✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I think it will be this year because they mentioned the 100 years in the letter and the date on the posters is 100 years from the nov 22 release date in the letter

Yeah, that is something that crossed my mind as well. Next year won't be 100 years but 101 years.

On that note, IF there is a release next year though...do you think the second poster will see the band in a 1969/1970 setting ? Like, 50 yrs of sunrise and 50 yrs of sunset in that century...

Btw I feel this album is gonna be so political. "How we feel about things"

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

Wow long time since I logged in here :) I just have to say I’m so excited . I definately think those letters are real it has Chris Martin written all over it even the way it’s read . However this is way to slow of paced for my liking lol I need a clip of a song now . I also agree that this is gonna be a very political / world event “ love and peace” album but personally that’s one of my favourite things about Coldplay . Really interested to hear the sound of all of this.

• Like 5

I think the wording in the letter suggests it's all going to be released at the same time.

Makes more sense for them to release now and start tour next year, rather than do a staggered 2-part release.

Far more exciting considering most artists are releasing less music (EPs) so if they do drop a double LP, then I'll be pleased!

• Like 7

Wow!! Just woke up to the news, had to read like 8 pages to catch up!!!!!! Still, I think both “sunrise” and “sunset” will be released at the same time, on Nov. 22; and it has to be THIS year, for the 100 years they’ve been “hibernating” hehehe

• Like 3

Holy crap, I wake up to find the album title is revealed... Everyday Life. I actually quite like that. Fits with the trend of a long album title, then a short one, then a long one, and so on. And we're literally getting a double album?!? This is something I've been hoping for but never expected to happen.

Can't wait!

• Like 2

Every news outlet that has reported this somehow still mentioned they think the person in the poster is Nietzsche even though we have some users here (that I actually trust more) saying it isn't. I dont think these news outlets know any more than us.

• Like 2

Whew, I like the idea of 2 albums Sunset and Sunrise, while I don't really like Everyday Life as a title.

But my gut says that Life is Beautiful will become the Up&Up of Sunrise, no? I just hope that song has a future.

What is Life is Beautiful?

I am a tiny bit concerned about the double format of the album. If it's similar to Foals and The 1975 with their recent 'double album' eras, that's fine, because if one of the sides is infinitely more enjoyable than the other, it'll still feel like a separate body of work. Plus one long era with two loose halves sounds exciting. However the wording suggests that it'll be a double disc album with two contrasting sides, which fair enough, could be amazing if they do it well. I just get weary though as Marina, a pop singer who grew from an indie pop background, released her double album this year and it was a bit of a mess in the sense that one minute it was a two sided album with either side focused on a different theme and then the next minute it was described as two albums to enjoy separetly. The end product, whilst I enjoy it, was overall bloated with 16 songs and many fans thought that a grey deal of the songs were a big step down for her artistically, so it all ended up feeling a bit messy. I'm all for more songs than they usually put on an album but I'm not sure 16+ songs for the sake of a possible gimmick is a great idea if there's not a good enough reason to have that many.

Idk, I hate being the negative Nancy because I think it's silly when fans getting annoyed at something they're yet to know anything about but Marina's album stratedgy has really threw me on the 'double album thing'. It's nice to be able to enjoy a whole album in one sitting, if both sides are meant to be part of the same body of work but are two long to be enjoyed together, that'll be a shame, if both are really short why bother splitting them. I guess we'll see, I'm sure there'll be incredible music either way. I've heard many fans describe GS and AHFOD as sister albums and I agree to an extent, the contrast each other nicely, so an idea like that to a more realised degree would be great!

PS: Sorry if this has tagged a user as a reply, my phone isn't getting on with Coldplaying atm for some reason and it's being a bit weird, quoting stuff randomly, I get rid of the quote but I think it might have still gone through as a reply

• Like 4
  • Angry 1