If Moving To Mars Was On MX...

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Glad it wasn't on the album. Don't think it would have fit. Would have slowed the momentum down in my opinion. (Kinda why I don't like Up In Flames).

Happy that it stayed as a b-side.

Harondor

Aiming my arrows
Coldplayer
The most important is that MTM has been released anyway.
It's a great B-side, and I hope we'll get more new songs for this era

OnlookerDelay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In place of POC for me....
Ditto here! In fact it is in place of POC on the album tracklist on my MP3 player:D I personally find POC unlistenable... it doesn't sound like Coldplay, IMO, and I'm not a fan of heavily distorted synth warbling. Now I've got to find a B-side to take the place of Paradise, and I'll have a solid MX album...

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
moving to mars is so-so to me... and i disagree if the song will come up in the album.

erikd16

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
UFO M2M PoC

I chopped off the ending of UFO that is the beginning of princess and stuck moving to mars in between those two. then at the end of moving to mars while that weird noise plays i slowly fade in the beginning of princess (the part right before the track switches from UFO to PoC.) It fits awesome there

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
Moving to mars instead of UFO and UFO as b-side or as hidden track after UWTB
This.

I've always felt that MX was just a *littly* too short compared to VLV (which I think is the perfect length) because VLV actually has 12 full songs (add ROL and CSC, not to mention the Escapist) while MX only has 11.

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
Hmmm there's a long 20 seconds of synth noise after the song "ends" and I don't want to use iTunes to cut it off coz then it sounds chopped. :/

solarboy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I added a few seconds of silence here and there, but this is what I've done:

Mylo Xyloto
Hurts Like Heaven
Paradise
Charlie Brown
Us Against The World
Moving To Mars
M.M.I.X.
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Major Minus
U.F.O.
Princess Of China
Christmas Lights
Up In Flames
A Hopeful Transmission
Don't Let It Break Your Heart
Up With The Birds

Adding Moving To Mars where I have gives a nice contemplative four minutes between Us Against The World and Every Teardrop. I enjoy it anyway. I've also added Christmas Lights just because I like it and it was obviously recorded in the same sessions as the album proper. It feels, to me, like a small piece of a larger picture painted by Coldplay. But whatever makes you happy on your own playlists is what I say!

Nikola

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
I put it between Major Minus and U.F.O.
Cos on the EP it goes - ETIAW, MM, MTM.
And Mars should be next to the UFO. :D

Also, when I heard it for the first time, it reminded me of WALL-E.
I wonder if they were inspired by that movie...

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
Moving to Mars doesn't belong on MX for the sole fact that it's actually decent.

ediskrad73

Yes!
Coldplayer
ive got it between Major Minus & UFO...its a nice transition between the heavy MM and the chill UFO.

it also works in regards to the full narrative of the story, as the couple is heading for trouble (first identified in UFO), so Moving To Mars could somewhat first display that trouble