✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

We could also take into account that the writing and production of GS and AHFOD took less time than the previous albums. I'm willing to bet Chris has a full hard drive of songs and ideas, and that the band probably already have enough material where they can put together an album relatively quickly if they wanted to.

Unless this past year has been a total refresh and they are completely changing direction once they get back to work next year...

It also seems they are more efficient making music ever since their new recording format of splitting time between LA and London.

Another thing to note is the time of year they've gone back into the studio to record (I don't know if this has been brought up before)-

AHFOD- Dec. 2014

GS- Feb. 2013

MX- Nov. 2008

VLV- Nov. 2006

X&Y- Jan 2004

AROBBTH- Sept. 2001

Parachutes- Nov. 1999

They start recording almost exclusively around the beginning of a new year (after summer touring season, it seems).

So we will likely get the AHFOD album/dvd later this year (Nov/Dec). There will probably be a bit of a promotional phase for it, (even though that feels a bit odd, 3 years removed from the album's release and a year after touring ended) then they get back in the studio sometime early 2019?

@jc90 's prediction seems about right. Mid-2020 makes sense, a little earlier if we are lucky. I feel like as next year rolls along, the band will want to do shows sooner rather than later, too.

• Like 6

o we will likely get the AHFOD album/dvd later this year (Nov/Dec). There will probably be a bit of a promotional phase for it, (even though that feels a bit odd, 3 years removed from the album's release and a year after touring ended) then they get back in the studio sometime early 2019?

I don't see the band themselves doing much promo on it. Might just be a tweet, a post from Anchorman, and away she goes. My memory is always crap with this, but have the band members done any promo with past live album/dvds? If so, what does that entail? I don't see it being very involved anyways. I don't think they're going around the world pushing this new/old live album.

What im trying to say and what im hoping is they'll stick close to the Nov 2018 date to get back in the studio.

Either way, I guess its only a difference of a few months, and either way, its very exciting to hear this!

I don't see the band themselves doing much promo on it. Might just be a tweet, a post from Anchorman, and away she goes. My memory is always crap with this, but have the band members done any promo with past live album/dvds? If so, what does that entail? I don't see it being very involved anyways. I don't think they're going around the world pushing this new/old live album.

What im trying to say and what im hoping is they'll stick close to the Nov 2018 date to get back in the studio.

Either way, I guess its only a difference of a few months, and either way, its very exciting to hear this!

All I know is that Live 2012 premiered in theaters worldwide for like a limited time.

For Ghost Stories Live, it was premiered on primetime television and the band had a night with family and friends for the film.

So yeah, it probably won't be much of a promotion ("promotion phase" was probably a bit of an exaggeration on my part), but clearly there was a lot of work put into it so I could see it being in theaters and the band doing a premier night or something.

I think the most exciting thing about a new era and new recording phase is what sounds the boys will mess around with. I'd love the guys to tease/share their ideas. A recording diary almost. The year off will only do wonders! Obviously AHFOD was very premeditated after the almost forced creation of Ghost Stories to help Chris express his life on the record. AHFOD was always the day of the night which was GS.! Not that they tied their own hands, but they had it all planned out. I think the best things will come now, no shackles, no emotional baggage it seems? Everyone hopefully refreshed. Will be interesting to see where this LP8 thread is in 18 months!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Surprises are by nature surprising! We have no idea what is next. PH just took to twitter to hint at a few things.

[MEDIA=twitter]1057327483672915968[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1057327483672915968

[MEDIA=twitter]1057319539598184448[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1057319539598184448

So we are on the trampoline. What is going to be so different about the next universe?

Ideas:

1. A Coldplay founded record label.

2. A Guy Berryman centric & produced Coldplay album.

3.???

• Like 4

I know it existed!! but I couldn't find it aha.

now,

how to delete thread

threads merged :)

that trampoline thing sure sounds exciting. is Phil reliable when it comes to this stuff? I know Chris can't be trusted and I usually only trust Will haha

• Like 3

I'm not sure if Phil is talking about things to come in the movie or things to come for the future of Coldplay here, but if it's about the future of Coldplay, I sure hope the next universe sounds very different from the past few. Coldplay has done that "massive pop" thing in various guises now, I really hope they do something else.

• Like 5

I'm not sure if Phil is talking about things to come in the movie or things to come for the future of Coldplay here, but if it's about the future of Coldplay, I sure hope the next universe sounds very different from the past few. Coldplay has done that "massive pop" thing in various guises now, I really hope they do something else.

