Camera Suggestions (specifically for Concerts)

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
I know this may be the wrong section to post this in, and mods you can move it eventually, but I was wondering what cameras would you all suggest I get? I've been thinking for a while to get a new camera that's kind of a point and shoot or you can take it into concerts. The pictures I have aren't terrible, but seeing some pictures other people have been able to take I want to get something newer and better.

Suggestions are welcome! :D

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I used a panasonic lumix in the past, the 10x zoom has always come in useful, especially in the stadiums!

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Mike, I have been looking for a new camera too, Angie always recommends a Canon camera, I forget which one, glad you started this thread, would love to hear what everyone recommends

Matter-Eater Lad

K-K-KRUNCH
Coldplayer
I bring a painter with me and have him capture the moment more artistically. I get 1000 hipster points.

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
I used a panasonic lumix in the past, the 10x zoom has always come in useful, especially in the stadiums!
cool! I'll have to check out that brand out! Thanks Ian!

Mike, I have been looking for a new camera too, Angie always recommends a Canon camera, I forget which one, glad you started this thread, would love to hear what everyone recommends
cool! maybe you can find out from her!

I bring a painter with me and have him capture the moment more artistically. I get 1000 hipster points.
:lol:

though you can probably only get one painting done through a whole show so that kind of defeats the purpose Nick...

NumbersGirl

Walker Kitty
Coldplayer
When I get home I'll look at the model I have (some sort of Canon), but it's a really small point-and-shoot and I think the quality is pretty darn good considering that. It has the option to shoot HD vids (most of the ones on my YouTube page you can click up to the HD version). Plus pics themselves turn out pretty good. I can post links to some of my posts here with multiple pics if that would help (and most of those were on the "auto" function, you can probably get better quality when you cutomize the features).

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
Those are some really good pictures lore!

See like for me for example I took these from the RH show and I was in the 2nd row. But I feel the images are too grainy and not as crisp as they should or could be

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
it depends on the lights, I got lots of pics like that too :bomb: I'm a noob so I don't know how to use the camera settings though

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
When I get home I'll look at the model I have (some sort of Canon), but it's a really small point-and-shoot and I think the quality is pretty darn good considering that. It has the option to shoot HD vids (most of the ones on my YouTube page you can click up to the HD version). Plus pics themselves turn out pretty good. I can post links to some of my posts here with multiple pics if that would help (and most of those were on the "auto" function, you can probably get better quality when you cutomize the features).
sure!

I don't think I'm going to buy a camera right away, but will probably wait until Christmas or something. But yeah all of these suggestions have been helpful so far.

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
unfortunately this thread reminds me of a comment that I made re: the Roseland Ballroom shows http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4994991#post4994991
:lol: haha... well I did bring a better camera than the one on my phone which is good.

You can also use flickr if you have a particular camera model in mind, they have an option to search pictures taken by a certain kind of camera http://www.flickr.com/cameras/
good idea! definitely will check that out... thanks!

I am going to be getting an iPhone later this month (as a REALLY belated birthday gift), but I'll try that out and see how the pictures are from that.

shesawsparks

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I've just got one of these, the FS35 model to be exact, haven't had the chance to use it at a concert yet though.

fooby

Captain Haddock
Coldplayer
I'm a Canon user and have owned a few of their DSLRs and a couple of their compacts, and the S95 is VERY good if you can afford it (its the higher end of the compact market). It's also worth noting the S95 has an aperture of f2.0, meaning it let's more light to the sensor making it perfect for low light conditions such as concerts.

NumbersGirl

Walker Kitty
Coldplayer
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS (mine's just plain black)

I don't have it on me but I think it's 4"x2", it can easily fit in your pocket. Even when it's in my carrying case it is still smaller than most guys' wallets, and in the case I can carry an extra memory card, usb stick, and extra battery (it takes less than 10 seconds to swap out the battery, I wasn't able to charge the one in the camera before a concert once and swapped out the battery in the middle of it pretty easily).

the_gloaming09

Feral
Coldplayer
bump... still looking for cameras so more suggestions would be helpful!

I think I'm siding to the Canon s90...

rudy_o

Joy, it's all founded
Coldplayer
My iPhone is good enough for me [/not helping]