Learn Assorted Languages With Assorted Coldplayers

Ms Magpie

oh it's nothing special
Coldplayer
Nah, there are also Icelandic and Faroese. I've started learning Icelandic but it's hard to maintain a high level of motivation and discipline.

coldlocked

llama & lion
Coldplayer
你好~!

(i actually do not know what good i'm doing with this but heeeey if you need mandarin help, i'm willing to help.)

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
^^ I'd swap Icelandic with Finnish as Iceland is not really a part of Scandinavian peninsula. P.S. Learning icelandic must be awesome!

Ms Magpie

oh it's nothing special
Coldplayer
Finnish is far, faaaaaar from being a Scandinavian language and Finland isn't considered part of Scandinavia but if you prefer Finnish, go fer it.

ETA: Comparing Finnish to Germanic languages (i.e. German, Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic etc.) is like comparing English to Chinese, imo. :wreck:

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
I know there's a vast difference between the said languages (finnish forming a group with hungarian, if I recollect rightly), I meant more in terms of geography,at least northern part of the country is considered Scandinavian,non? Oh well, it's been a long while since I had geography lessons.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Finnish is far, faaaaaar from being a Scandinavian language and Finland isn't considered part of Scandinavia but if you prefer Finnish, go fer it.

ETA: Comparing Finnish to Germanic languages (i.e. German, Dutch, Swedish, Icelandic etc.) is like comparing English to Chinese, imo. :wreck:
Doesn't Finnish have like 12 articles or something? :uhoh:

Ms Magpie

oh it's nothing special
Coldplayer
Well, yes, but you can't group languages according to their geographical location, not like that. I mean, you can't say German, Czech, Slovene, and Hungarian are Central European languages based solely on the fact that the countries these languages are spoken in belong to Central Europe. It doesn't make any sense, just like saying you want to learn African.

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer

I read that Finnish is like Turkish , grammar and some words are very similar.. it's realllly far far from other Scandinavian languages.

Abracadabra

I'm good at bad ideas
Coldplayer
Okay, point taken, i didn't mean it that way,not entirely, no need to take it to extremes.

Xencios

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
who wants to learn English?

Oh i do, i do, i do. I speak something but i´m suck in english! Cn you teach me, please? :)

And if anybody wants to i can teach spanish! Just let me know

Darlene_Ihnfsa

Rising
Coldplayer
Does this project is still active?
Any chance I can find a fellow coldplayer to help me learn norwegian?