Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
For the Oldplayers, did this album satisfy you??
I wish I could forget it all and listen for the first time again.

Took me about an hour after to pick my jaw up from the floor.

If it wasn’t for Chris’ vocals I would have seriously doubted I was listening to an album released by Coldplay in 2019.

kaisin

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Eko is SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL, it actually took my breath away when I played it for the second time :sob:

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
For the Oldplayers, did this album satisfy you??
Absolutely! There's new stuff unlike anything they've ever done like the gospel inspired Broken and jazzy Arabesque and classic rockers
A referee
Won't stop the fight
Everyone can see I am hurt
:heart_eyes:
So I am flying on my bicycle
Heading out from the Earth
I'm jumping with my parachute
Out into the universe :heart:

My favorite

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
I have no freaking idea how you guys received the leak but your reactions sound like this album is going to be an absolute winner.

I am happy to wait 10 days I think unlike some people

beastwars

Light reflection to fade
Coldplayer
Guns is the first true political song since Violet Hill, and reminded me also of 1.36

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Thanks all for those who replied to my questions! I’m stuck at work and this is the only way to tide me over. Hahaha.

United

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Old Friends" is straight from Parachutes, "Church" is straight from AHFOD while "When I Need a Friend" is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever released by Coldplay.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I have no freaking idea how you guys received the leak but your reactions sound like this album is going to be an absolute winner.

I am happy to wait 10 days I think unlike some people
There’s no songs like ASFOS or Princess of China so I’ll think you’ll be disappointed :joy:

strawberrytom

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Finished my first my first listen more than an hour ago. I'm certainly impressed by how brave they've been with this album, it's certainly experimental and I'm glad they seem to not care that people might not take well to the sound or politics. Having said that, I'm not getting the OK Computer/Kid A feel that some people have mentioned even if a couple of tracks have a slight Radioheadishness about them.

Overall I really like it. There's some gorgeous moments on there but I'm worried they hindered themselves with the double album concept because it slightly feels as if they had to quickly throw more (shorter) songs in to boost the amount of tracks. Some of the shorter songs are amongst my favourites in terms of sound but nearly all of them feel too short sadly and I think this is what's bogging the album down for me. The album almost feels like it's drowned by the shorter tracks, making it seem less cohesive as they dip in and out styles/genres without giving you much time to appreciate that sound and it thins out the feel of the rest of the album. I just feel the album would benefit from some of the shorter songs being longer and then the rest of the short ones being reduced to interludes or perhaps even removed entirely (maybe WOTW nd the chimes interlude) . Otherwise, I think there's a distinct sound running through that really pulls the album together, making it cohesive, it's just that some of the songs feel distracting. I was certainly impressed, just not sure how I view it as a whole.

That being said, I'm about to start my second listen and I hope to be swept away with the feel of the album a little more this time.