Avicii - Lethal Drug (featuring Chris Martin)

yoyo2000

Comme deux gouttes d’eau
Coldplayer
It sounds legit! I hope the full version will be leaked.

Xyloband_99

Graphic Designer
Coldplayer
Yes! I said it was this song when I firs heard the snippet. Could be entirely different but maybe they used the song as a base for the Avicii collab.
Love in A Lethal Dose must be an acoustic style song because in the Mylo Xyloto North American Tour Book there is a plan of setlist of Glastonbury 2011 written by band and There is a song coded LIALD and it is definitely Love in a Lethal Dose. But draw a line on it and replace it with Til' Kingdom Come. So it is possibly an acoustic song. But this collab doesn't seem like acoustic. Maybe they used the lyrics of that song.

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
Love in A Lethal Dose must be an acoustic style song because in the Mylo Xyloto North American Tour Book there is a plan of setlist of Glastonbury 2011 written by band and There is a song coded LIALD and it is definitely Love in a Lethal Dose. But draw a line on it and replace it with Til' Kingdom Come. So it is possibly an acoustic song. But this collab doesn't seem like acoustic. Maybe they used the lyrics of that song.
Yeah that's what I was referring to. But I did forget about that setlist thing. Very interesting!

mboy114

Videographer & Photographer
Coldplayer
How do you people find these things?!?!? LIKE MORE CM AND AVICII MUSIC?!

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
This sounds more alternative-ish, I am surprised.

yoyo2000

Comme deux gouttes d’eau
Coldplayer
How do you people find these things?!?!? LIKE MORE CM AND AVICII MUSIC?!
They could have published a small EP...
They have co-written at least 4 songs together.

Last edited:

coldplaykb

The beat from my heart
Coldplayer
That last line... "love in a lethal dose". I said back in September that this might be the song 'Love in a Lethal Dose' that was written on a wall with other songs from the MX era. Looks like that could be the case. Definitely has a more Coldplay feel to it.

mboy114

Videographer & Photographer
Coldplayer
Okay but like...... the full version leaked on Youtube

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS?!

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Here's a "best guess" at the lyrics...

"All summer we hung round'
On the streets of our hometown
Dreamed about us getting close
Dressing in your wedding clothes"

Sounds like more unused material from the "Wedding Album" that Everyday Life (and to some extent, Mylo Xyloto) originated from about 10 years ago, which makes sense because that's when the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" was first revealed. And for whatever reason Coldplay decided to give the song to Avicii, but Chris still sang on the final version.

The interview that mentions the "Wedding Album" is at toward the end of this recording, for those who will undoubtedly ask for a source :p

VCF

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Well, that's not bad at all for an Avicii song, miles better than Heaven imo. As you said, the lyrics tend to confirm it as a MX/Wedding Album leftover.

The guitar reminds me a lot of Lukas at times.

Last edited: