✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly hear Beyonce's voice in that... To be honest, if you forget for a moment this is Coldplay and that you have higher/different expectations of this band, I think this is a good RnB song (melody-wise) and fulfills its purpose of being upbeat and catchy. Not too bad overall.

I feel like the band had a music video in their heads for this, and the song is just an afterthought. That's why it has those jungle sound effect things at the beginning. I feel like I'm missing something when listening to this song, and that something is the video.

I had the same feeling.

Someone said the transitions were a bit awkward - that's true. Could've done a better job on beginning and end too.

Also, I have the feelings the snippet part before the Chris buildup should've been repeated twice before the buildup and chorus - that would feel more "right".

Music has a great melody, beyonce's vocals are amazing, the piano is epic, but the lyrics is catastrophic. "Got me feeling drunk and high" This contradicts the story of Coldplay is very, very trash.

You realize in one of the verses he says "life is a drink and love is a drug" so basically he's not actually drunk or high on alcohol or drugs, he feels like hes high on life and love. Just sayin.

Just heard it on bbc radio, its brilliant in my opinion. [emoji2][emoji106] as a fan of hop hop, it's great! Way better than the all the crap drake and lil Wayne put on the radio. Its way better than I expected. [emoji106][emoji106]

Heard this, and not a fan at first listen. Usually can trust Chris and especially Will signing off on songs, but this is just a mess, going to be a first track in a long time that I will be skipping (probably going back to AROBTTH with A Whisper, but at least that's them being them). This is like Lady Gaga's Jewelz and Chainz attempt at gangster rap, but more with a R&B bent. That chorus is terrible, with that bass line - ugh! 1 track in a long while is not bad track record in my opinion. Chris should have guested on this track with another artist. Princess of China had a great beat and drive with awesome guitar hook, this is... I just don't know what to say, Beyonce on the track didn't help either. The mixing/mastering is not the best either. Regardless, i'll need a few more listens, but not what I expected for sure.

Was anyone else completely shocked by the lyrics at first? I hated the song at first, I don't know now. I could definitely listen to it and I'd sing to it live but it's definitely not my favourite. But it's kinda fun and the tune is funky too

Guest howyousawtheworld

I don't mind the chorus (DO NOT LIKE the lyrics though!) but is anyone else thinking that this sounds....dated? Sounds like something I'd hear from 10-15 years ago.