✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Maybe they won't tour in between, especially they won't tour with the musical because it is the film. So, that leaves only one album to tour, as for the last one they will tour cause it is the last album after which they will only tour as Chris has said.Β 

• Like 2

I think they will tour for MOTS project also in 2023, if they can and then the next big tour will probably start in 2026, after the release of album Coldplay.

So this leaves 2024-2025 to finish and release the rest of the "things". I don't see them having tours for whatever they release during between MOTS and Coldplay.

We're not even actually sure how much they will release, at least I'm confused. I'm still thinking that MOTS will have at least one continuation EP, but then they will release three more albums. Just quoting, what Chris said in December to Jo Whiley "we are working on this album Music of the Spheres and THEN we have three more things after that."

So in addition to "musical" and "Coldplay" there might be one more album, which I think might be a collection of unfinished/unreleased and reworked songs, which they have collected over the years.

These are just my guesses, based on the information I have read or heard. I wrote about it in here also:

Β 

https://coldplaying.com/forums/topic/82093-three-more-coldplay-albums-to-come-last-one-in-2025/page/2/#comment-5764096

Β 

9 hours ago, Divutian said:

I'm just confused on how they're gonna release three whole studio albums with respective tours in the span of under four years?

That occurred to me too but they probably won't do a major tour again until 2025/2026 after this one, which will no doubt go on right into 2023 with multiple legs. I'm more concerned about the tight turnaround for three albums in three years and how rushed that feels but I shall remain faithful in their grand plan.Β 

p.s., it's absolutely crazy we're thinking about dates like 2025/2026 because it feels like Ghost Stories only came out yesterdayΒ 

• Wow 1

Hmmmm I'm not sure what to think about all of this. Mylo Xyloto seemed like their best shot at doing a music film, but I don't see them revisiting that era in any meaningful way. Though, we were promised UATW Silver Bird...Β 

I'm just wondering what the musical film would include? Would it be like Beyonce's Lemonade where it's one long music video that's mostly just visual vignettes? Maybe a song/story per planet situation? Or is Chris talking about a literal musical that's a performance that tells a story? Is it live-action? Animated? Is it in the MOTS era or a new era? I have to give them credit I really have no idea what to expect.Β 

I'm overall very open to this, but agree that it could go terribly wrong. Coldplay already attracts criticism and Chris can occasionally be brilliant but he can also be corny. The music needs to be good first and foremost. You can look at many plays that have jsut mediocre stories, but great music saves the day (cough* Hamilton *cough)

So, how are we all feeling about Let Somebody Go as the next single? I do like the idea that it's going to be released around/for Valentines Day but it just seems like too safe an option. Whilst it gained a little traction during album release because of the collaboration with Selena, nearly 4 months later it's not going to have the same impact or radio play.Β 

I would have loved to have seen them take a bit of a risk with People of the Pride (they might still who knows) and really capitalise on the pop/punk resurgence as of late.

Maybe one day...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clare42 said:

So, how are we all feeling about Let Somebody Go as the next single? I do like the idea that it's going to be released around/for Valentines Day but it just seems like too safe an option. Whilst it gained a little traction during album release because of the collaboration with Selena, nearly 4 months later it's not going to have the same impact or radio play.Β 

I would have loved to have seen them take a bit of a risk with People of the Pride (they might still who knows) and really capitalise on the pop/punk resurgence as of late.

Maybe one day...

It was unfortunately expectable and is probably, from a marketing point of view, an understable move to get the Selena target audience onboard (and let's face it, to collab with such a big name and NOT make it a single would probably be a snub to the other artist) but I wish they would have chosen Humankind orΒ People of the Pride instead. I think Let Somebody Go is a weak song musically, and lyrically it's a rehash of Everglow. Especially for a band like Coldplay who has done much, much better ballads all throughout their career, their legacy (and now that they're drawing to a close there are not many more chances left to impact it) would benefit more from unexpected choices and demonstrating their bandwidth.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'd like to think we'll have one more single coming out quite soon, in fact almost together with Let Somebody Go. Either Humankind or People of the Pride. It would be quite similar to Mylo Xyloto. They made Princess of China a radio single on 14th February and also Charlie Brown was released with video and having single status in February-March. It was quite messy with release dates actually, but the point is that usually after 2nd single the release schedule is quite messy and mixed up with different songs in different countries and platforms.

