🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's el

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.  

Posted Images

Whew, I like the idea of 2 albums Sunset and Sunrise, while I don't really like Everyday Life as a title.

But my gut says that Life is Beautiful will become the Up&Up of Sunrise, no? I just hope that song has a future.

What is Life is Beautiful?

I’m disappointed with that album

I’m disappointed with that album name though.

So am I. It sounds dull. All the other album titles were interesting, this one is bland. But hopefully the music is better.

• Haha 1

Oof, yeah, that's probably gonna be on the record.

ehhh, I dont think so. Seems almost like Don Quixote/Spanish Rain. Just a live song that will never see a studio version.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

ehhh, I dont think so. Seems almost like Don Quixote/Spanish Rain. Just a live song that will never see a studio version.

It fits what it seems the record will be about perfectly, though. I'd say it's definitely likely to be on there.

• Angry 1

I am a tiny bit concerned about the double format of the album. If it's similar to Foals and The 1975 with their recent 'double album' eras, that's fine, because if one of the sides is infinitely more enjoyable than the other, it'll still feel like a separate body of work. Plus one long era with two loose halves sounds exciting. However the wording suggests that it'll be a double disc album with two contrasting sides, which fair enough, could be amazing if they do it well. I just get weary though as Marina, a pop singer who grew from an indie pop background, released her double album this year and it was a bit of a mess in the sense that one minute it was a two sided album with either side focused on a different theme and then the next minute it was described as two albums to enjoy separetly. The end product, whilst I enjoy it, was overall bloated with 16 songs and many fans thought that a grey deal of the songs were a big step down for her artistically, so it all ended up feeling a bit messy. I'm all for more songs than they usually put on an album but I'm not sure 16+ songs for the sake of a possible gimmick is a great idea if there's not a good enough reason to have that many.

Idk, I hate being the negative Nancy because I think it's silly when fans getting annoyed at something they're yet to know anything about but Marina's album stratedgy has really threw me on the 'double album thing'. It's nice to be able to enjoy a whole album in one sitting, if both sides are meant to be part of the same body of work but are two long to be enjoyed together, that'll be a shame, if both are really short why bother splitting them. I guess we'll see, I'm sure there'll be incredible music either way. I've heard many fans describe GS and AHFOD as sister albums and I agree to an extent, the contrast each other nicely, so an idea like that to a more realised degree would be great!

PS: Sorry if this has tagged a user as a reply, my phone isn't getting on with Coldplaying atm for some reason and it's being a bit weird, quoting stuff randomly, I get rid of the quote but I think it might have still gone through as a reply

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

I am having trouble understanding the idea behind the letter.

Why not post it to coldplay.com?

Why the signatures? Isn't that a bit too much?

Why share such important news with a very limited number of fans?

Maybe it's fake...

It is 100% not fake. They said they would be full of surprises. It has caught the attention of fans and mainstream media almost instantly so it is definitely working

• Like 9
  • Angry 1

It is 100% not fake. They said they would be full of surprises. It has caught the attention of fans and mainstream media almost instantly so it is definitely working

Why you are 100% sure?

Surely this is authentic. The fact is they're gonna be surprising us every day, they don't want to do the same thing over and over again, this means unusual promotion which is great!

I am so eager for a long album though - this might be their longest of their career which I think is exciting because with every era except VLVODAAHF I've felt there might have been more music released. Now we are getting it, and getting it soon!

Looking forward to some exciting concerts as well. This will not be just arenas, this might be something else entirely. Also probably a lot of unusual places they will want to visit.

• Like 1

I also think the letter is a bit odd but from my experience, if anything related to the band come up and it's fake, someone (or the band) will quickly say it's fake.

If this is fake, we should have their confirmation by now.

• Like 2

If by “Political” we’re talking a vibe similar to Politik/Violet Hill I’m definitely all for that. However, I’m thinking it’s going to be more along the lines of “Life is beautiful” and “We are all one” corniness we’ve come to expect from Chris.

If it is indeed Frederic Nietzsche on the cover I can see a darker direction in the vein of the two aforementioned tunes, given Nietzsche’s philosophy of nihilism.

I think “political” is a scary buzzword to throw around because if it’s not done right it can alienate a lot of people. Could be make or break but I think the band have the tact to do it right.

• Like 7

I think

Whew, I like the idea of 2 albums Sunset and Sunrise, while I don't really like Everyday Life as a title.

But my gut says that Life is Beautiful will become the Up&Up of Sunrise, no? I just hope that song has a future.

I think life is beautiful may have a future as it was quite politically themed

• Like 1

I am having trouble understanding the idea behind the letter.

Why not post it to coldplay.com?

Why the signatures? Isn't that a bit too much?

Why share such important news with a very limited number of fans?

Maybe it's fake...

Maybe because we're about to see an 100 years old band and they are limited to use letters instead of digital media and they are using the fans to spread the news?

I think all of this is part of the concept of the album and to be honest is pretty exciting even though I did not receive any letter :C

Let's just enjoy what is coming

• Like 7

The "esq" in the letter simply means love, which is what the band always write at the end of their post/letters. It's "Eshgh" in Persian. Sa'adi's favorite subject matter incidentally.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Life Is Beautiful again. It's gorgeous, very much Amazing Day Part 2 yet also a song that sums up this band's worldview to a T. However, I'm skeptical that Life Is Beautiful will actually appear on LP8 just because they don't tend to reuse these unreleased songs like Don Quixote, The Dubliners, Wedding Bells, Solid Ground, etc. They might borrow elements from those songs, kinda like how elements of Wedding Bells found their way into Christmas Lights and possibly UFO. But they never appear again, which can be quite a shame because they tend to be quite beautiful.

I can't say unfortunately, you just have to believe me! We have pretty good sources after nearly 20 years :p

I recall Coldplaying admins having some behind the scenes access in the past. So if you folks say it's genuine, I'm quite inclined to believe it. And besides, Debs Wild of all people is known to have an account on here. ;)

• Like 2

Perhaps there will be some of these live songs that have never seen a studio version on the new album