✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

According to Music JournalistΒ JosΓ© Norberto Flesch, Coldplay will be one of the acts performing at Rock in Rio 2021. He's a very reputable Music Source and previously predicted their Rio de Janeiro shows back in 2017.

His tweet foundΒ here:

He also posted a video. Can anyone translate the Portuguese into English? Thanks!

To me this is one of the clearest signs of new music coming out soon! The Rock in Rio festival takes place in the latter half of 2021.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

18 minutes ago, TheBigBadBono said:

According to Music JournalistΒ JosΓ© Norberto Flesch, Coldplay will be one of the acts performing at Rock in Rio 2021. He's a very reputable Music Source and previously predicted their Rio de Janeiro shows back in 2017.

His tweet foundΒ here:

He also posted a video. Can anyone translate the Portuguese into English? Thanks!

To me this is one of the clearest signs of new music coming out soon! The Rock in Rio festival takes place in the latter half of 2021.

I'm from Portugal and I don't know much about him but heΒ seems like a reliable source. No need for translation, he just says Coldplay will be part of the line-up for the 2021 Rock In Rio Brazil. Though I doubt thatΒ with Covid around it will actually happen... But who knows!Β 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _josemarcelo said:

I'm from Brazil andΒ Fleschis a very reliable and good source, especially about Rock in Rio, but I also doubt very much that the festival will occur this year. Although, it's a good sign!

Yeah, especially since Brazil's one of the COVID hotspots. But at least it's a sign of new music coming out soon!

• Like 2

JosΓ© Norberto Flesch is famous in Brazil for his good informations about concerts. I don't think Rock in Rio is going to happen this year, but maybe Coldplay can perform in the festival in 2022? Plus... if this news is confirmed, it will be the second time Brazil spoils something about the band's new material ?

Edited by pectoralz96
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sam Erickson said:

To me, the Rock in Rio news makes me think thatΒ Coldplay intend to release Music of the Spheres either this summer or early fall.Β  Although, that could all change due to the circumstances.Β Β 

No there not, Coldplay will release Music of the Spheres this summer sometime in June or July before Rock in Rio 2021 tour, we’ll just wait and see what happens next, they still recording the album right now

8 hours ago, Sam Erickson said:

To me, the Rock in Rio news makes me think thatΒ Coldplay intend to release Music of the Spheres either this summer or early fall.Β  Although, that could all change due to the circumstances.Β Β 

i agree i think they could release MOTS in summer and have a teaser about May

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Everyday life said:

No there not, Coldplay will release Music of the Spheres this summer sometime in June or July before Rock in Rio 2021 tour, we’ll just wait and see what happens next, they still recording the album right now

Yeah but sure before that they’ll drop some singles

• Like 2

They played a bunch of festivals from June to October of 2011 and Rock In Rio was the last one. It's safe to say that they won't be doing another big festival tour this year. Maybe something toward the end of the year (like Rock In Rio Brazil, which runs from late September to early October)? I for one am not confident that the state of the world will allow such crowds until the end of the year. 2022 will probably be a better year for touring.Β 

I wonder if Coldplay are in a similar situation to what the Foo Fighters dealt with as they were recording their new album Medicine At Midnight. That album was recorded and finished before the pandemic even began but they delayed it for a year, probably because their tour got canceled and they're one of those bands like Coldplay whose tours are always huge and lucrative. Maybe, just maybe, Music of the Spheres is already finished and the band is just waiting for the right time to release it.

• Like 6

I don't know, but I feel really optimistic for the upcoming album. Maybe it's just the album hype, but the possibilities of Brian Eno having a say in this really have me hoping for the best.

It might just be a generic pop album like AHFOD, but I don't think the termΒ Music of the SpheresΒ came out of nowhere. It seems like a concept that the band could build on and an interesting one that they could explore in the album. If they'd wanted to create a generic pop album but space-themed they could have given it another name, but that weird name from 2010 - Music of the Spheres - still stuck around. I just feel that this album will be more ambitious and explore more complicated concepts than AHFOD and GS did.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

They played a bunch of festivals from June to October of 2011 and Rock In Rio was the last one. It's safe to say that they won't be doing another big festival tour this year. Maybe something toward the end of the year (like Rock In Rio Brazil, which runs from late September to early October)? I for one am not confident that the state of the world will allow such crowds until the end of the year. 2022 will probably be a better year for touring.Β 

I wonder if Coldplay are in a similar situation to what the Foo Fighters dealt with as they were recording their new album Medicine At Midnight. That album was recorded and finished before the pandemic even began but they delayed it for a year, probably because their tour got canceled and they're one of those bands like Coldplay whose tours are always huge and lucrative. Maybe, just maybe, Music of the Spheres is already finished and the band is just waiting for the right time to release it.

Yeah, I think so too.

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021