Hymn for the Weekend - video

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
But how is it in any way blatant and direct? Im not seeing it. The only thing I see is that they chose a colourful hill /construction in California which happened to have one sentence about Jesus written on it and the Hymn video has a boat with a reference to Mother Mary (to me completely by chance...) and also feature a Hindu-like Goddess. There is nothing religious in their new material that I can see, only references to love, hope and universal feelings like those.
Mostly agree with this, however I do think Chris is more obvious about his religious beliefs than ever before. Before it was little things like "God put a Smile upon your face" and essentially references to God are made but in such a subtle way that a listener who wouldn't believe in God (or any listener for that matter) wouldn't notice it at it's first glance. As they progressed, through Viva, they were a bit more obvious about it, then you get to Mylo and most of it is either subtle or not there at all (as the album is focusing on other things, the story) but for example in the two acoustic songs there are clear references to God. "Oh morning come bursting the clouds amen" and I think a few more times through UATW but I can't remember necessarily at the moment, but in the beginning of U.F.O you can tell it's there. Moving to GS they gravitated towards the mindset now, just with a much darker and cooler feel to it, like they still had the Love button and all, which I'm not sure is neccessarily religious but I think there was more of that type of feel to it throughout, than you have AHFOD with "God is Love" "Oh thanks god" and essentially religion is brought up numerous times throughout the album and in a very noticable way. But I don't think the album is necessarily religious, it's just a part of it and more it's a celebratory happy album that closes at least closes an era for Coldplay, the band is having a lot of fun and they deserve it after a long long time of actually wondering about their future. So that's more of what it's about, not really focusing on religion, but it's more of just something that's just happening.

Kamili

Leave your broken windows open
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
There is also

"Reign of love
By the church, we're waiting
Reign of love
My knees go praying"

and "Cathedrals in my heart". I`ve translated every Coldplay song to my language as a gift for my sister, so I carefully noticed every detail and word because when you translate them, the songs become so real and get special meaning.

D

diogo_sg

There is also

"Reign of love
By the church, we're waiting
Reign of love
My knees go praying"

and "Cathedrals in my heart". I`ve translated every Coldplay song to my language as a gift for my sister, so I carefully noticed every detail and word because when you translate them, the songs become so real and get special meaning.
What an amazing gift! Your sister must've loved it! Is she a Coldplay fan like you? :D

Kamili

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
What an amazing gift! Your sister must've loved it! Is she a Coldplay fan like you? :D
Oh yes,she was 10-11 and I was 15 years old when we started listening them. Now we are 25 and 29 haha. She was even the bigger fan than me at some periods. But now I'm the biggest one! Our youngest sister was 6-7 years old when she started listening Coldplay also at that time. Now she's almost 22.
That's my Coldplay family history haha thanks for asking and listening :)

Is English your mothertongue or you can also translate songs?

D

diogo_sg

Oh yes,she was 10-11 and I was 15 years old when we started listening them. Now we are 25 and 29 haha. She was even the bigger fan than me at some periods. But now I'm the biggest one! Our youngest sister was 6-7 years old when she started listening Coldplay also at that time. Now she's almost 22.
That's my Coldplay family history haha thanks for asking and listening :)

Is English your mothertongue or you can also translate songs?
That's wonderful! In my family only my dad really likes Coldplay. The rest are just casual listeners :)

Portuguese is my mothertongue. I prefer not to translate lyrics, as they tend to sound a lot better in their original language ;)

Kamili

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
That's wonderful! In my family only my dad really likes Coldplay. The rest are just casual listeners :)

Portuguese is my mothertongue. I prefer not to translate lyrics, as they tend to sound a lot better in their original language ;)
Yes of course,but I was brave enough to do it and it was really interesting experience. I saw the lyrics from my point of view because of my language and not only from Coldplay's view. Seemed like I understood more what they were trying to say ;)

P.s. My dad even doesn't know about Coldplay and my mom was forced to know them by being exposed to Chris's voice all around the house 24/7 ;)

D

diogo_sg

Yes of course,but I was brave enough to do it and it was really interesting experience. I saw the lyrics from my point of view because of my language and not only from Coldplay's view. Seemed like I understood more what they were trying to say ;)
Well, that's one of the good things about translating songs - you really get to understand what the songwriter meant/was feeling. The 'less good' part of it is that the rhymes and the musicality disappear almost completely.
P.s. My dad even doesn't know about Coldplay and my mom was forced to know them by being exposed to Chris's voice all around the house 24/7 ;)
Well, good for her! :p

Kamili

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Well, that's one of the good things about translating songs - you really get to understand what the songwriter meant/was feeling. The 'less good' part of it is that the rhymes and the musicality disappear almost completely.

Well, good for her! :p
Yes haha ;) Great that you have at least one fan in your house,your dad :D I've gone even more far,now my husband is being forced to love them and he's going really good: slowly becoming a true fan :D
OmG,we've gone off topic,sorry people ;)

D

diogo_sg

Yes haha ;) Great that you have at least one fan in your house,your dad :D I've gone even more far,now my husband is being forced to love them and he's going really good: slowly becoming a true fan :D
Awesome! Haha!
OmG,we've gone off topic,sorry people ;)
Don't worry about that - you should check the 'LP7 - A Head Full Of Dreams' thread :D

Kamili

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Awesome! Haha!

Don't worry about that - you should check the 'LP7 - A Head Full Of Dreams' thread :D

Haha I can imagine the topic blown away completely :D "Up with birds"

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
my mom was forced to know them by being exposed to Chris's voice all around the house 24/7 ;)
Same here[emoji23]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z220 met Tapatalk

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
:clap::clap: Like Diogo said-good for her and I hope you also have some support in the family :dance:
Well she's not a "fan" but she likes them a lot more starting with when she for the first time heard Everglow, ever since she heard that she finds Coldplay much better ! Im glad she likes them more than before ![emoji2]

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
:clap::clap: Like Diogo said-good for her and I hope you also have some support in the family :dance:
He has, I'm his 'big' brother haha, and our dad has an account on here too but isn't that into social media. He does go to all the concerts with us :dance::dance:

.... back to topic now... haha

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
Oh, nobody knew we're brothers [emoji22] Now everybody knows ! Finally after a long time[emoji23] Really it's not a joke, we are brothers.[emoji3]

Kamili

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
He has, I'm his 'big' brother haha, and our dad has an account on here too but isn't that into social media. He does go to all the concerts with us :dance::dance:

What?? Are you really brothers? :) Oooh that`s so cool! Well, we have a family here : D Good job boys! Include the only woman from the family also :D

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
What?? Are you really brothers? :) Oooh that`s so cool! Well, we have a family here : D Good job boys! Include the only woman from the family also :D
Yes we are !!! Haha, thanks[emoji1]

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

Oh, nobody knew we're brothers [emoji22] Now everybody knows ! Finally after a long time[emoji23] Really it's not a joke, we are brothers.[emoji3]

Sorry for keeping the off topic chat but this is so cool!