✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

29 minutes ago, ToniMoreno said:

I'm sorry to break the general positive climate towards the new LP, but after a first listen I have to say that it seems quite weak.

I see it with the defects of EL (too "experimental" and heterogeneous) and AHFOD (too pop and empty sound). It just gives me the impression that there is half an album left over.

I read many praising the song of the infinite sign, but what do they see? it is a monotonous synthesizer sound with people shouting in the background and very softly "olΓ© olΓ©" as if we were in a bullring or a football match. Musically what does that contribute?

I see that it is an album where the synthesizer, electronic sounds and effects and Chris's voice distortion are abused too much, while Johnny's guitar and Guy's bass are hard to hear on many songs, aren't they a band of 4? I am very sorry about this, before most songs had a really cool guitar solo from Jhony and meolidos guitar and bass that one could follow. Now nothing. all very "chunda chunda", very electronic .

The studio version of People of the Pride carries perhaps the best thing about this song: Chris's classic voice! In the live versions it was like traveling back to Viva la Vida, with the same intonation and tone as then, but the studio version loads all of that with distortions. Very disappointed to be honest, most of the songs don't sound like "coldplay" to me at all. I think this album and EL would have improved a lot if they had separated what are properly "songs" from "experiments". It is incredible, there is an "instrumental" track of clappes, but what the hell is this?

For me, Coloratura, People of the Pride, Humankind are saved and in a second level of demand High Power and Let Somebody Go (which I expected much worse), the rest seems to me, in general, VERY expendable.

Haven't listened the album but based on what you're mentioning, MOTS II/III would make more sense and maybe there will have the 'whole' thing... Just an idea.

Ok I haven't listened to the album in full so far, I've read all the previous opinions, which are extremely heterogeneous as usual, BUT I assume that the interludeΒ ?Β must be objectively weirdΒ as almost everyone agrees on this point.... so I'm curious to listen to it now

I will listen to the whole albumΒ tomorrow however

Just so you know, a lot of the leaks floating around are using the single versions of HP, MU and Coloratura, which don't have the proper transitions between tracks (which is why some people are saying the transition between MOTS2 and MU is so abrupt). The proper album versions flow more smoothly.

Β 

Edit: A way to tell whether you have the right versions: the album version of HP should start with some sound from MOTS before the "3 2 1" (the single version is just silent before the "3 2 1") and the album version of MU should have crowd noise during the intro.

Edited by The_Blue_Room
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

I am not very interested aboutΒ critics opinions, sometimesΒ they seem to want to impose their idea of coldplay beyond the real quality of the music produced.

β€œHere is the part of the Coldplay review where we need to discuss Chris’ eternally frustrating words. To his credit, the singer has admitted he’s not a great lyricist”.Β 

Wow! So original!

β€œAnd now the moment that all of you are waiting for: the lyrics”

Instead I’m much more interested in opinions on this forum, sincere, honest, both positive or negative.
My opinion is that this is an album that you may not like, but it works, it’sΒ circular. Yes, probably many of you will not like it, butΒ I feel thatΒ it seems to be consistent also in its dislike. InΒ AHFOD, for example, IΒ have the feeling of finding pop songs scattered here and there, whileΒ here I can consider all the albumΒ a real concept. About general quality a song likeΒ ColoraturaΒ is unrivaled compared to any song on that album. MOTS seems insteadΒ much closer to MX. I still remember the reaction of many of us (and myself for sure!)Β the news of Princess of China with a feat with RihannaΒ (Rihanna ???), or after Β firstΒ listening ofΒ Para (paraparapara) dise. However,Β after many years,Β I believe that MXΒ was an album with too many prejudices, that were partially overcome.
In conclusion,Β I’m quiteΒ satisfiedΒ about this album. Certanly itΒ won't be the best in their catalog orΒ the most inspired, but have anΒ idea (good or wrong it be) andΒ makes me appreciate even about worst partΒ as a part of the whole. Just like us, poor Humankind!

Edited by kupiz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, shred said:

I actually feel the transition between songs don't flow well for most.

And I'm listening to it on Spotify...

Hmm, that's strange. I downloaded a Dolby Atmos version of the album with the proper transitions but I couldn't find a correct stereo version. I wonder if it's correct on the CD?

I'll fetch my CD tomorrow in an electronics store however I'm very curious to listen toΒ Coloratura;Β I'veΒ  purpously been avoiding that one to experience on my first playthrough.

