Unnamed LP9 Thread

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
On the whole X&Y redux thing...

It's so confusing because the album really is a fan favorite and in my opinion, one of their most alternative and epic. I think as an album, it doesn't flow very well and maybe there are too many tracks where Chris is using his falsetto, over and over and over. But the guitar is incredible and the use of organ and synths was flawless.

I'd be curious to see them revisit this era, but I'm also pretty content with it and don't want them to re-record it and make it worse haha

LisaFeehily

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Staying with the space theme, "2024" could be a reference to NASA's 2024 Apollo Moon Mission, Back to the moon. And maybe the car is an old rover (-> lunar rover)? There's also a theme of bringing old and new together in the picture generally as with regards to Music of the Spheres, I learned that this seems to relate back to old theories by scientists Pythagoras and Kepler and their work on the relationship between music, harmonics and geometry, as well as the universe. In that album booklet picture that could be represented by the celestial symbols and geometrical shapes. NASA also seem to be exploring this Music of the Spheres theory further, saying "Lunar exploration is musical" and more on their website, and they're trying to sonify data from space. Perhaps Space Symphony could be a Coldplay adaptation of it? It sounds like a great title for a song either way.

Last edited:

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
View attachment 9853
What does it say at the top? Something symphony, right? Could it be Sphere Symphony?
Space Symphony, aka Moving to Mars. :)

I wonder if they'll end up repurposing more of these old demos like they did with Arabesque and Love In A Lethal Dose (which undoubtedly became the Avicii collab Lethal Drug). Imagine a version of Mining On the Moon, which is an unreleased Viva demo that supposedly exists on the internet but I've never been able to track it down... that title really sounds like a space rock song.

I think Mining On the Moon could be perfect if @LisaFeehily is correct!
Staying with the space theme, "2024" could be a reference to NASA's 2024 Moon Mission, Back to the moon. And maybe the car is an old rover (-> lunar rover)? There's also a theme of bringing old and new together in the picture generally as with regards to Music of the Spheres, I learned that this seems to relate back to old theories by scientists Pythagoras and Kepler and their work on the relationship between music, harmonics and geometry, as well as the universe. In that album booklet picture that could be represented by the celestial symbols and geometrical shapes. NASA also seem to be exploring this Music of the Spheres theory further, saying "Lunar exploration is musical" and more on their website, and they're trying to sonify data from space. Perhaps Space Symphony could be a Coldplay adaptation of it? It sounds like a great title for a song either way.

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
On the whole X&Y redux thing...

It's so confusing because the album really is a fan favorite and in my opinion, one of their most alternative and epic. I think as an album, it doesn't flow very well and maybe there are too many tracks where Chris is using his falsetto, over and over and over. But the guitar is incredible and the use of organ and synths was flawless.

I'd be curious to see them revisit this era, but I'm also pretty content with it and don't want them to re-record it and make it worse haha
My take on why the band dislikes the album so much is because if what you just mentioned... there is no flow. I LOVE the album.. it's a collection of amazing songs/hits .. but that's it. Not good enough for Coldplay :)

Last edited: