If Moving To Mars Was On MX...

Alienbob

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In between Up in Flames and A Hopeful Transmission.

Works thematically, works sound wise, Moving to Mars "closes" the last part of the album before the finale, where everything is resolved.

admnistramation

MX
Coldplayer
MTM would be an obvious standout on the album, it would reflect the wasted potential sprawled over fourteen songs. Better left a b-side, a lost treasure and a legend for those genuinely interested. :nod:

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
I would actually leave it in the same place as the EP - after MM.

jemonn

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've put it after Up In Flames in my playlist to see how well it flows :)

Right, so after UIF didn't sound good, but before UIF, it's sounding good!
Goes from Princess Of China's big pop sound to a darker sound, which fits in with what people have said about the storyline of the album, where PoC represents a fight between the lovers, MtM is dark enough to fit in with the aftermath of the fight, leading onto UIF where he realizes what he's done, which then goes onto the last part of the album which is the happy ending. It fits almost perfectly here, in my opinion.

Strawberry Swinger

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
MTM would be an obvious standout on the album, it would reflect the wasted potential sprawled over fourteen songs. Better left a b-side, a lost treasure and a legend for those genuinely interested. :nod:
Hm well I disagree because, there are , honestly, some songs that do not belong in the album. Personally, I really don't see the point in A hopeful transmission.

roe

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
1. A Hopeful Transmission
2. Don't Let It Break Your Heart
3. Up With The Birds
4. Moving to Mars
5. Mylo Xyloto
6. Hurts Like Heaven
7. Charlie Brown
8. Us Against The World
9. UFO
10. Up In Flames
11. MMIX
12. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
13. Paradise

:deal2:

GTskilled

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Absolutely no sense at all. Some of you should try to understand the album. Then you would not want to see MTM on it. It was the right and only possible decision to let that song off.

H

howyousawtheworld

God! Moving To Mars isn't on the album. Get over it!

Kiame

الى السماء
Coldplayer
1. A Hopeful Transmission
2. Don't Let It Break Your Heart
3. Up With The Birds
4. Moving to Mars
5. Mylo Xyloto
6. Hurts Like Heaven
7. Charlie Brown
8. Us Against The World
9. UFO
10. Up In Flames
11. MMIX
12. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
13. Paradise

:deal2:
That track list makes no fucking sense contextually at all. Really, really messy.

You do understand Mylo Xyloto is a story, right?

H

Hyperfried

In terms of story placement, the lyric "we are meeting for the first time" more or less cements it as a potential album opener. It also sets the scene, in a sense: the setting becomes somewhere foreign, perhaps Mars, jarring us into our plot in the "schizophrenic" way that Chris Martin described.

I've actually edited the album so that Moving to Mars is the opener. It's really cool, and it works.

matan

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i would very happy if MTM was on MX but its not so it pretty sad,its a beautiful song its realy do,i think it was last one

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I LOVE Moving to Mars, but I kinda can't see it fit with the rest of the songs. The mood of the song just does not go along with the rest of MX in my opinion, even though the lyrics do.

kittybitty

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I am really missing MTM. I would put it after UWTB, because once that ends, I am wanting some more!

Dan 6N

Dreaming of the Osaka sun
Coldplayer
I love MTM and I wish it was on the album but I'm not really sure it fits (which is probably why they gave it to us early).

Mark

dafunkmayfractureyournose
Coldplayer
In terms of story placement, the lyric "we are meeting for the first time" more or less cements it as a potential album opener. It also sets the scene, in a sense: the setting becomes somewhere foreign, perhaps Mars, jarring us into our plot in the "schizophrenic" way that Chris Martin described.

I've actually edited the album so that Moving to Mars is the opener. It's really cool, and it works.
It's not a good album opener. At all. It's a decent song, but I think they were right to keep it off MX.

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
I think it's a great song, but I don't really thik it would fit on the album (imo). Plus, if it was on the album another song would probally not be on the album, and I would get sad.:cry:

bdevil89

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think it could either work as an epilogue after UWTB or... the start of a new chapter in the story, anda new album - lol, that would be a trip if they ever thought of doing that.