Know its like 10 minutes or something so I hope it delivers a nice musical experience.

• Like 2

Ok

Higher Power - 6,5 ( for the ending)

Humankind - 8(Decent)

Let Somebody Go - 7 (Like the song, but not the drum machine etc.)

Human Heart - 7 (Beautiful song, but a bit boring?)

People Of The Pride 8,5 (Like it a lot actually)

Biutyful - 4 (If it was Chris normal voice throughout the song and real drums perhaps I'd double the rating)

My Universe - 5

Infinity sign - 6,5 (John Hopkins, but with annoying clap sounds)

Coloratura - 9,5

Won't rate the short ones.

Β 

Β 

Had to change it a bit, Humankind is actually very good.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 1

Alright so since I missed the leaks, does the album stream at 12:00 local time or British time (I'm in Italy, so there's a 1 hour time difference between here and the UK). I'm so tired and I think I can hold out untill 12, but 1 is too much ?

3 minutes ago, Eskapist said:

@kupizΒ I always thought that Mylo Xyloto was an album made by a depressed person who suddenly discovers happinness ( Chris ? ) ... and his happiness is as strong as was his sadness before. That must be false but I like that idea.

So true, I feel the same sensation of happiness research. AndΒ after all, ChrisΒ needed it in that moment…

Ps: you have the nickname of my favourite Coldplay (and Jon!) track, I can only beΒ agree with you! ???

I don't understand how they've been postingΒ daily on socials latelyΒ but not actually shared info onΒ launch times or confirmed whether LSG is a single or not.Β 

It launched midnight in Australia I believe so should be midnight in Italy and everywhere elseΒ too.

9 minutes ago, kupiz said:

So true, I feel the same sensation of happiness research. AndΒ after all, ChrisΒ needed it in that moment…

Ps: you have the nickname of my favourite Coldplay (and Jon!) track, I can only beΒ agree with you! ???

Haha thanks ! You mean that's Jon favourite track of the band too ? Didn't know that !Β 

45 minutes ago, The_Blue_Room said:

Hmm, that's strange. I downloaded a Dolby Atmos version of the album with the proper transitions but I couldn't find a correct stereo version. I wonder if it's correct on the CD?

My first listen was in the car so could be that. Getting the CD today so will have it on my proper stereo when I'm home so that might change my mind.Β 

4 minutes ago, only.your.imagination said:

I find this timezone thingΒ frustrating actually

I rather see it as New Zealanders are time travelers. It helps and also it goes with the well known Back To The Future thematicΒ ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kupiz said:

I am not very interested aboutΒ critics opinions, sometimesΒ they seem to want to impose their idea of coldplay beyond the real quality of the music produced.

β€œHere is the part of the Coldplay review where we need to discuss Chris’ eternally frustrating words. To his credit, the singer has admitted he’s not a great lyricist”.Β 

Wow! So original!

β€œAnd now the moment that all of you are waiting for: the lyrics”

Instead I’m much more interested in opinions on this forum, sincere, honest, both positive or negative.
My opinion is that this is an album that you may not like, but it works, it’sΒ circular. Yes, probably many of you will not like it, butΒ I feel thatΒ it seems to be consistent also in its dislike. InΒ AHFOD, for example, IΒ have the feeling of finding pop songs scattered here and there, whileΒ here I can consider all the albumΒ a real concept. About general quality a song likeΒ ColoraturaΒ is unrivaled compared to any song on that album. MOTS seems insteadΒ much closer to MX. I still remember the reaction of many of us (and myself for sure!)Β the news of Princess of China with a feat with RihannaΒ (Rihanna ???), or after Β firstΒ listening ofΒ Para (paraparapara) dise. However,Β after many years,Β I believe that MXΒ was an album with too many prejudices, that were partially overcome.
In conclusion,Β I’m quiteΒ satisfiedΒ about this album. Certanly itΒ won't be the best in their catalog orΒ the most inspired, but have anΒ idea (good or wrong it be) andΒ makes me appreciate even about worst partΒ as a part of the whole. Just like us, poor Humankind!

I can only agree with this. Music in general is purely subjective, so this album may orΒ may not like, but is clear to anyone that it has an idea behind, a concept. AHFOD for example, was a mix of songs, not connected from anything. I prefer to listen something that gives me the idea of been studied. In MOTS, there are some songsΒ that I don’t like, but all in all is a good project for me. I’m hyped for MOTS II yet!

Edited by marcofratini
  • Love 4

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion