because MX wasn't anywhere near as focused on outer space as these teasers have been... though it's worth noting that the MX comics state that the story doesn't take place on Earth, Silencia is a different world and its inhabitants are similar to humans but look noticeably different.

What if this is a new story within the same universe?Β 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rono3849 said:

Should be interesting to see if they add an extra track to their Japanese CD version ofΒ LP9. I think this has been the case for most of their albums since X&Y, except for VIVA.

Yeah, I'm hoping that too. That's what I'm always longing for when expecting a new album release. I mean, the more the better, right? Is always amazing to have another exclusive song among the standard track listing of, for example, 10 songs and going to 11 lol. Everyday Life was "complete" when I could include Flags on it when the album was released worldwide.

Β 

2 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

This! Coldplay have always had this fascination with space that hasn't directly translated to an album - X&Y was spacey rock but didn't have any other references to space aside from Twisted Logic, Square One, and X&Y. Mylo had a similar feel, but never directly referenced space aside from Moving to Mars. What's odd is that, given that Eno is one of theΒ greatestΒ ambient artists ever and has done spacey songs like Ending (An Ascent), it seemed only a matter of time before Coldplay took the same route - which we saw on Moving to Mars and Aliens.

My dream is still for a bunch of these songs - gigantic space rock epics, glistening synths, chiming and echoing guitars, loud percussion, dreamy piano, and moments of mournful and beautiful ambience that reflects space. If the songs were experimental or sounded like this in any way - takeΒ All I Can Think About is YouΒ as an example - then I think this would be one of their greatest. We have Jon Hopkins potentially coming back, the Dream Team from Everyday Life, maybe Eno and Markus Dravs on the pre-Mylo and pre-Ghost Stories songs, and Jacob Collier (who does beautiful songs as well).Β 

It might be a dream that comes to fruition very soon, but we'll just have to wait and see. There was so much creativity found in Viva and Mylo that seems to have been directed towards a space rock album, so hopefully now is the right time. I also feel really good because this hype and promotion campaign is the greatest they've ever done - so many hints, easter eggs, clues, unreleased songs, samples, even references to the earlier space album I was talking about. The ambitious teasers they've put out signify a much more ambitious (even if it might be pop) album than A Head Full of Dreams or Ghost Stories. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rono3849 said:

Should be interesting to see if they add an extra track to their Japanese CD version ofΒ LP9. I think this has been the case for most of their albums since X&Y, except for VIVA.

Viva had Lost? (the acoustic version), at least my Japanese version of Viva has it.

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

pace aside from Twisted Logic, Square One, and X&Y

White Shadows, Speed of Sound and the Talk video would like a word?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

Okay so I opened the svg file in Illustrator and the ellipses and rectangles (all separate layers) are indeed in a seemingly half-random order:

• the first layers are the bottom 2 "long" rectagles
  • then all the ellipses and rectangles on the last two rows, but not in a logical order light left to right or right to left or column per column, it seems random
  • then the middle 2 "long" rectangles
  • then the ellipses and rectangles onΒ row 2 and 3, again not in a logical order
  • then the top 2 "long" rectangles
  • then the ellipses and rectangles on theΒ first row, again not in a logical order

is there a simple way of converting the file to an animated gif or so that adds all the layers one by one? maybe it shows a pattern or so, idk. No idea how to do it myself, this is actually the first time I've touched a svg file

This probably isn't going anywhere and I've put way too much thought in this but hey, it's not like we have something better to do, right?

I could save it out as an .ai and bring it into After Effects pretty easily to animate the progressionΒ 

it's pretty late for me right now but i could do this in the morning ?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, I ran away said:

White Shadows, Speed of Sound and the Talk video would like a word?

true, those are also space-y songs. In hindsight I may have forgotten a few more as well. But neither X&Y nor Mylo are explicit space albums. That's the message I was trying to get across.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Coeurli said:

Thank you for the updated link§

I will quote something here that's interesting from the findings!

"Could these β€˜crosshaired’ objects represent the Sun and Moon? The only time this year when they line up near this position (where the Sun is below the Big Dipper and the Moon is to its right) is September 3-4, 2021. Release date? (9/3 is a Friday)"

It would explain why they keep showing these and the constellations in the source code, wouldn't it?

That is an intriguing idea! I had a completely different idea about it:

Β 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Koleybolen said:

A L I E N S is actually from 2010 when they kicked chris out the studio for 2 weeks during recording Mylo Xlyoto!

You mix up A L I E N S and Arabesque. The rhythm section of Arabesque was created in a jam while Brian Eno had kicked CM out of the studio ?

• Like 5

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021