That's what I could think of, because there have been a few similarities with release schedule so far and also between songs. Like Let Somebody Go being Princess of China on MOTS and Humankind being Charlie Brown of MOTS. These songs don't have potential for massive mainstream success, so it would make sense to put Let Somebody Go and Humankind out there to circle together and have videos as well at some point. Anyway, let's see

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I'd like to think we'll have one more single coming out quite soon, in fact almost together with Let Somebody Go. Either Humankind or People of the Pride. It would be quite similar to Mylo Xyloto. They made Princess of China a radio single on 14th February and also Charlie Brown was released with video and having single status in February-March. It was quite messy with release dates actually, but the point is that usually after 2nd single the release schedule is quite messy and mixed up with different songs in different countries and platforms.

That's what I could think of, because there have been a few similarities with release schedule so far and also between songs. Like Let Somebody Go being Princess of China on MOTS and Humankind being Charlie Brown of MOTS. These songs don't have potential for massive mainstream success, so it would make sense to put Let Somebody Go and Humankind out there to circle together and have videos as well at some point. Anyway, let's see

Apparently People of the Pride will also be released to radio around the same time.Β 

• Wow 1

19 hours ago, I ran away said:

It was unfortunately expectable and is probably, from a marketing point of view, an understable move to get the Selena target audience onboard (and let's face it, to collab with such a big name and NOT make it a single would probably be a snub to the other artist) but I wish they would have chosen Humankind orΒ People of the Pride instead. I think Let Somebody Go is a weak song musically, and lyrically it's a rehash of Everglow. Especially for a band like Coldplay who has done much, much better ballads all throughout their career, their legacy (and now that they're drawing to a close there are not many more chances left to impact it) would benefit more from unexpected choices and demonstrating their bandwidth.

Well!! It looks like Coldplay might have been lurking on the forums last night. People of the Pride supremacy ⚑️⚑️

• Love 1

9 hours ago, CP-EST said:

Kudos for predicting Coldplay's next moves, except for the fact that it's POTP instead of Humankind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I ran away said:

Kudos for predicting Coldplay's next moves, except for the fact that it's POTP instead of Humankind!

I was too doubtful to put all money on POTP.😁 

Anyway, it's more interesting choice than Humankind. I was hoping they go for POTP as single, when I first heard it. It deserves a video as well.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2022 at 9:19 PM, I ran away said:

Especially for a band like Coldplay who has done much, much better ballads all throughout their career, their legacy (and now that they're drawing to a close there are not many more chances left to impact it) would benefit more from unexpected choices and demonstrating their bandwidth.

They did that on Everyday Life. Still one of the most hated bands in the world.

I wonder if they'll perform Let Somebody Go at the Brits, it's a good promo slot (also, have you guys voted today? If some are still bitter about Music of the Spheres do it for me then, my perfectionist ass would love a 5 to 5 proportion of wins πŸ€ͺ).

Edited by gustavothehuman

10 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

They did that on Everyday Life. Still one of the most hated bands in the world.

Idk, they still played it safe with Orphans as the lead single they promoted the most, wish they would have chosen Arabesque instead. EL and COTW were also among safer choices, Cry Cry Cry was the only unusual one. Or was Trouble in Town an official single?

Β 

I don't know if they will perform at the Brits, or will just be there to collect their Lifetime Achievement award (judging by the videos the Brits wanted fans to submit). If they perform, I'd rather have them do People of the Pride. Much more powerful message too.

About the voting, well I gave them 20 votes from the two TikTok accounts I have every day, so they better win this thing πŸ˜„

• Administrators

I need to drop in here and say I've been loving Let Somebody Go lately. It was probably one of my least favourite tracks on this album from my first few listens, but I have it on repeat lately.

And Chris' performance on Ellen today was incredible, nice to hear a piano version without anything else/Selena.

I'd say my favourite off this album now are Let Somebody Go, Higher Power and Coloratura.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

I'm hoping Coldplay's musical project will be animated. There's something pretty magical about animation.

As for 'Let's Somebody Go' and the wrap up of that music video... its understandable but I was rooting for 'People of the Pride' or 'Humankind'.

I think POTP will get a video soon too.

I've a question.Β 

I've had a terrible day and as usual in such cases, I've decided to listen to music to improve a bit my mindset. Now, I've just listened to The Scientist, the official live version in Madrid uploaded on their official YouTube channel. I've noticed that there is now the infinity sign in the corner of the video. So, I've checked other videos (randomly, actually) and the same thing happens. I've not watched their official YouTube videos for a while, so I was wondering, is this sign new and means something? Or was it already there weeks ago, but I didn't notice it?

Edited by only.your.imagination