✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

17 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

What are everyone's favourite rather long and potentially multi-part songs? (besides Everything's Not Lost and Up&Up of course ? )

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Paramore - Future

That's one of my favorite bandsΒ ?

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

It will be very interesting to see how It will progress. With such long songs the magic is in progression and how it is built up.Β 

I just hope it's not too good, because from my experience when I listen to a really great 10 minute song many times, time goes really fast. Just kidding, I'm ready to listen it until the morning or until I just fall asleep while listening.Β ?

But some long songs... Of course I like lots of these, but some of which I listen right now:

Mew - Comforting Sounds

Then of course Jon Hopkins has some good ones. For expample Open Eye Signal.Β 

Nils Frahm - All Melody

M83 - Solitude

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

What are everyone's favourite rather long and potentially multi-part songs? (besides Everything's Not Lost and Up&Up of course ? )

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Another long Muse song I love is Unnatural Selection. And there's the gorgeous Exogenesis: Symphony which is divided into three parts and goes on for about 13 minutes.

Snow Patrol's The Lightning Strike is 16 minutes and 18 seconds long. It's considered a single song but it's divided into three tracks.

There are a bunch of long Oasis songs on their Be Here Now album. All Around The World is 9 minutes 20 seconds long and it's the longest song they ever released. It just goes on and on and on and on and on until it finally fades out. There's also an instrumental reprise. So in a way the whole song is actually about 11 and a half minutes long.

Edited by 42Escapist
  • Like 3

I had to repeat it... My first impression: Beautiful.

It feels like the right song to close the album, and it will fit perfectly to close concerts.

And as I predicted, Mr. Buckland guitar in all its beauty...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion