✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

I am having trouble understanding the idea behind the letter.

Why not post it to coldplay.com?

Why the signatures? Isn't that a bit too much?

Why share such important news with a very limited number of fans?

Maybe it's fake...

It is 100% not fake. They said they would be full of surprises. It has caught the attention of fans and mainstream media almost instantly so it is definitely working

• Like 9
  • Angry 1

Surely this is authentic. The fact is they're gonna be surprising us every day, they don't want to do the same thing over and over again, this means unusual promotion which is great!

I am so eager for a long album though - this might be their longest of their career which I think is exciting because with every era except VLVODAAHF I've felt there might have been more music released. Now we are getting it, and getting it soon!

Looking forward to some exciting concerts as well. This will not be just arenas, this might be something else entirely. Also probably a lot of unusual places they will want to visit.

• Like 1

If by “Political” we’re talking a vibe similar to Politik/Violet Hill I’m definitely all for that. However, I’m thinking it’s going to be more along the lines of “Life is beautiful” and “We are all one” corniness we’ve come to expect from Chris.

If it is indeed Frederic Nietzsche on the cover I can see a darker direction in the vein of the two aforementioned tunes, given Nietzsche’s philosophy of nihilism.

I think “political” is a scary buzzword to throw around because if it’s not done right it can alienate a lot of people. Could be make or break but I think the band have the tact to do it right.

• Like 7

I think

Whew, I like the idea of 2 albums Sunset and Sunrise, while I don't really like Everyday Life as a title.

But my gut says that Life is Beautiful will become the Up&Up of Sunrise, no? I just hope that song has a future.

I think life is beautiful may have a future as it was quite politically themed

• Like 1

I am having trouble understanding the idea behind the letter.

Why not post it to coldplay.com?

Why the signatures? Isn't that a bit too much?

Why share such important news with a very limited number of fans?

Maybe it's fake...

Maybe because we're about to see an 100 years old band and they are limited to use letters instead of digital media and they are using the fans to spread the news?

I think all of this is part of the concept of the album and to be honest is pretty exciting even though I did not receive any letter :C

Let's just enjoy what is coming

• Like 7

I wouldn't mind seeing Life Is Beautiful again. It's gorgeous, very much Amazing Day Part 2 yet also a song that sums up this band's worldview to a T. However, I'm skeptical that Life Is Beautiful will actually appear on LP8 just because they don't tend to reuse these unreleased songs like Don Quixote, The Dubliners, Wedding Bells, Solid Ground, etc. They might borrow elements from those songs, kinda like how elements of Wedding Bells found their way into Christmas Lights and possibly UFO. But they never appear again, which can be quite a shame because they tend to be quite beautiful.

I can't say unfortunately, you just have to believe me! We have pretty good sources after nearly 20 years :p

I recall Coldplaying admins having some behind the scenes access in the past. So if you folks say it's genuine, I'm quite inclined to believe it. And besides, Debs Wild of all people is known to have an account on here. ;)

• Like 2

ehhh, I dont think so. Seems almost like Don Quixote/Spanish Rain. Just a live song that will never see a studio version.

Perhaps there will be some of these live songs that have never seen a studio version on the new album

Whew, I like the idea of 2 albums Sunset and Sunrise, while I don't really like Everyday Life as a title.

But my gut says that Life is Beautiful will become the Up&Up of Sunrise, no? I just hope that song has a future.

Maybe even a single? Yes?

I was just listening to Life Is Beautiful! It's one of the songs that give me a VIVA vibe. I don't know why, I just get it. The choruses do give me goosebumps. Jonny's guitar riffs are amazing. The chords sound so beautiful along with Will's drum parts and I think apart from Chris' uncontrolled singing skills (especially the 1st time in San Diego) it's a great song. Gets me everytime I listen to it. I know it's written for people who have died due to a natural disaster, I believe. I miss the song and I still hope (after all these years) they will release the official audio eventually!

• Like 2

ehhh, I dont think so. Seems almost like Don Quixote/Spanish Rain. Just a live song that will never see a studio version.

I also don't think this one will be released, unless it has evolved to something else..

What my mind is still trying to figure out is if it’s 2 albums released on November.. or only one of them. Also how many tracks there are on each.

Maybe “Everyday Life” is just the name of a song? Though I also read into it as the album title... So many questions.

I was just listening to Life Is Beautiful! It's one of the songs that give me a VIVA vibe. I don't know why, I just get it. The choruses do give me goosebumps. Jonny's guitar riffs are amazing. The chords sound so beautiful along with Will's drum parts and I think apart from Chris' uncontrolled singing skills (especially the 1st time in San Diego) it's a great song. Gets me everytime I listen to it. I know it's written for people who have died due to a natural disaster, I believe. I miss the song and I still hope (after all these years) they will release the official audio!

They said once that the profit from the song would fund the 2017 Puebla earthquake victims, in Mexico (That's why the lights in stadiums turned green-white-red). The song was never released though! I guess it has some Don Quixote/Spanish Rain elements in it, especially the ole-oles, that's why it sounds VIVA-esque

• Like 3

They said once that the profit from the song would fund the 2017 Puebla earthquake victims, in Mexico (That's why the lights in stadiums turned green-white-red). The song was never released though! I guess it has some Don Quixote/Spanish Rain elements in it, especially the ole-oles, that's why it sounds VIVA-esque

Indeed!!!

Hadn't heard that song in a long time.

Sorry for going off-topic by the way :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I Think the letter is cool. Clearly they are going for an old band vibe with this album with the promo image/poster and the 1919 year relating, back then you would probably send letters to promote as wouldn’t be a facebook or internet to do so.

I think the promos will change the closer and closer we get to November 22. As they would have in everyday lift over the last 100 years but that’s just my guess. Whatever happens i need this new album now!!!

• Like 2
  • Angry 1