Yeah as long as it’s not hillbilly country or death metal XD

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
A well known and with very good reputation portuguese music magazine just announced that a Coldplay concert in Lisbon is going to happen in 2019.

Phil said they won't be touring until 2021 but this magazine is trusteable.

The link to the rumour: https://bit.ly/2OCLXxG

Fingers crossed that this is true! It would be my first Coldplay concert and it would be so close to my home! Although this article points out that the source used by the magazine doesn't get ir always right: https://goo.gl/nge19H

I guess we will have to wait and see here this goes.

^Seems unlikely...

Like why would they announce ANOTHER tour or even new concerts/new music when they are promoting an Amazon film and a big live album in December?

It already seems like too much promoting a film and live album, so a whole new era starting would be crazy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to be true, but it seems like a lot.

SIDE NOTE: I did have a crazy vivid dream over the weekend, which in a lot of ways idealizes what I hope LP8 to be:

I woke up to check my phone and had notification about a new Coldplay album and tour launching in early 2019. The album had similar artwork to the Butterfly Package (the same artist and collage style) with a tanned/light brown background. There were lots of cool little details and designs, kind of looked like an array of little 19th century style drawings, all of the colors were more muted like the Viva era. Kind of hipster-y but I dug it. The album title was just one word, but I can't remember what. The press release said Life Is Beautiful was going to be a single, a couple songs were only Will Champion on guitar?, and that the whole album was going to be stripped down, organic, and of course unlike anything they've done before. It was reminding me of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album a lot for some reason, and I assumed that it was recorded during the 2016/2017 tours, since they brought a studio on tour with them. The last thing I remember was scrolling through the tour dates and seeing my city and being like "man, I'm gonna drop another $300 on a Coldplay concert" and then I woke up :(

• Like 5

Yeah I seriously doubt they would tour this early, especially after promoting the documentary and live album. So take all this with a grain of salt. I personally don't expect any sort of announcement or a new album until Mid-2020.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I understand all you're saying. I'm also a little sceptical about this.

But the 'insider' who said this is known for predicting this kind of stuff. Yes, he fails sometimes too. This could one of the ones where he's wrong, but who knows.

Perhaps it's the kaleidoscope tour Chris said a while back or a Parachutes 20th anniversary tour... Who knows what's going in those little heads.

• Like 1

Yeah I seriously doubt they would tour this early, especially after promoting the documentary and live album. So take all this with a grain of salt. I personally don't expect any sort of announcement or a new album until Mid-2020.

Unless....Coldplay's next "surprise" is a tour... but not an album promotion tour! It is the end an era and maybe the band feels like it would be a good time to play their hits from every album... just a guess...

• Like 2

Unless....Coldplay's next "surprise" is a tour... but not an album promotion tour! It is the end an era and maybe the band feels like it would be a good time to play their hits from every album... just a guess...

Nah I think AHFOD covered that...

And it feel strange to tour Kaleidoscope 2 years after it’s release when it’s only a 5 track EP.

Coldplay’s next album + tour should ideally be in 2020 onwards to mark their next chapter beginning with the new decade. Otherwise it might just feel like twisted logic...

• Like 4

Well, Chris Martin is singing in a lot of benefit concerts.

So, I think is not impossible that he and the rest of the band will play some concerts this summer. No tours, just some concerts in festivals.

A 20th anniversary "tour" would be great, playing the older songs like Spies, High Speed, Bigger Stronger... but maybe, the do a little tour this summer to present at hte end of 2019 a new disc, like they did in 2011 with MX. Not in vain, 4 years have passed since the last album was released ...

Who knows...

• Like 4

As said above, I think they pretty much did a hits tour with AHFOD. BUT they could just release an album and not tour it. I read in Deb's book last night that they put the acoustic album that was going to be LP5 on hold to do MX. They said they would return to it after but obviously they never did. I guess there is always a possibility they could release something that but I have my doubts.

Also I agree about not starting a new era til the new decade. It just kinda fits, however I wouldn't say no to an acoustic album in the meantime to hold us over. Kind of like a transition album. Who knows though, only time will tell, and before you know it we will he talking about it here.

Remember when the AHFOD title was first announced? Now here we are with the era pretty much over and a documentary coming out. Time just flies.

Side note, it would be awesome if they did a another end of the decade sale too!

• Like 3