Colour Spectrum

karvi22

Coldplayer for life.
Coldplayer
This song should definitely be the first track of the album, just before AHFOD... then it would be perfect!

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Was reading through this thread because I was bored, found this:

I’ve been reading recently about synesthesia, and I realize I probably have that a bit. I don’t think that’s unusual for songwriters. When I think of other people’s songs or albums, often a color comes to mind. The last album we made was supposed to be more silver and blue—two tones, quiet nighttime. With this one we’re trying to do our whole spectrum. The colors we’re missing within the band we tried to bring in with guests and other producers. (Wall Street Journal)
Dude. Freaking. Same. This is exactly how I feel about music and for me sometimes it evolves into certain scenes the song would be most suitable to listen to. No wonder I love Coldplay so much, I associate colors with music just like Chris Martin does. We think similarly like that. And so far in every one of their albums they've nailed what color matches to each song. Good job by them. It also bugs me when I think of a color for a song and then the album cover has a color that's completely different from what I first imagined and I've gotta look at that color every single time I listen to that song now. It switches the color of the song it seems. Which is really annoying. Glad Coldplay does it right...
Also, when I get exposed to the album cover before listening to the music itself which has happened quite a few times the song automatically takes on the color of the album cover for me. It's a weird effect.
Anyone else on the forum find this is the case for them?

alicjanna

Whatcha say?
Coldplayer
Was reading through this thread because I was bored, found this:

Dude. Freaking. Same. This is exactly how I feel about music and for me sometimes it evolves into certain scenes the song would be most suitable to listen to. No wonder I love Coldplay so much, I associate colors with music just like Chris Martin does. We think similarly like that. And so far in every one of their albums they've nailed what color matches to each song. Good job by them. It also bugs me when I think of a color for a song and then the album cover has a color that's completely different from what I first imagined and I've gotta look at that color every single time I listen to that song now. It switches the color of the song it seems. Which is really annoying. Glad Coldplay does it right...
Also, when I get exposed to the album cover before listening to the music itself which has happened quite a few times the song automatically takes on the color of the album cover for me. It's a weird effect.
Anyone else on the forum find this is the case for them?
It sounds like you have synesthesia

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
So this track has your HFTW, AOAL and Kaleidoscope samples, birds from maybe Birds or HFTW again, AHFOD intro extended. But just after the Kaleidoscope sample, what is the sounds that I can bear, what are they? It sounds like perhaps more birds and maybe a female vocal. Does anyone know? Just interested to know

coldplayisawesome

Maybe I'm a ghost
Coldplayer
So this track has your HFTW, AOAL and Kaleidoscope samples, birds from maybe Birds or HFTW again, AHFOD intro extended. But just after the Kaleidoscope sample, what is the sounds that I can bear, what are they? It sounds like perhaps more birds and maybe a female vocal. Does anyone know? Just interested to know
the female vocal always reminds me of Fun