✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

2 hours ago, LisaFeehily said:

Maybe it wouldn't be suicide, but they'd probably kill off a good chunk of their fan base if they continued with more of MOTS1.

If MOTS1 killed part of their fanbase, I guess they must have killed even more with Mylo Xyloto, Ghost Stories, A Head Full Of Dreams and Kaleidoscope...

• Like 1

I'll be disappointed if one of the MOTS volumes is a live album and right now I don't think one will be. Vol. 1 is definitely my least favorite Coldplay album and kind of pushed me away from listening to Coldplay over the past few months,  but I'm hopeful they can do better.

A lot of artists right now have been putting out albums back-to-back far more quickly than the traditional 3-4 year album cycle. We know Chris is a song-writing machine and recent AHFOD demo leaks reveal there's great songs that could still be revisited by the band. I think it's totally possible that Vol. 2 is a very alternative record (think more songs like Coloratura) and that Vol. 3 in a couple years could return to pop and collabs. This would please critics and fans and appeal to everyone over a 2-3 year period. If MOTS era is just Vol. 1, an EP and some live stuff, I'm really not gonna like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, dxm3557 said:

By the way, in case you don't know yet, that EP is fake, both its title and cover art. The tracks are real, though Break of Dawn is actually called Vampire Symphony. That version was also manipulated/edited by the leaker, they created the EP, mashed up together two different takes of Vampire Symphony and renamed it as Break of Dawn. The song is mostly accurate to its original version, though, but still not the original due to the mixing and the leak having those hideous filtered vocals. Thought you should know so we can avoid any eventual misinformation regarding the fake EP.

Eh, how do you know this? ?

On 12/17/2021 at 7:15 AM, lennyrott1 said:

I'll be disappointed if one of the MOTS volumes is a live album and right now I don't think one will be. Vol. 1 is definitely my least favorite Coldplay album and kind of pushed me away from listening to Coldplay over the past few months,  but I'm hopeful they can do better.

A lot of artists right now have been putting out albums back-to-back far more quickly than the traditional 3-4 year album cycle. We know Chris is a song-writing machine and recent AHFOD demo leaks reveal there's great songs that could still be revisited by the band. I think it's totally possible that Vol. 2 is a very alternative record (think more songs like Coloratura) and that Vol. 3 in a couple years could return to pop and collabs. This would please critics and fans and appeal to everyone over a 2-3 year period. If MOTS era is just Vol. 1, an EP and some live stuff, I'm really not gonna like it.

If they were going to do that alternative record, wouldn't it make more sense to release it with a different name and visual theme? 

Edited by Famous Old Painter

On 12/17/2021 at 1:09 AM, HowCouldIForget said:

People love saying this. 

The fact that they released Magic as a single and not only was there no backlash but it charted at #14 on the Hot 100 tells me nothing they could do would be suicide. They put out just about the most soulless song I've ever heard and made $$$.

Magic is great stfu

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

hahaha we're all newbies now!

yeah there's been an update, newbie @stephen knows the details I assume

Yes! You guys aren't newbies lol. I upgraded the server which ended up causing a load of problems with the database. It took the past few days to fix, and when I upgraded the forum software, I left it there because I'm exhausted lol. Expect them to revert back to normal soon!

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

Yes! You guys aren't newbies lol. I upgraded the server which ended up causing a load of problems with the database. It took the past few days to fix, and when I upgraded the forum software, I left it there because I'm exhausted lol. Expect them to revert back to normal soon!

Thanks newbie! I can't wait til I'm a Grand Master

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

So, they are still working on Music of the Spheres continuation pieces, but after that 3 more albums? This means all the volumes of Music of the Spheres will eventually make up one album? Anyway, that's a lot of music coming over the next years. If everything will go as they planned then 2025 Christmas will be quite an emotional time though...

20 hours ago, CP-EST said:

So, they are still working on Music of the Spheres continuation pieces, but after that 3 more albums? This means all the volumes of Music of the Spheres will eventually make up one album? Anyway, that's a lot of music coming over the next years. If everything will go as they planned then 2025 Christmas will be quite an emotional time though...

That would depend on whether Chris sees MOTS as three albums or one big one. If they're separate, there will only be one non-MOTS album before the end of Coldplay.

• Like 3

Its interesting to think about. :thinking:

I mean they started recording GS in spring 2013, released it in May 2014 and then AHFoD came out in December 2015. I never thought they'd release two albums that close. 

I bet whether the global situation has improved by then will have a great effect. I'm up for anything that sounds like the early music, that alternative sensibility plus their modern, positive perspective. That would be fascinating. 

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...